Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Literally the only point of that trophy is you might get a day out at Wembley as a fan

Amazing it's still being played when fans can't go

• See Preston thread for some interesting comments about Luke O’Nien as a centre back.

• Luke named man of the match too.

• Am I right in thinking Freeman can’t even make the Orient squad right now or is he injured. Anyone know?

• My theory is that Nick Freeman has been recalled in order to bring a bit of calm and composure (culture even) to a midfield which, with one notable exception, has tended to treat the ball as a hot potato. I am somewhat tongue in cheek of course.

• In case you missed it, there's a great piece on the Official site about Farrukh Quraishi- our first Iranian player, in 77-78. To my considerable shame, it also told me something that I'd never known - that John Reardon was manager for a while. Very BWK, I'm sure.

• Reece Styche scores with a penalty for Gibraltar away at Montenegro

• Lewwis Spence scored the opener for Hornchurch as they reached the FA Trophy final, beating Notts County on penalties after a 3-3 draw.

• Horgan didn’t appear for Ireland today, even though Ireland were absolute shit and their wingers were the worst players on the pitch.

• Sure you don't need another 'w' there @Ned_Ludd ?

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    Sure you don't need another 'w' there @Ned_Ludd ?

It seems you've forgotten the only memorable thing about Mr Spence.

• edited March 2021

@Malone no, I was jokingly enquiring of him whether he should have perhaps spelt it with 3 'w's.
    'Sure' as in 'are you sure', not 'surely'.
    Feeble attempt at humour, sorry :)

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    Sure you don't need another 'w' there @Ned_Ludd ?

My assumption is that he added the extra ‘w’ when he joined us...

• Nice one Nedd.

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    @Malone no, I was jokingly enquiring of him whether he should have perhaps spelt it with 3 'w's.
    'Sure' as in 'are you sure', not 'surely'.
    Feeble attempt at humour, sorry :)

I was just checking you hadn't done what id done ?
    And have to check, myself!

• Eze scores penalty for England U21s.

• At the age of 22yrs 9 months.

Funny old world...

• Paul Smyth scored a world for Accrington against Oxford United. Top lad!

• I did not realize Smyth had gone out on loan. Seems it's still hard for him to break into the QPR team.

• Would he be welcome back at Wycombe...I really liked him

• It’s his second spell at Accrington, I think.

• @Forest_Blue said:
    Would he be welcome back at Wycombe...I really liked him

It's a weird one for me. He and Horgan remind me of each other in that both are diminutive tricky wingers who never quite seem/seemed to fulfill their potential with us. Both seem like great chaps, though. I am still waiting for Horgan to go off on someone and score a sublime hattrick...

• Smyth was won of the loanees that I thought were going to rip it up for us when he signed. First game I settled back safe in the knowledge that at last we had a 20 goal forward in our squad. Then he broke his leg, then he barely came back.

• I agree, I was really excited about Smyth last year and a shame it didnt quite happen, can also see the similarities in Horgan

• Probably the biggest disappointment since Martin Bullock !!

• Josh Scowen with an own goal to give Charlton the lead against Sunderland.

• Nathan Tyson scores for Chesterfield.

• Mark Cooper sacked as FGR boss.

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    Mark Cooper sacked as FGR boss.

When did they get so big time that the manager who took them into the league has to go because they're only 6th in L2.

• Dale Vince their millionaire hippy owner has serious aspirations for the club, new sustainability ground, unique ‘green’ positioning in the market place. Cooper was lucky to have as long a run at it as he did. Fans wanted him gone a couple of seasons back. They are a club to watch and, frankly, a breath of fresh air as a club (pun intended ?).