Skip to content

Charity Predictions - Bournemouth (h Sat 1st KO 15:00) and Middlesbrough (a Sat 8th KO 12:30)

Comments

• Wycombe 0 Bournemouth 3

• Wycombe 2 Bournemouth 1(Ikpeazu, Muskwe)

• Wycombe (JJ) 1-0 South Coast Redz

• Wycombe 2-0 AFCB (Uche, Stockdale)

• Wycombe 3-1 Bournemouth

• Goalscorer's Competition Table Update

Congratulations to @SmiroludyBlue, @bigred87 and @Commoner who all had Uche Ikpeazu divined as the only Wycombe goalscorer of the game - 15 points each. @SmiroludyBlue moves to the top of the play off places, @bigred87 and @Commoner gain 6 places each.

@a40, myself, @Twizz, @ForeverBlue, @HolmerBlue, @LX1 and @drcongo all had Uche to score amongst - 5 points each. I have some sincere regret that the Realism Rule took 4 of those points away as I would have preferred his prediction to have been correct.

@a40 leads the table by 6 points. The top is realistically within reach of anyone in the top three. Anyone else in the playoff places needs at least two correct goalscorers in the last game to reach the top. With wild optimism anyone can do it - a JJ hatrick for instance is worth 90+ points if he is the only scorer.

A Request - Attendance Prediction Competition or Goalscorer Competition next season - thanks for the responses @DevC, @Erroll_Sims, @Chris and @mooneyman - if others have a preference please post.

The table as it stands after 45 games:

Current Position Forecaster Total Points Points this change Change in Position
    1 @A40 84 5 0
    2 @Errol_Sims 78 0
    3 @SmiroludyBlue 73 15 1
    4 @MindlessDrugsHoover 59 -1
    5 @railwaysteve 55 5 2
    6 @micra 54 -1
    7 @our_frank 52 -1
    8 @StrongestTeam 50 1
    9 @mooneyman 50 -1
    10 @bigred87 47 15 6
    11 @Commoner 45 15 6
    12 @DevC 44 -2
    13 @twizz 43 5 -2
    14 @ForeverBlue 38 5 -1
    15 @ForestBlue 34 -3
    16 @Chris 32 -1
    17 @carrickblue 32 -3
    18 @HolmerBlue 23 5 2
    19 @bookertease 22 -1
    20 @LX1 21 5 1
    21 @Alexo 20 -2
    22 @wwfcblue 12 0
    23 @drcongo 11 1 0
    24 @Manboobs 5 0
    25 @OnOurWay 0 0
  • I’d love to see @SmiroludyBlue take the title.

• a40a40
    edited May 2021

I have a preference for the goal scorer prediction. I think its better for throwing out some surprises and hopefully we’ll get to see a few more goals flying in next year, therefore increasing the fun.

• This of course has nothing to do with my lofty position...

• I agree @a40. And let me hasten to add that my earlier post was a reflection of something we learned about @SmiroludyBlue a couple of years ago and I will be almost equally pleased if you retain your lofty perch !!

• Thanks for the feedback @a40.
    I suspect that I would keep the same or similar mild disincentive to predict us to win by a large number and name most of the forwards to score but I too hope we would keep the momentum from the second half of this season and score more goals.

• @railwaysteve I'm very grateful to you for doing this week after week. My slight preference would be for the goalsscorer competitition, but happy either way.

• @railwaysteve, I've been equally mediocre at both although each week I ponder at great length my predictions, trying to find the balance between hopeless optimism and deep pessimism before blindly guessing - as many of us do I suspect.
    My preference would be for the attendance prediction but only because guesswork has more validity in that!
    Thanks for all the effort that you put into this it's much appreciated.

• @railwaysteve and @DevC thanks for running these competitions again. Look forward to taking part again next season. My preference would be for the goal scorer prediction, but as I’m equally hopeless at both......

• Thanks @our_frank, @Twizz and @ForeverBlue for the thoughtful feedback and kind comments. I have certainly derived some fun from both competitions. The Goalscorer's Competition has provided a greater variety of outcomes than I anticipated, except no player has scored more than once in a league game yet.

Further voicing of preference is not discouraged.

I would just like to say that there is no shame at all in gracing the lower reaches of any of the Gasroom Worldwide Prediction Competitions, just as there is no shame at all in our club's finishing possession in the Championship. We are all experts. I say this mindful of my own position in this seasons Gasroom Worldwide Charity Score Prediction Competition.

Happy predicting and good luck to all for the final day of an unusual season.

• Full table for the score prediction tomorrow but sneak preview - @MindlessDrugHoover and @bigred87 are level on points at the top leaving it all to play for at the top of the table going into the last game. Both have predicted already with @bigred87 going for a draw and @MindlessDrugHoover a Wycombe win. Remember score prediction changes can be accepted right up to kick off leaving plenty of opportunity for late shithousery....

• Oh my!!!

• I’ve nothing against former Drug Hoovers but I’m rooting for you @bigred87.

Any thumb(s) down will be a reflection on me (and whatever I’ve done to upset one mewling voiceless infant) rather than a vote against you!

• the question is, which one will cave in and predict a Boro win, just to get the title?

• Three mewling infants.

• As promised the current table. @bigred87 correct core propels him to a share of the human lead with @MindlessDrugHoover. It all comes down to next weekend. Good luck both.

Pos Team Season Week Movemnt
    1 Betfair 81 -2 0
    2 Mindlessdrughoover 73 -2 0
    3 Big Red 73 6 0
    4 DevC 59 -1 0
    5 Our Frank 45 -1 0
    6 LX 40 3 1
    7 Wendover 39 4 1
    8 Chris 37 -3 -2
    9 Micra 29 -1 0
    10 Forest Blue 24 -2 0
    11 Holmer Blue 24 -1 0
    12 Mooneyman 13 -1 0
    13 Smiroludyblue 9 -2 0
    14 Alexo 8 -1 2
    15 Bookertease 7 -4 -1
    16 Carrick Blue 7 -3 -1
    17 Twizz 7 -1 0
    18 Manboobs 4 -1 0
    19 Dr Congo -1 0 0
    20 Forever Blue -4 -1 0
    21 Errol Sims -14 4 0
    22 A40 -14 4 0
    23 Commoner -24 -1 0
    24 Strongest -48 6 0
    25 Railway Steve -62 4 0
    26 Ryan's Daughter -63 3 0
  • Who would have thought 39 points was enough to get in the top ten.

• I think I'm right in saying, if everything else goes our way, 13-0 will see us avoid relegation.

Middlesbrough 0-13 Wycombe

Jacobsen, Stewart, Onyedima, McCleary, Muskwe, Thompson, Ikpeazu, Bloomfield, Mehmeti, Samuel, Akinfenwa, Stockdale (2)

• 'With the play-offs out of the question, I think it's time to give that 17 year old goalie and some of the youth team defenders a run-out, Neil.'

• Middlesboro 3 (Juninho, Gascoigne, Merson) - 16 Wycombe (Bayo X5, Uche X5, Kashket (late sub) X5, Stockdale (100th minute)

• @LX1 said:
    I think I'm right in saying, if everything else goes our way, 13-0 will see us avoid relegation.

Middlesbrough 0-13 Wycombe

Jacobsen, Stewart, Onyedima, McCleary, Muskwe, Thompson, Ikpeazu, Bloomfield, Mehmeti, Samuel, Akinfenwa, Stockdale (2)

Imagine if we win 13-0 and then Derby beat Sheffield Weds.

• Or we win 13-0 but Sheff W win by two....

• Blimey, I was resigned to a slightly anti-climactic final day but this title race makes it all much spicier.

• Midd 1 wyc 1

• Middlesbrough 1 - Wycombe 2 (Ikpeazu, Wheeler)