Skip to content

Ups and Downs - L1 teams next season?

124»

Comments

• Just hold on v Swansea a few games back, and we'd have made it an exciting last game.
    Never mind.

• @micra said:
    Which one though @Shev ? I’d plump for the disallowed goal at home to Watford - the match in which Ben Foster was Man of the Match.

Horgan's offside against Derby - if we win that, we are on 43 and they are on 40! Even taking away the soft freekick in the last second would be 41 apiece.

• @Malone said:
    Just hold on v Swansea a few games back, and we'd have made it an exciting last game.
    Never mind.

Very true. We are an unlucky Knight red card, unlucky penalty and failed Grimmer clearance from already being almost safe on 46, and that is just recent weeks!

• @Shev said:

@Malone said:
    Just hold on v Swansea a few games back, and we'd have made it an exciting last game.
    Never mind.

Very true. We are an unlucky Knight red card, unlucky penalty and failed Grimmer clearance from already being almost safe on 46, and that is just recent weeks!

Before we even give a thought to that first 10 games!

I feel more optimistic after a relegation than other times. Perhaps only that season we had Tyson and knew the absolute carnage he'd do in league 2 was cause for greater optimism.

• Very good point made on the Facebook page we will get a parachute payment of 11.1% of the championship solidarity cash. for next season

• edited May 2021

@Glenactico said:
    Peterborough promoted with a 95 min penalty that is one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen

I thought I had seen some poor refereeing decisions in our games this season, but the Peterborough penalty this afternoon really, really was a dreadfully wrong call by the referee. Szmodics makes Hylton look like a complete amateur in the cheating skills with that one.

• Portsmouth appear to be bottling it at home to Accrington, putting the PNL’s in the play offs.

• Pompey were abject in the first half. 2nd half they had 100% attacking momentum but created very little that Stanley's defence couldn't nullify, and regarding what was said on another thread here about the lack of petulance etc from Wycombe players, it was telling to see how much Pompey players were berating each other - not least Ronan Curtis, who is a right mardy so and so.

• Continuing on the Pompey theme, Danny Cowley was only appointed until the end of this season, so no idea what the board or fans expected him to achieve in such a short time. Like Ainsworth, and someone like Paul Warne, he's a manager who creates a culture at a club based on his ideals. Pompey need wholesale changes if they're going to progress and I wonder if the patience is there to allow that to happen. So glad there is that patience and long term vision at Wycombe.

• The must be a vaccine against a Plymouth Season Ticket!

• John (not his real name) was quoted “They told me there wouldn’t be side effects but I woke up with this horrible green card, I knew I was in trouble when I asked if it’s going to hurt the “nurse” said don’t worry about a thing cos every little thing “

• I bet he felt a bit of a prick.

• In the early days of mrs micra’s nursing training at Crumpsall hospital, matron told her not to say “just a little prick” when giving injections (presumably in the bum, as I could never understand how the expression could give offence if the jab was in the shoulder).