Skip to content

Match day thread: Middlesbrough

Comments

• Genuinely a bit emotional here.

• Thank you WWFC for a magnificent season, you couldn't have made me prouder to be a Wycombe fan.

• Amazing effort well done lads

• One of the all time Wycombe performances.

• I'll say this - for how bittersweet it is to finish so close to safety, the fact we have played our hearts out when already as good as down speaks volumes about this team and this manager.

• If we can keep everyone next season could be very special indeed

• I know I’ve said something similar before, but how much better does this entrance to League One feel than the promotion under Peter Taylor.

• Wow what a performance, how good a motivator is GA?

And such a lovely touch to give Blooms a brief cameo role at the end

• All we wanted this season was a good hit at it, players working hard and hopefully not getting stuffed every week. The boys have been brilliant, the management team to be congratulated for keeping spirit and focus in the right place as much as results.
    Roll on Pre-season. In person. Season ticket renewed. Not demanding going back up or pissing the league. Few contract extensions and signings and a big old effort as we do and we'll make an impact next year.

• Wednesday still haven’t sent the keeper up. They deserve to go down.

• Anyone else notice Taffs managed to get two assists today. The Iranian Messi?

• 3rd bottom... Great achievement

• What a fantastic last day and we finished 22nd

So proud of the club, the squad and the management team for all we achieved this year

• Okay - anyone else have in the back of their minds that we have potentially positioned ourselves for a Derby points deduction? Go on, admit it!

That being said, I expect even if a deduction came down, it would apply to next season now.

• I wouldn't personally want to stay up like that

• The perfect day for us really. Weird to say that when we've been relegated, but those recent performances give us so much to look forward to next season.

If we can keep hold of Adeniran and Muskwe, that's one hell of a team we've got.

• However I would want to see Rooney relegated like that.

• Stupendous performance. Every player got 10 out of 10 from me today apart from Curtis, who got 11.

Priorities for me this summer:
    1) sign Muskwe and Adeniran
    2) another target man for when Ikpeazu is out
    3) a back-up right wing back
    4) stick to this formation!

• Great performance. Players deserve a lot of credit playing like that when ‘nothing’ to play for but pride. Sums up our everything that is so special about our club at the moment.
    To finish 3rd bottom and only one point from safety is very impressive, especially considering where we were a few months ago.

• Sadly that is the case @Shev - there is every chance that Wednesday will start next season with a negative points total due to ongoing failure to pay players wages, and Derby may start next season in the Championship with a points deduction due to ongoing financial issues etc.

• What a performance, that augurs so well for the future. Anyone who thinks we should be disappointed to finish 3rd from bottom of this division should take a long look at themselves. I feel nothing but pride in what we have achieved this season.

• Couldn’t be prouder. And a little frustrated about the games against Derby, Wednesday, Luton, Swansea etc etc

Exciting times ahead

• Brilliant performance and though it's not much consolation I'm glad we didn't finish bottom.

Watching that today was a joy, even when we made little mistakes we no longer seemed to get punished. The attitude of the players today was superb and the staff.

I switched over to the derby game when ours finished and if ever a game needed fans in it was that, just didn't feel the same, imagine the goaly being stopped from going up in injury time with thousands of away fans screaming for him to go up.

• @Shev said:
    Okay - anyone else have in the back of their minds that we have potentially positioned ourselves for a Derby points deduction? Go on, admit it!

That being said, I expect even if a deduction came down, it would apply to next season now.

I'll hold my hand up... I did think that but thought I'd better not say.... so thanks for doing it for me shev !! Haha

• @eric_plant said:
    I wouldn't personally want to stay up like that

I would not normally, but considering the Horgan "offside" against Derby and the dive for their last gasp freekick, I could find a way to live with it!

• What a display. To actually be a bit disappoiunted we only saw them off 3-0! Sucha contrast from that long spell we barely looked remotely like scoring.

Down by 1 point. So many times over the season we could have made that up and bypassed it, starting day 1 for one.
    But that's gone now, and it's only positive for next season now.

If we could get Adeniran and Muskwe, we'd have a hell of a chance as it stands already.
    But you know Gareth will have a couple of other plans on top.

Nice to see Bloomfield get his cameo. Shame it came with no fans, but what a place to go out, the Riverside with a 3-0 win in the championship!

• Very complimentary words from BBC Radio5Live studio team about our performance in the second half of the season.

• @Shev said:

@eric_plant said:
    I wouldn't personally want to stay up like that

I would not normally, but considering the Horgan "offside" against Derby and the dive for their last gasp freekick, I could find a way to live with it!

I would shed no tears for Derby after some of their recent shenanigans, but I'd be more excited at the prospect of us romping back up next season.

• You’re not the only one thinking that @shev

• From the time we changed our formation to the two wing back set up we have looked excellent. Even without Josh Knight today we looked like a mid to top half Championship side.
    Great from all the lads and the staff.
    Let us hope Gareth gets the backing needed to further strengthen the side and maybe we can hold onto Admiral and Adeniran. Can’t see us getting Knight but you never know.
    Well done lads!!!!!