Skip to content

Match day thread: Middlesbrough

Comments

• The most bittersweet of games. We would be at least midtable next season with this lot!

• Cannot remember ever seeing a better footballing performance that that first half. We played some beautiful football under Gorman, but that was League 2. We look an incredibly good side. We need to move Heaven and Earth to sign Adeniran and Musketeers. This starting 11 in this formation, playing in this style, with the players we have on the bench, and we could be challenging for the title next season. Absolutely fantastic.

• Musketeers? Muskwe!

• Keeping Fred might be a challenge too, given we’ve already declined an offer for him.

• It’s very strange to be watching your team get relegated while feeling ecstatic about the football they’re playing.

What a manager Gareth Ainsworth is to be able turn out a side playing out of their skins in a dead rubber.

• Allsop not injured "unavailable to travel" or didn't like his offer or didn't get one

• I’d take Allsop over Archer any day.

• Get in

What a fantastic goal and performance

• This team. What can you say?

• I WANT TO WATCH THIS EVERY WEEK!!!!!!

• I've no idea how many Wycombe games I've watched, but it's hundreds

This is one of the best I've ever seen in terms of our performance

• @Chris said:
    I’d take Allsop over Archer any day.

If we want promotion, he wants to stay and we can afford it I would keep Rocky. We will need two quality keepers.

• Derby 2-1. We almost certainly will finish off the bottom now!

• Two in three minutes for Derby.

• @Shev said:
    Derby 2-1. We almost certainly will finish off the bottom now!

Long way to go yet. Let’s hope Cardiff get an equaliser and it stays the same at Derby. Third from bottom would be delightful

• Bloomfield doesn’t look like he’s coming on any time soon.

• Fred's just taking the piss out them now.

• @Chris said:
    Bloomfield doesn’t look like he’s coming on any time soon.

I thought the same thing but he just ran down the tunnel. Wednesday have equalized!

• You don’t hear much about a lack of a Plan B these days, do you? Also what happened to that cretin who used to post every week about how he was never coming again.

I’m with @eric_plant here. Best all round football I’ve watched us playing since I started watching in the mid 80s.

• Derby 2 Wednesday 2.

• I cannot wait to cheer this team out at AP. Great end to the season considering no Josh Knight or Mehmeti!

• A third for Wednesday!

• @Shev said:
    Derby 2-1. We almost certainly will finish off the bottom now!

I'll just shut up now!

• Wouldn't be surprised if Horgan made a real contribution next season if he stays

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Wouldn't be surprised if Horgan made a real contribution next season if he stays

I hope so.

• Cardiff have equalized!

• And Derby have scored!

• Get in

• Fully deserve to finish 22nd.

• Young lad Bloomfield getting some minutes, love to see it