Skip to content

Do we go for it on Saturday?

2»

Comments

• Meanwhile Neil Warnock has promised to honour the integrity of the league, while planning for the future with his line-up and reminding Wednesday fans which side of the city he's from

• I’d still be thinking we’ll lose

• @our_frank said:
    team for Saturday: Worley; Guppy; Beavon; Scott; Regis; Akinfenwa; Ikpeazu; West; Carroll; Betsy; Ryan.

Formation: 11.

How can you leave out Devine?

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub Fear not - he's on the bench, in case we need to go more attacking. Him, Tyson and Kashket.

Otherwise, it's Stockdale, Cousins, McCarthy, Evans and Williamson, for when we get to 14-nil and need to shut up shop.

• sorry, @mooneyman Devine is out with "an unusual injury for a footballer", at present.

• @our_frank said:
    team for Saturday: Worley; Guppy; Beavon; Scott; Regis; Akinfenwa; Ikpeazu; West; Carroll; Betsy; Ryan.

I'd have Ashford and Searle in for Betsy and Ryan.

• edited May 2021

Exciting line-up, shame about the bench (not sure where @our_frank has got his info from, but "LeagueOne.com" says: Davis, Holligan, Toll, Harris, Aylott, Boyland, Lambert, Holloway, Styche).

Unfortunate that Garner's injured.

• Surely Andy Graham is a must after the double digit win against Windsor. We need someone with experience of these big wins

• @our_frank said:
    @TheAndyGrahamFanClub Fear not - he's on the bench, in case we need to go more attacking. Him, Tyson and Kashket.

Otherwise, it's Stockdale, Cousins, McCarthy, Evans and Williamson, for when we get to 14-nil and need to shut up shop.

14 nil is often the most difficult lead to keep, don't want to do it to early

• I always prefer winning 16-3 to 13-0 anyway. Fans like high scoring games rather than negative, defensive play.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@our_frank said:

Dropping Horseman is controversial. I would play him as the centre of a 0-0-0-10-1 formation if we really want to make a go of this

The question remains for all but the most loyal Garethistas why this formation was not used earlier in the season when we had a chance of staying up??

• Just realized it is a 12:30pm kickoff. Oh joy (that's 5:30am here). Worth it for the 13 goals, though.

• Just seen this posted on the Borough forum

"Just how many goals will Wycombe score, we all know NW likes Gareth Ainsworh?

Could our goal difference go into the minus?"

• @our_frank said:

Bas Savage must have pissed on your chips to not get a starting berth

• Could you imagine going down on goal difference and thinking about all those many draws we couldn't quite nick a win, those awkward reffing decisions and that first 7 games experimental period.

It's positive for next season either way but it'd be one frustrating situation.

• @Malone said:
    Could you imagine going down on goal difference and thinking about all those many draws we couldn't quite nick a win, those awkward reffing decisions and that first 7 games experimental period.

The ONLY consolation is that we have "caught up" to going down on GD in that case. To still be in it and go down on the last day on GD would have been tragic.

• @Shev said:

@Malone said:
    Could you imagine going down on goal difference and thinking about all those many draws we couldn't quite nick a win, those awkward reffing decisions and that first 7 games experimental period.

The ONLY consolation is that we have "caught up" to going down on GD in that case. To still be in it and go down on the last day on GD would have been tragic.

@Shev said:

@Malone said:

That is true.
    Especially watching small screens on our own or at best in 2-3s!

• It would/will be pretty gut wrenching to only go down on GD tomorrow. However relegation is the outcome many of us had feared at the start of the season - even though we dared hope for something more. The first couple of months it looked like it might be all over by Christmas.
    Therefore, to have fought back to so nearly staying up after the first couple of months is an achievement to be proud of and we should rightly praise the entire team for taking it to the last day.
    Just imagine how you'd feel if we had picked up 6/7 points in those early games and then lost a couple more games at this end of the season to end up only dropping into the bottom 3 on the last day (as may happen to Derby).
    I think Rotherham will win to jump above Derby who will lose to Sheff Wed, sadly we'll finish bottom (which has been the one thing I hoped we could avoid).
    I know which run of form I'd rather be taking into the new season - and I predict us to finish above both Derby & Sheff Wed next year.

• Good post @Twizz. Most relegated teams also have terrible continuity, sacking their manager and being picked clean of the best of a bloated squad. We are lean and ready to go again with our fantastic manager.

• We only need three up front Garner Benson and Hedges

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    We only need three up front Garner Benson and Hedges

John's a special player.

• He might get a Lucky Strike.

• @mooneyman said:
    He might get a Lucky Strike.

Marlboro or Middlesbrough, our hopes are still likely to go up in smoke.