Skip to content

Trust Members can play on the pitch on May 24th

https://wycombewandererstrust.com/2021/05/play-on-the-pitch-trust-members-offer

This initiative from the club was announced at the Trust meeting last week. It could interest Trust members who fancy a kick about on the pitch.

Comments

• I stopped playing at 40 about 15 years ago but I’d be tempted

• I stopped about 32 years ago, (just over half my lifetime), like @Morris_Ital think I would be tempted now that my replacement titanium knees have bedded in!

• Walking football is very popular these days (or at least it was pre pandemic) and I believe @glasshalffull used to participate.
    I reckon those two stalwarts (@EwanHoosaami and @Morris_Ital) would both be very hard to shake off the ball but would also be likely to incur early yellow cards as a result of breaking into gentle trots. Much less likely as the minutes elapse of course. @Malone is much too young to compete in the walking format. Both he and @HCblue have the height to play as central defenders or target men.

• @micra said:
    Walking football is very popular these days (or at least it was pre pandemic) and I believe @glasshalffull used to participate.
    I reckon those two stalwarts (@EwanHoosaami and @Morris_Ital) would both be very hard to shake off the ball but would also be likely to incur early yellow cards as a result of breaking into gentle trots. Much less likely as the minutes elapse of course. @Malone is much too young to compete in the walking format. Both he and @HCblue have the height to play as central defenders or target men.

Thanks @micra i am seriously considering taking up walking football about a year ago I got a yellow card from my doctor and have since changed my ways (mostly).

• I took up standing still football or sitting down football some time ago.

• Can you imagine Bayo in walking football. NOBODY would be able to get the ball off him ever

• @micra said:
    Walking football is very popular these days (or at least it was pre pandemic) and I believe @glasshalffull used to participate.

Used to play a huge amount. But switched sports late 20s and never looked back. Wouldn't dare play now as I was always very all or nothing.

• I just about started walking football. The first lockdown was imposed two days before my first session.
    Has anyone actually done this? Is it any fun?

• I play walking football 3-4 times a week and love it. Simple rules: no tackling from behind, ball mustn’t travel over head height and obviously no running (though this is frequently abused). I’ve played in competitions for Wycombe Wanderers and Maidenhead United and there’s a league at Bisham Abbey. You have to be over 50 to qualify. Great fun.

• Cue gags re head height/hoofball/running/age etc!

• Sounds interesting I think I could manage walking football but hope to be running the line at the Trust game. Keeping up with the ‘hoof ball..long ball’ tactics

• @MorrisItal_ said:

@micra said:

Thanks @micra i am seriously considering taking up walking football about a year ago I got a yellow card from my doctor and have since changed my ways (mostly).

I got a yellow card from my doctor as well, so changed doctors!!

• @micra said:
    Both he and @HCblue have the height to play as central defenders or target men.

I think your heightometer might need recalibrating.

• Shame this has come about 10 years too late for my knees!

• Too true...

• @drcongo said:

@micra said:
    Both he and @HCblue have the height to play as central defenders or target men.

I think your heightometer might need recalibrating.

Everyone looks tall to me. I’ve gone from five foot eleven and seven eighths to five nine in sixty five years. That eighth of an inch was the bane of my life.