Skip to content

Charity Predictions - Bristol and Cardiff

Just four games left now.
congrats to @A40 for a correct score.
In the league though @MindlessDrugHoover has cemented his lead and now has at least one hand on the winning trophy.

Could I ask for a little feedback this week. Do you want this comp to operate again next season? Thanks.

Pos Team Season Week Movemnt
1 Betfair 81 -1 0
2 Mindlessdrughoover 78 6 0
3 Big Red 63 -2 0
4 DevC 58 -2 0
5 Chris 44 -5 0
6 Our Frank 43 -2 0
7 LX 40 -1 0
8 Micra 25 -2 0
9 Forest Blue 23 -1 0
10 Holmer Blue 21 -3 0
11 Wendover 30 6 0
12 Mooneyman 16 -3 0
13 Bookertease 12 -4 0
14 Alexo 13 -1 0
15 Carrick Blue 10 -2 0
16 Manboobs 5 -3 0
17 Twizz 3 -1 0
18 Dr Congo -1 -2 0
19 Forever Blue -1 -1 0
20 Smiroludyblue 6 6 0
21 Commoner -28 -1 0
22 Errol Sims -22 6 0
23 A40 -22 9 0
24 Strongest -58 -1 0
25 Railway Steve -65 -2 0
26 Ryan's Daughter -63 0 0

Comments

• I can spare a charitable tenner for you.next season @devc.
    Wycombe 2 - 1 Not the Rovers
    Cardiff 1 - Wycombe 1

• I really appreciate the time and effort you put into it @DevC so yes, I’d like it to continue

And

Wycombe 1 Bristol City 3

• Yes, I'd love it to continue, but just myself and Betfair allowed in, as the big hitters in the league.

• Oh, and

Wycombe 1 Bristol C 2 (Stewart)
    Cardiff 1 Wycombe 1 (Uche)

• Wycombe 2 (Uche, Fred) Robins 2

Yes I would like it to continue, subject to me not being invited into a Super League!

• Wycombe 2 Bristol 1 Admiral & JJ

• I have been invited to the Gasroom Super Prediction League™ but until I'm thrown out of this one as treacherous scum...

Wycombe 0 - 2 Brizzle
    Cardiff 2 - 0 Wycombe

• Firstly please do run this again it adds some extra fun to the season and more importantly raises much needed funds for some cracking local charities.

Secondly

Wycombe 2 Bristol C 1 (Uche, Admiral)
    Cardiff 0 Wycombe 1 (JJ)

• Agreed I would like it to go ahead again next season, and all the effort you put into running it is much appreciated.

Wycombe 0 - 2 Bristol City

• Yes, count me in please @DevC. Thanks for all your efforts.

Meanwhile,
    Wycombe 2 (Ad* & Mehmessi) Robins 1
    Cardiff 2 Wycombe 2 (Uche & Fred)
    *Admiral

• @bookertease said:
    I really appreciate the time and effort you put into it @DevC so yes, I’d like it to continue

And

Wycombe 1 Bristol City 3

Sorry Stewart as our scorer

• That’s an unfair nickname @bookertease.

• Good point

• Wycombe 2-1 Bristol City (Ikpeazu, Horgan)
    Cardiff 1-2 wycombe (JJ, Bayo)

• It’s been a lot of fun, please organise again if you can.

Wycombe 1 (Ikpeazu) - Bristol City 0
    Cardiff 1 - Wycombe 1 (McCleary)

• Wycombe 2-1 Bristol City (Muskwe, Grimmer)
    Cardiff 1-1 Wycombe (Bayo)

• Wycombe Wanderers 3 (Jacobson, Ikpeazu, Mehmeti) vs Bristol City 2 (Diedhou, Doherty (T.))

Despite being overlooked for the arbitrary Gasroom Super Prediction League™ in favour of @drcongo just because of his legions of South East Asian fans, I'm not bitter. I'd like to go again next season, please @DevC and @railwaysteve . I'm very grateful for your efforts and keen to contribute to WHC again.

• Oh yes, @DevC, please continue next season. I have so much room for improvement, it would be criminal to stop now.

Wycombe 2 (Uche, Bayo) v Bristol 1
    Cardiff 2 v Wycombe 2 (Bayo, JJ)

• Yes @DevC I'd like to join again next season.... thanks for organising it.

• Absolutely to continue but think there should be more penalty points for predicting Wycombe losses or smaller points awarded for Wycombe defeats so the truly optimistic amongst us can continue to blindly predict Wycombe wins and draws...

• Oi @Commoner. Leave us miserable pessimists alone. I hope to be bottom 3 next season without any points deductions

• Wycombe 2 Bristol City 1(Ikpeazu & Akinfenwa)

• Thanks guys your support is much appreciated. All being well I will run again next season in broadly similar format.

As for todays game, interesting (well ish) snippet. Today is the first game this season when betfair has us as favourites. Every game the market has predicted a defeat. Me? I'm a pessimist Wyc1 BC 2 Muskwe.

• I'd like this competition to continue next season too. Appreciate the time and effort you put into this Dev to raise the money (and it's fun!)

Wycombe 2 - Bristol City 1 (Mehmeti, Muskwe)
    Cardiff 1 - Wycombe 1 (JJ)

For me please.

• Wycombe 0-0 Bristol City

Happy to be involved next season thanks.

Do you know what the line was against Rotherham (H) on the first day?

• @DevC were we not favourites to beat Rotherham on the opening day of the season?

That's some fact if it's true though. 44 games in and the bookies finally make us favourites

• @eric_plant said:
    @DevC were we not favourites to beat Rotherham on the opening day of the season?

That's some fact if it's true though. 44 games in and the bookies finally make us favourites

Note the first show after Saturday's game had City as slight 'favourites' but the market has moved towards Wycombe since.

• To be fair I can only vouch for league games but I imagine we were underdogs for cup games too.

Rotherham were favourites for opening game I am afraid. (I dont keep record of how much by), so yes we have been underdogs on Betfair at least every game - until now.

Any chance of getting you back in the predicting fold for next season @eric_plant? You would be very welcome.

• Well who are we to argue when the bookies finally swing behind us.

Wycombe 2 (Muskwe, Fred) BrizzleCity 1 (The ghost of Mickey Bells tribunal fee)

• Yeah I'll join in next season Dev, it's a great charity.

My ploy of predicting us to lose every game 3-0 last season worked perfectly until someone pointed it out before one game and broke the spell.

Were it not for that we'd have walked the league