Skip to content

Match day thread: Cardiff

Comments

• Third bird in a row - at least this one is heading in the same direction as our swan.

• Quick question. Is the little red trim the owners not letting go of the ill fated colour change or has it always been there and a nod to Wales and the red dragon?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Quick question. Is the little red trim the owners not letting go of the ill fated colour change or has it always been there and a nod to Wales and the red dragon?

Yes, all leftovers from the mad red period. Seems they used to change it quite frequently anyway https://logos.fandom.com/wiki/Cardiff_City

• Whilst the red dragon seems to have appeared on and off just look at that full red one and how their own logo just gets bounced to a tiny bit in the corner. Awful.

• Of course, you are as likely to see a red dragon in this country as a bluebird, bluebirds being native to North America.

• Perhaps the bluebird is taking flight from a wing waving upbeat swan.

• Same starting 11 as Wednesday. Bayo injured, Taff takes his place on the bench.

• Shame Bayo misses out, but that would have been one heck of a high to beat.
    Hopefully we're still in the mix if he's back for the next game.

• Nice comments from Mick McCarthy regarding our win on Tuesday:

They were brilliant on Wednesday night. Bristol [City] were better in the first half.

They probably could have packed it up but they came out second half and it was a rip-roaring performance.

Normally I’d have left 10 minutes before the end but I stayed there and enjoyed every second of it.

I thought they were brilliant and I was delighted for them. Gareth [Ainsworth] has done a great job for them.

They are a mirror image of him, when he was playing.

• What has happened to Kashket? Know it doesn't mean anything, but Taf (along with Gape and Ofoborh) were listed as injured in the preview and yet he makes the bench, but no mention of any injury to Kashket. Hopefully it's just an oversight rather than him falling completely out of favour.

• We must have had someone's absence being questioned every single week this season.

Feels a long way since the days where at best we could fill the bench and at worst have 4 subs including a 40+ year old keeper.

• Love the idea of an oversight GA: ‘blimey Dobbo, completely forgot about Scotty.’

• After the final whistle against Bristol City, Kashket was on the pitch celebrating with the rest of the players. He must injured. Strange that there has been no comment regarding that, especially since the club confirmed that Bayo was missing today through injury.

• Scott has a chronic hip condition doesn’t he?

• I’m saying nothing about wind!

• Anyone else have a black screen on I follow?

• Got my best ifollow stream in a great deal of weeks now.
    Even the windiness/voice issues aren't bringing me down :)

• @Manboobs said:
    Anyone else have a black screen on I follow?

Took 15mins of rebooting/F5-ing/Thrashing the play button to get in. But finally in well before kick off.

• Please don’t keep showing that Cardiff chance.

• Early goal for Barnsley against Rotherham

• All sorted picture is decent today and Phil on the phone somehow adds to the “we never give up” ethos

• Though its nice to have three players on the left hand side might be handy for Uche to be in the middle for crosses at some point.

• This ref is as hopeless as I remember.

• Oh no.

• Expected a slow start after Wednesday. Need to get on with it now tho.

• Fred just watches their man stroll past him to score there.

Oh well, just need another magnificent comeback.

It might be underway as my ifollow has just buffered for 2mins

• Ahh Uche could have played Muskwe in there surely.

• Surely that should have been red forNelson

• Muskwe has been quiet. Goal incoming?

• Was untidy, with a number of hacks and a bot if a kick, but not quite enough for me.
    Unfortunately. We need a huge break in our favour. And soon.