Skip to content

Match day thread: Bournemouth

Comments

• Don’t give a flying about posh although they will be smashed every week. I’m so looking forward to next season it’ll be the first time in quite a while I will recon our chances of at least the playoffs

• I think the midfielder/striker lads will have to battle for their places next season, Horgan alongside McCleary, Wheeler etc. and if they are up for that then they will stay. Everyone wants to start and Gaz will say, ‘Show me, in training and off the subs bench, why you should start’. I like Daryl Horgan and he could be great in League One.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Horgan in league 1 is an exciting prospect. He’s just not got going this year but quality does not disappear. McCleary has shown over the past few games what a player he is and how versatile too, I had assume he was an out and out winger.
    Roll on August I say.

With or without Horgan we're an exciting proposition next year.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Peterborough up via a dive penalty. Oh the irony

I thought we'd been on the end of some bad decisions this season but this takes first prize by a comfortable margin: https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12292706/soft-posh-pen-rewards-promotion

• @HCblue said:

@DJWYC14 said:

I thought we'd been on the end of some bad decisions this season but this takes first prize by a comfortable margin: https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12292706/soft-posh-pen-rewards-promotion

Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee donkey.

• @HCblue said:

@DJWYC14 said:

That’s so stupidly bad it’s funny.

• That is beautiful. They would almost certainly have gone up anyway but that should and probably will taint their promotion for months

• “Cheating to go up, awful club I hope they get stuffed every game and come straight back down”

• Wonder if it was the ref we had at Brentford.

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    “Cheating to go up, awful club I hope they get stuffed every game and come straight back down”

Oscar Wilde?

• @micra said:
    Wonder if it was the ref we had at Brentford.

No, it wasn't.

• @HCblue said:

@MorrisItal_ said:
    “Cheating to go up, awful club I hope they get stuffed every game and come straight back down”

Oscar Wilde?

Yes, Oscar hated Peterborough United f.c, a little known fact.
    Apparently the full quote was “I have nothing to declare but my genius and Peterborough are a bag of shite

• "The only thing worse than being talked about, is Peterborough United"

• Dreadful decision.
    But I'm not sure that's a dive as such.
    He goes for the hollywood skill, is off balance, falls over and doesn't even appeal.

Blame goes to the ref totally there.

• Thats easily the worst penalty decision I've ever seen

• Saddo that I am, I just decided to have a look on their forum, Jesus wept, the amount of people on there defending it, saying it was a definite penalty and shouting down the people who are saying it wasn't. Typical lines like "fuck em" and "it evens out all the shit ones we've had" and "don't care, we are promoted"

• I am pretty sure that their chairman with his profound sense of integrity and fair play will decline promotion until they earn it fairly.

• To be fair, I don't remember many of us agonising over Gareth's hand of God moment against Colchester all those years ago.

• Just watched Uche's goal (a few times). Grimmer's arms were in the air celebrating pretty much as the ball left his boot. An extraordinary finish and skill leading up to the shot.

• It does rather make a mockery of their 'sporting integrity' claims. I find it quite amusing that they've earned promotion in that way. I'm quite sure their fans don't care, but any claims that other teams cheated their way to promotion and a clip of Szmodics (who has previous) throwing himself to the floor is the only riposte needed.

• Hopefully they will come straight back down again with us going back in the opposite direction and we won’t have to play them for another year at least.

• @aloysius said:
    To be fair, I don't remember many of us agonising over Gareth's hand of God moment against Colchester all those years ago.

I don’t think any of us are have ever claimed WWFC play the game in a manner that is beyond reproach. Unlike some supporters of the World’s most honest sporting team.

• As an antidote to the sleaze surrounding the PBo promotion party go watch the post match interviews with Uche and Gareth.
    Is there a club, facing (almost) certain relegation, with a better positive attitude and sense of pride in their achievements?
    All credit to GA, Dobbo and the rest of the backroom staff for taking the fight to the last game of the season.
    And, who knows, the fat lady may be singing but she hasn't finished that final verse yet. Could there even now be a final sting in the tale of this most unusual of seasons.
    I'd hate to have to play PBo again next year, assuming a massive swing in goal difference, but if needs must I suppose I could be persuaded ...

• @Twizz said:
    As an antidote to the sleaze surrounding the PBo promotion party go watch the post match interviews with Uche and Gareth.
    Is there a club, facing (almost) certain relegation, with a better positive attitude and sense of pride in their achievements?
    All credit to GA, Dobbo and the rest of the backroom staff for taking the fight to the last game of the season.
    And, who knows, the fat lady may be singing but she hasn't finished that final verse yet. Could there even now be a final sting in the tale of this most unusual of seasons.
    I'd hate to have to play PBo again next year, assuming a massive swing in goal difference, but if needs must I suppose I could be persuaded ...

I was wondering what I’d done for a moment there...

• Thanks for heads up @twizz, really great couple of interviews.

If Gareth is winding down his time here (as i accept he might be) he's a pretty remarkable actor!

• Not sure these are the words of a man who's planning on going anywhere: “I can’t wait for the future of this football club. It’s really exciting. Wycombe aim to be back in the Championship at the end of next season, that’s what I want. That’s what I’ll be aiming for." (https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/phenomenal-wycombe-have-beaten-the-odds-by-taking-fight-to-last-day-ainsworth-1619889922000)

On the Preston rumours, I've never been particularly worried mainly because they want to appoint a head coach. Would he really trade the autonomy he has as manager here for a bigger job but with less control? Especially at a club with one of the smallest budgets in the Championship - considerably bigger than ours, but still. I think (touch wood) we've got many more years of Gaz yet.

• Woodgate said on a 'difficult pitch ' what do you think he meant.

• I think he's saying he'd expect a decent wad to be persuaded to leave.

• @woodlands That surprised me too.

I guess as we are relaying it in the summer we agree as well.

Previously players have complained about uneven bounce when the surface gets hard. Save the odd shower it’s been pretty dry here for weeks so it could have been cracking up.

I watched the match on my phone though so hard to tell really.

• It looked a bit bobbly to be fair, and the bounce at AP always seems to be higher than anywhere else, but I've seen far worse. Millwall's pitch looked much more difficult to play on.