Skip to content

Match day thread: Bournemouth

Comments

• Clearly the luck is that their player has 1) not hit the net from that close, and 2)good block that it was, it still hit the bar!

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Incredibly proud of this performance. Fantastic team display across the whole pitch today

Agree totally on this though.

• I cannot understand how Bournemouth haven’t had anyone booked yet. Especially that nasty little Noel Edmonds lookalike in midfield.

• Pretty dirty for a footballing side.

• @drcongo said:
    I cannot understand how Bournemouth haven’t had anyone booked yet. Especially that nasty little Noel Edmonds lookalike in midfield.

Reputation as being a "Nice passing" team?

• Must be about time for the Bournemouth intra-squad brawl.

• Muskwe has been incredible today. Sign him up.

• @drcongo said:
    Muskwe has been incredible today. Sign him up.

His best game in terms of all round performance

• Given we seemed doomed great performance from the team and if anyone is dismissive of the spirit GA and Dobbo have instilled... the effort put into.this game should speak volumes.

• Peterborough up via a dive penalty. Oh the irony

• Nothing but pride for these lads whatever happens this week. Long, Wilshire, Begovic etc, great win.

• Absolutely superb perforance. JJ at his best

• Fantastic all round performance from the squad today, so proud of our achievements this season and still not mathematically relegated going into the last game of the season

COYB

• Bittersweet - any one result goes differently and we are still in it.

• Extremely proud, though! What a team!

• That was the best performance of the season for me. The entire team were superb, but Muskwe gets MoM by miles - absolutely unplayable today.

• One of the all time best Wycombe results, not just this season.

• So so proud, what a team, what a club, absolutely unthinkable that we've taken it to the last game of the season

• Probably easy to say as the team is effectively playing with no pressure but they just looked like they are enjoying their football. There is no sniping at each other, there are laughs when they know they have got away with something, there are pats on the back when things go right, it's just a joy to watch. It would be so great to see at least 2 of the 3 loanees back here next season as they continue to learn their trade at a happy workplace. A rare thing.

• The biggest positive for me today was that despite the regular changes to personnel during the match, the back three continued to look assured, in control, confident. It bodes well for next season and really hammers home the importance of the change in our formation - and in playing with a keeper who commands the box and comes off his line regularly.

It'll be interesting to see whether Gareth keeps this team next week or gives Bloomfield and Bayo (if fit) one last hurrah. I can see Mehmeti brought in and maybe even Horgan, who I just can't see staying with us given he can't even get on as a sub any more. Could Allsop be given one last match too as thanks for his contributions in the first half of the campaign?

• All to play for next week, no celebration selections for me

• What a superb result . I couldn't be more proud of this team. Also , Preston's caretaker manager has won 4, drawn 2 and only lost 1 in his games in charge. Hopefully making strong case for the job.

• @floyd said:
    Only the fourth game of the season I’ll not be able to watch. We’ve won the other three. Enjoy yourselves!

Strikes me if I’d missed every game this season we’d be going up. I’m with @shev. Today’s result is remarkable, but the closer we get the more bittersweet it becomes.

So proud of all these guys. What a team.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Peterborough up via a dive penalty. Oh the irony

Spot on. They complain about us cheating (???????) to go up, and then actually cheat to go up.

I hope Lincoln win the playoffs. Failing them, Blackpool.

• They'll struggle in the Championship. Ferguson will be sacked by Christmas; their fans are always on his back the moment a game goes against them.

• At least they have not one but two of their previous low points totals to shoot for.

And if they say "justice is done" any clip of thst penalty will make it ring hollow.

• edited May 2021

Great result, excellent goal by Uche.

The team we have right now is unquestionably championship standard, just a shame it took us a bit too long for players to get fit, and for us to settle into the championship (as well as being on the wrong end of some horrible decisions).

Admiral looked really lively today, I think him Knight and Dennis are all out of contract in the summer. If we can offer them deals we should try- if we keep the current team together we look competitive at championship level, I'd be very confident of a strong promotion push with those 3 in the squad at league 1 level, and only Knight is likely to have attracted attention from other clubs

• Where would Horgan go? I think we paid for him, so won't let him go free, and he's hardly set the world alight this season.

• Horgan in league 1 is an exciting prospect. He’s just not got going this year but quality does not disappear. McCleary has shown over the past few games what a player he is and how versatile too, I had assume he was an out and out winger.
    Roll on August I say.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Where would Horgan go? I think we paid for him, so won't let him go free, and he's hardly set the world alight this season.

He’s an Ireland international tho isn’t he? I’d imagine his agent will lead with that.