Skip to content

Charity Predictions - Bristol and Cardiff

Comments

• Pretty sure it was my 2-1 win prediction every week that did it @eric_plant

• Will be great to have you back

• After 'saving football' with one (unpublished) text to the bbc, I have to stay optimistic.

It occurs to me that four wins for us and three draws for Derby will let us overtake them once we have overcome a deficit of 14 between the goal differences. Not that Derby have been producing many draws recently.

So I go Wycombe 4 (Jacobson, Muskwe, Ikpeazu, Akinfenwa) Bristol City 1

• Feck it, suns out, bit more optimism. 1-1 still muskwe

• 1-1 for tonight’s game that is

• I'm too late I believe.... Bollocks. ? But just for fun. Wycombe 2-1 city. Muskwe and.... Adenrian

• And I assumed it was a 7.45 ko.... So I'm well late to the party ?????? and 1-0 down.... My prediction could still right though

• @Twizz said:
    Oh yes, @DevC, please continue next season. I have so much room for improvement, it would be criminal to stop now.

Wycombe 2 (Uche, Bayo) v Bristol 1
    Cardiff 2 v Wycombe 2 (Bayo, JJ)

I knew I just had to keep my nerve ...

• @Wendoverman said:
    I can spare a charitable tenner for you.next season @devc.
    Wycombe 2 - 1 Not the Rovers
    Cardiff 1 - Wycombe 1

Bloody hell so.long ago i forgot i predicted it as well!

• Big change in the Goalscorers Competition Table as The Big Man scores.

This was the sort of thing that I thought might happen when at the beginning of the season I contemplated a replacement for the attendance prediction games. I should have predicted that it would be a season of two halves with an absolute scarcity of goals in the first half and then ....

Many congratulations to @a40 and @Twizz who not only got the score right but also both the goalscorers and scored the absolute maximum of 25 points that turned out to be available for this game. [Akinfenwa - 5 points + 3 for his first goal and 2 for scoring as a sub = 10, Ikpeazu - 5 points, plus 10 for having all the Wycombe scorers correct]
    Good predicting by @mooneyman, @bigred87. @Forest_Blue, @Erroll_Sims and @our_frank who all had Uche Ikpeazu down to score. 5 points for each of those.
    I take 13 points, both scorers but minus 2 for predicting 4 goals and we unfortunately only got two

@a40 takes the top of the table with 3 games to go and, as has been proved, 18 points is not an unassailable lead.

Will we have a hero at Cardiff, and if so, who will it be?

Previous position Current Position Forecaster Total Points Points this change
    3 1 @A40 79 25
    2 2 @Errol_Sims 61 5
    1 3 @MindlessDrugsHoover 59
    4 4 @micra 54
    9 5 @railwaysteve 53 13
    5 6 @mooneyman 50 5
    6 7 @DevC 44
    7 8 @StrongestTeam 43
    8 9 @SmiroludyBlue 41
    13 10 @our_frank 35 5
    14 11 @ForestBlue 34 5
    10 12 @ForeverBlue 33
    11 13 @carrickblue 32
    12 14 @Chris 32
    23 15 @twizz 31 25
    17 16 @bigred87 25 5
    15 17 @Commoner 23
    16 18 @bookertease 22
    18 19 @HolmerBlue 18
    19 20 @LX1 16
    20 21 @Alexo 12
    21 22 @wwfcblue 12
    22 23 @drcongo 10
    24 24 @Manboobs 5
    25 25 @OnOurWay 0
  • Setting the romance aside for a moment, will the Goalscorers Competition Table Disciplinary Commission be looking into allegations of texts between @a40 @Twizz and Captain Joe asking him to fix it for Bayo to take the penalty? "Faint aroma of sleaze."

• Oh s**t, I'd better delete my text history double quick.

• @our_frank said:
    Setting the romance aside for a moment, will the Goalscorers Competition Table Disciplinary Commission be looking into allegations of texts between @a40 @Twizz and Captain Joe asking him to fix it for Bayo to take the penalty? "Faint aroma of sleaze."

I am on it straightaway.

I hope it is not too political to say that @Twizz's posting above indicates that he is definitely one of us.

Official Goalscorers Competition Table Disciplinary Commission Findings (in full)

I can state absolutely and categorically that it was Bayo that decided that he was going to take the penalty and JJ, as captain, was purely there in an advisory capacity.

• I think I've been predicting Bayo to score for a number of weeks now - law or averages said I'd be right eventually. It actually was, in my view, likely that if we had a penalty and he was on the pitch but didn't have a goal then JJ might defer to him.
    I just didn't think the circumstance would be quite so dramatic as last night.

• Meanwhile, I'd like to revise my prediction for Saturday - I'm on a winning roll so ...

Cardiff 2 v Wycombe 3 (Bayo, JJ, Wheeler)

• Oh my giddy aunt! I'll get a nosebleed up there.
    In all honesty I wanted JJ to take the pen as I thought we would be dashed by another cruel twist of fate if Bayo took it. Shame on me for doubting the big man.

• I was nervous for the big man thinking...what if he misses, how will he feel? No worries

• I think a few weeks ago @bluntphil said something like if we get a pen when Bayo is on the pitch l would not.like to be the one trying to get the ball off him!?

• Change of score.
    Cardiff 0-3 Wycombe (Muskwe, McCleary, JJ)

• Cardiff 1 (JJ og) Wycombe 2 (JJ corner, Uche)

• Cardiff 2 Wycombe 2 (Fred, McCarthy)

• 2050 on Wednesday. Thought process down in Devon.
    Hit it Stocko
    Oh for fecks sake
    Wait handball
    HANDBALL!!!!!
    YEESSSSSSSSS
    ooh wait, I predicted 1-1, if Bayo scores thats my chance of winning the prediction contest gone.
    feck that,
    YEESSSSS GET INNNNNN BAAAAYYYYYYOOOOOOOOO
    plays with your head this comp....

Anyway, correct score for @bigred87 making it very much a two horse race. As for the rest of us, well down to the glue factory for us all. We're done. Well done though to the others who landed the correct score -you know who you are.

Oh for those interested in the underdog stat, there was a late run of cash for BC and when I checked Betfair just before kick off they had moved to very slight favourites. So that stat remains - we have been underdogs in every league game this season.

Up the chairboys.....

Pos Team Season Week Movemnt
    1 Betfair 79 -2 0
    2 Mindlessdrughoover 76 -2 0
    3 Big Red 69 6 0
    4 DevC 57 -1 0
    5 Our Frank 47 4 1
    6 Chris 41 -3 -1
    7 LX 39 -1 0
    8 Wendover 36 6 3
    9 Micra 31 6 -1
    10 Forest Blue 27 4 -1
    11 Holmer Blue 27 6 -1
    12 Mooneyman 15 -1 0
    13 Alexo 13 0 1
    14 Smiroludyblue 12 6 6
    15 Bookertease 9 -3 -2
    16 Twizz 9 6 1
    17 Carrick Blue 7 -3 -2
    18 Manboobs 5 0 -2
    19 Forever Blue -1 0 0
    20 Dr Congo -4 -3 -2
    21 Errol Sims -16 6 1
    22 A40 -16 6 1
    23 Commoner -22 6 -2
    24 Strongest -52 6 0
    25 Railway Steve -63 2 0
    26 Ryan's Daughter -63 0 0
  • Predicting a 3-0 defeat worked until Luton and Swansea. Forgetting to predict has us back on track. I offer no prediction for Cardiff. In fact I wasn’t even here.

• Thanks to Bayo I am pushing for the play-offs. Having said that I hope my 1-1 prediction for Saturday is wrong in all the right ways.

• Cardiff 1-4 Wycombe because, well, why the f not!!!! ?
    Uche,Fred, Jacobsen x2

• It’s the real world. It ends now.
    CRdiff 3 Wyc 1 - uche

• Cardiff 0 - Wycombe 1 (Wheeler)

• Cardiff 1 - 1 Wycombe (Ikpeazu)

• Cardiff 1 Wycombe 2 Uche & Wheeler

• Cardiff 3 Wycombe 0