Skip to content

Match day thread: Middlesbrough

BSEBSE
edited May 2021 in Football

Comments

• Boro badge is a carbon copy of pub sign in Magaluf or any well else in spain or the Balerics that has a red lion bar !!

• It's alright, minimal new marketing shittery applied to it.

• Happily they have removed the '1986' which was included for a long time after the reformation

• Nothing special in that badge, but nothing too offensive either. I'm going full centrist with a 5/10.

• So all we need to do is beat our record final day win (12-0 v the 1st Welsh Guards in 1921, fwiw).

• TEAM NEWS: Stockdale, Jacobson (c), Stewart, Tafazolli, Ikpeazu, Muskwe, Thompson, McCleary, Onyedinma, Adeniran, McCarthy.

Subs: Anderson, Grimmer, Wheeler, Bloomfield, Kashket, Horgan, Samuel, Obita, Mehmeti.

• "Gape, Akinfenwa and Ofoborh remain injured and were unable to travel.

Josh Knight missed the trip due to protocols surrounding his head injury last weekend, ending his loan spell with us.

Thanks and good luck,
    @Joshknight66
    !"

• Gutted Josh doesn't get to feature

No Rocky on the bench

• Shame Knight and Bayo couldn't make it. Hope that's not the end of Bayo in our colours.

Looks ominous for Allsop.
    Oforbofh out ends one of the more curious loan spells of recent times. Barely got a look in.

Good looking line up, could be a straight 4-4-2, or could still be 3 centre backs with Fred and McCarthy wing backs.

Adeniran surprisingly makes it after looking odds on to be out.

• Those substitutes suggest to me that Bloomfield will be retiring (as a player) and Allsop will be departing.

• @Chris said:
    Those substitutes suggest to me that Bloomfield will be retiring (as a player) and Allsop will be departing.

Looks a good prediction.
    Hopefully Bloomfield gets a last 15-20 with us gloriously leading.

• When Matt Bloomfield comes on today I hope everyone of us who is able rises to our feet and applauds, for very probably the last time in a Wycombe shirt, a true Wycombe legend

I will have a tear in my eye

• So glad Bloomers got his Championship goal! That look of delight when he scored is one of the great memories of this season.

• Don Goodman on Sky Sports just said he could make a very good case for Gaz to get manager of the season. Well said Don.

• @Shev said:
    So glad Bloomers got his Championship goal! That look of delight when he scored is one of the great memories of this season.

Wait till he gets the 14th later

• Would be quite poetic for Blooms to retire - if he does - on the same weekend that James Coppinger does likewise. They don't make them like that anymore - legends the pair of them.

• Judging by social media it doesn't look like Bayo has trained much since Bristol City. Hopefully giving him a longer pre-season for one last hurrah with us.

Tough for Allsop not to be involved, but no point in risking injury if he'll be looking for a new club tomorrow.

• I suppose Muskwe and Adeniran aside this will be our League One first team?

• Still 0-0. I’m starting to lose hope

• We need to score every seven minutes, still time.

• No red button on Sky?

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Still 0-0. I’m starting to lose hope

No panic until the 85th. It only takes a minute to score a goal.

• Rotherham have scored.

• Rotherham 1-0 up at Cardiff.

• Get in! What a ball from Taf!

• Nice work Fred.

• Only 12 to go

• Fred! What a run and pass from Taffs!

• Fred you beauty

• Through ball from Taff too, I’ve been critical of his passing in the past but that was a beauty.