Skip to content

Col U may be slipping into administration

2»

Comments

• I think it’s a combination of the grants, loans and the furlough scheme but as @Chris says there will be a price to pay down the line.
    RC tells us that club has never been in a better financial position, if Rob would be so kind I’d be interested to see the figures and compare them any based on a hypothetical season where we stayed in league one.

• @Commoner said:
    As much as I'd love to see Col U go down, I do not want to see any club (except one not too far from us) ever go out of business.
    I'm amazed how many have survived this long given the pandemic. Last April / May several journalists were reporting up to 15 clubs could go bust. I suspect the loans this season may have papered over the cracks, maybe we will see the problems over the summer and into next season.

Expect to see much smaller squads next season. Certainly in League 2.
    PFA stopping minimum squad sizes I don't think will have any effect. Clubs will size squads to suit budget. Expect to see many more benches not too full compliment.

The other thing I believe that is being overlooked in this is are crowds going to come back pouring through the gates especially at clubs such as ours where they have a high proportion of 'older' fans.
    Again this will effect the bottom two leagues (and non-league) much more than the top 2 leagues

• Rest assured @Guppys_Left_Leg; the 'older' generation seem to have little difficulty in pouring back into the beer gardens of this fair (and freezing cold) isle (well the English part of it anyway), so I'm not sure we will lose that many to concerns about infections. Concerns about the cost of tikcets however....

• Assuming we dont have a relapse before August, will be interesting to see what attendances are like next season. Huge pent up demand like after WW2 or people got out of the habit and found other things to do? @railwaysteve 's prediction game will be pretty hard next season I think.

• @Guppys_Left_Leg said:

@Commoner said:
    As much as I'd love to see Col U go down, I do not want to see any club (except one not too far from us) ever go out of business.
    I'm amazed how many have survived this long given the pandemic. Last April / May several journalists were reporting up to 15 clubs could go bust. I suspect the loans this season may have papered over the cracks, maybe we will see the problems over the summer and into next season.

Expect to see much smaller squads next season. Certainly in League 2.
    PFA stopping minimum squad sizes I don't think will have any effect. Clubs will size squads to suit budget. Expect to see many more benches not too full compliment.

The other thing I believe that is being overlooked in this is are crowds going to come back pouring through the gates especially at clubs such as ours where they have a high proportion of 'older' fans.
    Again this will effect the bottom two leagues (and non-league) much more than the top 2 leagues

The market can stay irrational longer than you think.

One chairman who's overspent for years will just sell it to another chairman who is willing to take on the debt and overspend some more.

Eventually this insane bubble will pop entirely, but the rich have actually got richer during the pandemic, so it wouldn't surprise me if the 1% throw even more money at football in 2022.

• @bookertease said:
    Rest assured @Guppys_Left_Leg; the 'older' generation seem to have little difficulty in pouring back into the beer gardens of this fair (and freezing cold) isle (well the English part of it anyway), so I'm not sure we will lose that many to concerns about infections. Concerns about the cost of tikcets however....

Interesting you mention ticket prices as it reminded me wycombe season tickets were being launched "imminently" but that was weeks back now.

Wonder if they're waiting for dare i say, relegation to be confirmed?