Skip to content

The Impossible Dream

A good read this with one of our own featuring in an England call up two years before he joined us in the late 90's

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/extra/hfe5e1289y/The-Impossible-Dream

Comments

• edited April 2021

As Kevin Nolan is referred to a dozen or so times in the third person, I assume he authored the piece?

• I ploughed through about 100 pages but still hadn’t come across one of hours.

• Or even one of ours.

• spoiler alert

Dannie Bulman

• Shucks. I should have ploughed on. I’m sure it must have become riveting reading at that point.

I remember seeing Dannie Bulman on the treatment table about 20 years ago. I realised when I saw his piercing pale blue eyes why the players christened him “Spooky”.

• It’s not Bulman

• That’s a really good read...thanks for the link

• both the Dannies, Bulman and Senda get a mention. It was a good piece - cheers @wwfcblue

• Lee Canonville also played for the Wanderers on trial.

• Of course, i didn't want to "properly" spoil it...!

But yes, DB features for the "still playing in his 40s" thing, not the England call-up.

• @wwfcblue said:
    It’s not Bulman

What isn’t?

• Shame you didn't like the article Micra, I thought it was really interesting

• I guess I caught it at the wrong time @eric_plant. I had just waded through two dozen emails, mainly rubbish, and because I stubbornly refuse to buy an iPad, it is a real strain on the eyes to read such a lengthy piece on the tiny screen of an iPhone.

In the light of the complimentary comments by respected fellow Gasroomers in the meantime, I feel my snap reaction was ungracious. I apologise to @wwfcblue.