Skip to content

Ringing The Blues

Comments

• 'When we score I like to shout in the face of a cardboard cut-out of Derek Adams that I take to matches with me...'

• Who said that @Wendoverman ? I’m completely out of touch.

• And don’t say Bob Dylan said that.

• edited March 2021

I'm preview of one of my matchday rituals for my interview on Ringing the Blues @micra
    (no social commentary, acoustic guitar or harmonica involved)

• Gotcha! No derogatory (?) references to Nobel Prize winning troubadour, please.

• edited March 2021

• The vandals took the handles apparently

• Now THERE’s a subject guaranteed to polarise the Gasroom (and any other gathering of people old enough to not say: “Bob who?”

• Cracking episode.

• Agreed...very positive interview with Gareth and David Wheeler

• Excellent interview with GA. Gave me confidence that even if we go down , he wants to be at the club to take us back up. Hopefully that will be the case.

• edited April 2021

Yo soy la ressurection!

• Nice bit of Camberwick Green in there and it also provoked me to dig out the I Believe in Miracles soundtrack LP to accompany my afternoon’s work.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Nice bit of Camberwick Green in there and it also provoked me to dig out the I Believe in Miracles soundtrack LP to accompany my afternoon’s work.

Whe're you from, you sexy thing?

• Every Gasroomer should listen to the Stocko interview, yet another who deserves the ‘we are lucky to have him’ epithet.

• As indeed we are lucky to have @bluntphil ?

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Every Gasroomer should listen to the Stocko interview, yet another who deserves the ‘we are lucky to have him’ epithet.

Excellent interview. Comes across as top guy and his form deserves another contract with us.

• Absolute treat that episode, Phil. Thanks very much.

• Another cracking episode @bluntphil

• Superb. I'm rather warming to Rob C's overhyping of everything. If it's not overhyping then I'm really looking forward to visiting the new "one of the best stadiums in the country" Adams Park.

• I t was a good episode - thanks, as ever @bluntphil

I was amused to hear that Rob's take on the Luton game included a reference to the "debatable" (I think that was the word he used) refereeing decision.

• edited April 2021

Gotta love Bobby C.
    One of the best facilities - has he ‘done the 92’ then?
    Still calling the pitch ‘the field’ - ya’ll can take the kid outta the boon docks but ya can’t take the......

• Great listening - Loved Stockdale's comments, The Couhig's Interview - Rob admitting being stuck on is own away from his family has got to him underline his commitment to the club. Gotta love too Rob's enthusiasm - WiFi and ordering of food from your seat a big bonus if it cuts down queuing...

• A welcome antidote to the Luton game ...and the grating (but excellent) earlier comments from Luton fans...doesn't it just make everyone want to be up here again in The Championship if only to wipe the smile off their faces sometime (soon!!!!)...still 5 games to go too so fingers crossed!! ...all in all a great podcast listen ...thanks Phil

• Haven’t listened to the podcast yet but the comments above make me keen to do so tomorrow. Meanwhile, a couple of queries. Is it not Pete Couhig @blue67 who has been stuck here on his own?
    Secondly (and maybe I’ll understand why tomorrow), I am intrigued by your reference to Luton fans’ comments as both grating and excellent.

• Absolutely fascinating listening.

Proof with the Stockdale interview that you cannot “see” a voice. (I believe there is a TV show based on the premise that you can.). The guy really bared his soul, too, showing an endearing modesty and vulnerability. As others have said, yet another important figure we are lucky to have at the club. He plays with a smile on his face and finished the interview with “keep smiling”.

The irrepressible positivity of the Couhigs and the fact that they seem unique in the world of football ownership is very reassuring for the immediate future.

Loved the reference by Rob Couhig to the “disputable” nature of the red card decision and I hope a formal appeal has been lodged and proves successful, especially as four of our regular back four players may otherwise be unavailable for what could be quite a tough challenge on Saturday!

Finally, first time I’ve heard @bluntphil referred to as Philip.

• Spot on, @micra

Can't wait to get back to the 'Theatre of Silly Little Dreams' in August.

• Thanks Micra - yes - should have read Pete! I think it's gone beyond the point I can edit it! Excellent referred to the research and vocal delivery of the remarks - as I think you have now listened to the podcast you will agree the actual comments and Luton in general being unbearable! (but you knew that anyway :) )