Skip to content

Virtual Tickets advice request

I’ve just renewed and for the first time chosen a virtual ticket, being computer illiterate could anyone advise how it works, do I show the receipt or is it an app?

Comments

• You will have a virtual card that you can use in your Apple wallet or google equivalent, and these will be sent to you closer to the season. The receipt at this time is just a confirmation!

• edited April 2021

@btg93 Many thanks

• Being old school (and having an appless phone)I went for the physical ticket.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Being old school (and having an appless phone)I went for the physical ticket.

Mrs ital told me to but left no instructions however it’s another piece of technology for me next a digital watch

• Also went for a physical card, still a bit paranoid of phone issues, for example if it runs out of charge you're done for! Still a fan of keeping hold of physical tickets where possible although they seem to being phased out

• Me too, don't trust my phone battery not to just conk out as I reach the front of the queue

• edited April 2021

@DJWYC14 said:
    Also went for a physical card, still a bit paranoid of phone issues, for example if it runs out of charge you're done for! Still a fan of keeping hold of physical tickets where possible although they seem to being phased out

Indeed...I'll hold out as long as I can! I suppose it will finally give them an idea how many luddite 'legacy' fans they've got to deal with and if they have our ages...how long for! :smile: (Although, if course, I can see the saving planet/cutting costs logic for just having a code)

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Also went for a physical card, still a bit paranoid of phone issues, for example if it runs out of charge you're done for! Still a fan of keeping hold of physical tickets where possible although they seem to being phased out

That was my worry but If you forget your card you can get in via the office I guess the same would happen if your phone died

• I doubt there would be any difference between forgetting your card or having a dead phone. I’m sure they’d sort you out.

Is there an option for both? I’m far more likely to forget a card than a phone but as I’m old school, I still like to own physical product.

• Just to clear up everyone, closer to the season every season ticket holder will have the option to "print at home" their season ticket as a backup, whether you purchased a card or not. If you turn up to AP and don't have either we can print a replacement paper ticket at the ticket office but you will have to queue for the privilege!

• Cheers @btg93. I’ll have a physical card then - all bases covered.

• I was going to suggest setting up a code tattooist at Adams Park to ensure everyone has their ticket on hand or arm...but of course that would only work for one season.

• Maybe you could have it printed on club merchandise. Shirt, bobble hat, club tie etc.

• I purchased the physical card but would think you probably have the virtual card as well so you then have covered all bases.

• @DJWYC14 said:

Exactly this.

Appreciate the climate of cutting down on plastic, but a card you hold for a year doesn't seem an essential step to lose.

• Assuming it’s got a bar code or QR code (assuming the scanners at the ground work) you can easily scan or photograph the card into your phone as a back up

• It must be a good thing but and it’s probably my age a little voice in my head is saying I never worried about the battery on my paper ticket book and I knew exactly what games were left and it was 100% biodegradable

• @arnos_grove said:
    I doubt there would be any difference between forgetting your card or having a dead phone. I’m sure they’d sort you out.

Is there an option for both? I’m far more likely to forget a card than a phone but as I’m old school, I still like to own physical product.

I managed to lose my season ticket between car and turnstile season before last. Sorted in 5 minutes before the game with a paper one and IIRC a new one waiting for me after the match.

• I’m slightly surprised they haven’t specified in slightly more detail what will happen if some or all STH can’t get in again.

Seems quite possible that we will have limited capacity. What happens if, for example, we sell 3000 seasons tickets but the capacity is limited to 25% for an extended period?

I’m assuming STH are going to get ifollow passes included as part of the package again so you’ll be given a ‘free’ pass to watch online. But it isn’t specified how many games would need to be affected before a refund were offered.

• @Glenactico said:
    I’m slightly surprised they haven’t specified in slightly more detail what will happen if some or all STH can’t get in again.

Seems quite possible that we will have limited capacity. What happens if, for example, we sell 3000 seasons tickets but the capacity is limited to 25% for an extended period?

I’m assuming STH are going to get ifollow passes included as part of the package again so you’ll be given a ‘free’ pass to watch online. But it isn’t specified how many games would need to be affected before a refund were offered.

They have given the priority order, which would probably answer your 25% question.

Did we sell about 2,400 last season? That alone is our 25%, even fewer when you prioritise those who let the club keep their money.

I'm very interested in what happens with televising of games all in.
    Fans have got used to every game being on tv now, so it'll be a big move to take a backwards step and take go back to the 4 a week in the Premier league, and very few lower down.

• To be honest I would imagine our club has made more plans for such eventualities than our government.

• @Glenactico said:
    I’m slightly surprised they haven’t specified in slightly more detail what will happen if some or all STH can’t get in again.

It's in the terms and conditions...

4.4 Where a Match is required to be played Behind Closed Doors, for whatever reason, through national jurisdiction or enforced by the English Football League, FA, UEFA or FIFA, you will be offered access to a streaming pass controlled by the English Football League so long as the Match is not being shown on TV and you may request a pro rata in replace of this should you prefer.

• Not bad going six hundred ST sales in the first day whereas it was 500 last year

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    Not bad going six hundred ST sales in the first day whereas it was 500 last year

The monthly scheme will have helped, and people are desperate to go back and can see it realistically happening this time, but yes v impressive.

• @Vital said:

@Glenactico said:

It's in the terms and conditions...

4.4 Where a Match is required to be played Behind Closed Doors, for whatever reason, through national jurisdiction or enforced by the English Football League, FA, UEFA or FIFA, you will be offered access to a streaming pass controlled by the English Football League so long as the Match is not being shown on TV and you may request a pro rata in replace of this should you prefer.

Fair enough. I stand corrected. Hadn’t seen that online but it seems a sensible approach.

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    Not bad going six hundred ST sales in the first day whereas it was 500 last year

Very strong indeed, after a season of getting in to 2 games, and being relegated!

• My concern is that despite the Couhig's promising a best in class ticketing system, the website is not secure, even though it is asking for card details. Not a trivial complaint in my opinion.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    My concern is that despite the Couhig's promising a best in class ticketing system, the website is not secure, even though it is asking for card details. Not a trivial complaint in my opinion.

How so? Certificate looks fine.