Skip to content

Flackwell Heath through to the last 16 of the FA Vase

Hats off to the Chepping Wycombe based club who defeated Lancing on penalties yesterday.
They now face a tough tie at Plymouth Parkway next Saturday.

Comments

• Well done the Heathens! Their best cup run since they got to the final qualifying round of the FA Cup in 2002 when they lost to Crawley?

• I remember going to see Burnham in the 2nd leg of a semi final in 1983. They were put to the sword by a strong Halesowen side.
    Other localism clubs still left in the vase this year are Binfield (who were a Chiltonian lge club not that long ago) and Leighton Town.

• Didn’t they get to the quarters, or maybe even the semis of the Vase a few years ago too. Lost to an extravagantly named team from Yorkshire IIRC.

• @floyd said:
    Didn’t they get to the quarters, or maybe even the semis of the Vase a few years ago too. Lost to an extravagantly named team from Yorkshire IIRC.

Shaw Lane Aquaforce! They're called something else now sadly. And it was the last 16. carry on!

• Parkway are very well off by the standards of this level and very upwardly mobile. Expect to see them in at least Southern Premier, prob Conference south. Strong candidates to win it.
    I’ll be a few miles up the road watching Tavistock play Portsmouth over the fence. Good old non league...

• Didn’t Chalfont St Peter get to the semi final a few years ago and lose over 2 legs to one of the founder members of the Football League? I was at the home tie.

• Next round if Flackwell win on their long trip to Parkway is potentially a slightly longer trip even further west.

Tavistock/Portsmouth v Parkway/Flackwell

Come on you Lambs.

• @Forest_Blue said:
    Didn’t Chalfont St Peter get to the semi final a few years ago and lose over 2 legs to one of the founder members of the Football League? I was at the home tie.

Yes about 2009 that was against Glossop North End

• @peterparrotface said:

@Forest_Blue said:
    Didn’t Chalfont St Peter get to the semi final a few years ago and lose over 2 legs to one of the founder members of the Football League? I was at the home tie.

Yes about 2009 that was against Glossop North End

The smallest town to have played in the English top flight when it was bankrolled by a member of the Hill-Wood family of Arsenal fame. Just shows that money was still affecting the game 120 years ago.

• Big spending Glossop!

• I remember Thame reaching the Semi finals in the late 90's. I went to the 1/4 final at the old Windmill ground.

• @ChasHarps said:
    I remember Thame reaching the Semi finals in the late 90's. I went to the 1/4 final at the old Windmill ground.

Got turned over by Bedlington Terriers IIRC.

• That's correct. Thame had a forward line of Ronnie Joe and Jefferson Louis at the time. Whilst not the most skilful, they were a handful.

• Flackwell achieved an outstanding win away against arguably the competition favourites Plymouth Parkway. They therefore reach the Quarter final.

They play United services Portsmouth in the next round who incidentally I watched (standing in some nettles in a hedge and through a fence) comprehensively beat my team Tavistock today. It was nice seeing some live football and USP looked a very good side albeit helped by a poor team choice by the home side.

• Flackwell were defeated 2-0 at US Portsmouth
    in the Vase today.

• Two disappointing things about this thread. Dev using the phrase “my team” without a hint of irony, and Chas letting him get away with it...

• I see Tavistock play in red and black, perhaps Devsy wears one of his old Watford away kits to display his loyalty to the Lambs ?
    Is it just multiple English teams, that Devc claims to support ? or does he have some Scottish or European clubs to add to his ever growing list.
    Maybe he should wear a Dr Who scarf, to incorporate the colours of his clubs.

• “My team” does sound a bit quaint. I don’t think I’ve ever felt sufficiently possessive to refer to the Wanderers as “my team”, not even after 53 years!