Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Matt Ingram and Baz Richardson promoted at Hull

• Hadn't realised Josh Umerah was playing for Torquay, anyway he got sent off for 2 yellows for fouls on the same player weithin minutes of each other.

• Nick Freeman subbed at half time.

• edited April 2021

Eze with the assist, as Palace go 1v0 up on Leicester. He made the pass to Zaha look easy you might say.

• Randell Williams scored an important goal for Exeter City in their 2-1 win at the University of Bolton Stadium on his return after three months out with an injury. The final automatic promotion spot from League 2 will go to either Bolton or Morecambe.

• @StrongestTeam Great for Matt Ingram (and Barry RIchardson) to seal the Championship yesterday, too. Delighted for Matt after a hard few years of infrequent appearances at QPR and the misery of last year's relegation. Great to have cemented his place as first choice at Hull in what's been a pretty solid defence.

• Ezee scores for Crystal Palace and Gozie Ugwu scores for Raith Rovers.

• Eze’s goal was a brilliant run from his own half again.

• I noticed Andy Fairman on Bolton's bench in the highlights of the game at Crawley today. Makes sense, given he was based in the north west, I think, even when he was with us.

• Will de Havilland one of 15 players released by Dover. Sam Wood has been offered a new deal by the whites.

• I miss Sam Wood. His rapid decline in his last season with us was hard to watch.

• Quite a character, Sam, wasn’t he. I wasn’t there (sadly) but wasn’t he one of the stars at White Hot Lane in that epic cup encounter with the intermittently mighty Spurs?

As a teenager Sam played for Cray Wanderers and, whilst still a teenager, he won the supporters’ goal of the season award for a goal which ended AFC Wimbledon’s 78 game unbeaten run. Whilst playing non-League football, he worked as a body double for the likes of Christiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Cesc Fabregas. He also featured in ads for Nike and Adidas.

• He played out of his skin at WHL, but didn't ever get back to those heights. I'm glad Dover are in a position to offer anyone a new deal after this season.

• @micra said:
    Quite a character, Sam, wasn’t he. I wasn’t there (sadly) but wasn’t he one of the stars at White Hot Lane in that epic cup encounter with the intermittently mighty Spurs?

As a teenager Sam played for Cray Wanderers and, whilst still a teenager, he won the supporters’ goal of the season award for a goal which ended AFC Wimbledon’s 78 game unbeaten run. Whilst playing non-League football, he worked as a body double for the likes of Christiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Cesc Fabregas. He also featured in ads for Nike and Adidas.

Quite a strange set of players to be filling in for. Bearing in mind one is about 5ft 5 with the body of a child, Fabregas is a bit taller, and Ronaldo is a pumped 6footer.

• @Malone, I suppose it depends on which bit of the body he's doubling for!

• Exactly right @Twizz. Head and shoulders, I imagine (though I don’t think he ever appeared in a shampoo ad).

• Scott Brown has been released by Port Vale.

• Seems harsh he played at the weekend and they had a strong run in.

• Maybe the increased costs of wearing out the goal line.

• Port Vale released all 16 of the players out of contract this summer. Brown has apparently been critical of some elements of the management. It seems the manager, Darryl Clarke - ex Bristol - has been clear in the press that he cant wait to get rid of the "dead wood". In truth it doesn't sound a very happy ship. Brownie incidentally won a community engagement award at their player of the season awards. If he decides he wants to carry on, I hope he finds a new (better) club in the area.

• I thought Brownie had done well at Port Vale...shame to be released

• recycled joke alert

Well, perhaps they left a copy of his new contract on the edge on the six yard box and he never came to collect it

• @Forest_Blue said:
    I thought Brownie had done well at Port Vale...shame to be released

Think it's because he publicly criticised the hierarchy at the club.

• @Forest_Blue said:

I bet he'll get another club quite easily.

• @Wendoverman said:

@Forest_Blue said:

I bet he'll get another club quite easily.

Going to be interesting to see the impact of squad limits on the contracts more established pro’s trying to get a new club. Hope Brown gets another team

• LON in the League One team of the season.

• Get the lad signed up sharpish!

• That would top pretty much any signing imo... incredibly talented player.