Skip to content

Adams Park Covid-19 Vaccination Centre

13»

Comments

• Am I correct @MorrisItal_ that you are a reincarnation of @Morris_Ital ? I’m easily confused!

• @micra said:
    Am I correct @MorrisItal_ that you are a reincarnation of @Morris_Ital ? I’m easily confused!

Yes just as the Ital was the reincarnation of the Marina, I too have had a bit of a restyle and a new front end but I’m basically the the same poster.
    Truth be told I couldn’t get the Morris_Ital to work so I had to change it

• This one has go-faster-stripes though.

• A quick update. My wife and I had our second (AstraZeneca) jab this morning.
    There seemed to be more people there than on 22 January and, when we left, just before 9.30, the queue of incoming cars stretched back to the mini-roundabout at the end of Hillbottom Road. The operation did seem slightly less slick than when we had the first jab (22 January) and I wondered if the actual procedure was being slowed down by people seeking clarification/reassurance on the subject of the much publicised blood clotting issue.

Talking of “stretched” (the queue of cars), I had to smile when I read in the BFP that Dominic Gape had been stretched off the pitch in the game against Blackburn. Perhaps he’ll return as a central defender.

• Funnily enough I took my wife for her second jab this morning up here it did seem slightly slower than the first two times. There were certainly more cars than previously so either they are booking more appointments or it is taking longer to get people through. Nothing too dramatic. 10 minutes instead of 5.

But good to see they have included the issue of blood clotting on the handout info

• They've stopped jabbing at Aylesbury College and moved it all to the Guttman I think...so perhaps fewer locations are increasing numbers at each place?.

• Interesting @bookertease. Must read the handout sheet! Doesn’t necessarily undermine the theory that people might have been seeking verbal reassurance as I suspect I am far from alone in not having read the information sheet at the time but the sheer volume of traffic does suggest that the Adams Park centre might have been lining up more people. Also, they had a second room open today (in addition to the Caledonian Suite) for people from another surgery.

I’d be interested to hear from anyone who had a mid-morning appointment whether all was going smoothly at that time.

Let’s hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow afternoon.

• The info from the Bourne End and Wooburn Surgery is that they completed 2,100 vaccinations yesterday. I recall there being an announcement a while back when they reached a then record of 1,400, so the numbers have increased dramatically. That would account for the weight of traffic. In view of that increase, the small delays are completely understandable.
    Congratulations to all involved.

• That figure (2100) would be for the Adams Park Centre as a whole of course but what an incredible achievement. Let’s hope that another record will be broken this afternoon.

Many thanks @Thicketblue for posting that information.

• Back there today for my 2nd Pfizer - another smooth operation, and although I had to join a queue this time, it was well managed and was back out again 30 mins after my appt time (including the 15mins post-jab sit down).

• My mum said Lionel Ritchie was playing live all day when she had hers

• I think you'll find, @LX1, he was playing All (K)night Long ...

• @adamspark said:
    Back there today for my 2nd Pfizer - another smooth operation, and although I had to join a queue this time, it was well managed and was back out again 30 mins after my appt time (including the 15mins post-jab sit down).

Took a couple of relatives along early doors.

Fair play to the volunteers. Must be utterly relentless all day keeping so cheery and organised.

• Apologies @Twizz - hit wrong thumb. These things are important.