Skip to content

Current squad ins and outs

2»

Comments

• Beside the obvious old timer departures (possibly) and given the team spirit which, let's face it, kept us in the running so much that a points deduction would keep us up, I suspect funds will be used to retain everyone who wants to stay for a tilt at the L1 title. Unless someone comes in with a great offer a player cannot refuse, I cannot see one of our lot either being seen as 'good enough' for an established Championship side wanting to push on to pay decent money for...or wanting to abandon the good ship Wycombe to go to one of our rivals. This is just an opinion. I'm not expecting a lot of ins and outs myself.

• edited May 2021

@Wendoverman said:
    Beside the obvious old timer departures (possibly) and given the team spirit which, let's face it, kept us in the running so much that a points deduction would keep us up, I suspect funds will be used to retain everyone who wants to stay for a tilt at the L1 title. Unless someone comes in with a great offer a player cannot refuse, I cannot see one of our lot either being seen as 'good enough' for an established Championship side wanting to push on to pay decent money for...or wanting to abandon the good ship Wycombe to go to one of our rivals. This is just an opinion. I'm not expecting a lot of ins and outs myself.

I think most of the senior players out of contract will go - plus probably Freeman - and Blooms will retire, but I can definitely see us keeping hold of everyone who's already contracted for next season and beyond for the reasons you say.

• I will probably be proved wrong, but why would Blooms retire? We will surely want to keep him at the club as a coach, so why wouldn't we retain his player registration? He's eminently capable of doing the occasional job in League 1.

• edited May 2021

@OakwoodExile said:
    I will probably be proved wrong, but why would Blooms retire? We will surely want to keep him at the club as a coach, so why wouldn't we retain his player registration? He's eminently capable of doing the occasional job in League 1.

He did say he had no idea what his future holds and is willing to play, coach or both, so I agree that remains to be seen.

Besides, we are back in the Chuckletrade next season (hello darkness my old friend). We need as many options as possible to take the heat off the usual starters.

• edited May 2021

@OakwoodExile said:
    I will probably be proved wrong, but why would Blooms retire? We will surely want to keep him at the club as a coach, so why wouldn't we retain his player registration? He's eminently capable of doing the occasional job in League 1.

Because we'll be working within very (too) tight parameters. If there's still a space after we've done all the business we need to do or the 22-man squad limit gets increased then there might well be room for him, but he has said himself that he doesn't know what the future holds - doesn't necessarily mean he's retiring, but clearly there's some uncertainty.

• @Shev said:

Besides, we are back in the Chuckletrade next season (hello darkness my old friend). We need as many options as possible to take the heat off the usual starters.

Asking for friend who supports a team who may well be back in the Checkatrade next season after a year out. How do these new pathetic squad size limitations work in this competition next season? Do you have to work within the same squad for league games? Seems like there won’t be any room for squad rotation going forward once injuries are taken in to account?

On a separate point I’m not enjoying the casual dismissal of some of our heroic squad. Ainsworth is a loyal man. Don’t cast aside all this years of experience without a really good reason

• I could see a place for Blooms at the club that shall not be named, in Essex, as a player coach? On the correct side of the M25 and closer to home. Could do a decent job in L2.

• No chance Blooms plays for anyone else unless Ipswich want to give him a one-match contract!

• Right @EwanHoosaami you're in the sin bin pal

Go and have a long think about what you've just said and don't come back until you're ready to apologise

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    I could see a place for Blooms at the club that shall not be named, in Essex, as a player coach? On the correct side of the M25 and closer to home. Could do a decent job in L2.

Sometimes it's best to just think things and not say them out loud!

• As the M25 is a complete circle, technically aren't we on the same side of it?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    I could see a place for Blooms at the club that shall not be named, in Essex, as a player coach? On the correct side of the M25 and closer to home. Could do a decent job in L2.

Red card offence

• edited May 2021

@EwanHoosaami said:

Do you keep saying this to try and aggravate people?
    He did some coaching at Ipswich. If he moved anywhere it'd surely be there.

• Blooms will be at Wycombe one way or another.

• @Malone said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

Not as a player coach. That's assuming he wants to carry on as a player? Also as far as I can remember, I've only typed it once? ?

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@Malone said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

Not as a player coach. That's assuming he wants to carry on as a player? Also as far as I can remember, I've only typed it once? ?

Definitely your second time.
    Well, it was you or Dev, I get you two mixed up ;)

• @Malone said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@Malone said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

How very dare you!!!!??

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@Malone said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@Malone said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

How very dare you!!!!??

Yeah that was too far. I take that bit back.

• I chatted with Blooms yesterday and I think I can pretty well assure you he’ll be at Wycombe next season. In what capacity he still isn’t sure but he played in a decent match at AP yesterday for a Gareth Ainsworth XI and said that just being out there meant so much to him. He’s still in total love with playing and will make sure he’s as fit as he can be next season for whatever the manager asks of him. He’s already learned so much from Gareth and Dobbo on coaching should that be the route he goes down next season.
    I reffed the match and he gave me a couple of decent bollockings that assured me all is well. There’s still a VAR check pending on one of the two goals conceded by the Ainsworth XI!!

• @OldEchoMan said:

I reffed the match and he gave me a couple of decent bollockings that assured me all is well. There’s still a VAR check pending on one of the two goals conceded by the Ainsworth XI!!

Must have moved Stockley Park to the West Country!

• @OldEchoMan said:
    I chatted with Blooms yesterday and I think I can pretty well assure you he’ll be at Wycombe next season. In what capacity he still isn’t sure but he played in a decent match at AP yesterday for a Gareth Ainsworth XI and said that just being out there meant so much to him. He’s still in total love with playing and will make sure he’s as fit as he can be next season for whatever the manager asks of him. He’s already learned so much from Gareth and Dobbo on coaching should that be the route he goes down next season.

I wish I still lived in South Bucks. It sounds like everyone just sits outside Marlow bistros chatting to players and staff all day!