Skip to content

Match day thread: Rotherham

Comments

• A windmill giving birth?

• An unpleasant message for the Wycombe chairman?

• Rugby Union?

• Quick Monday quiz:

• What’s going on with the orientation of the letters?

The F and the C are at random angles compared with the R and the U.

If the windmill ever turned it would be a shambolic mess.

• 'Windy looks as his mill proudly. Nobody will make him change anything.'

• I like the shape of the shield

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    What’s going on with the orientation of the letters?

The F and the C are at random angles compared with the R and the U.

If the windmill ever turned it would be a shambolic mess.

I think it stands for " r u freaking kidding"

• Upside down ice cream cone.

“Lick my football”

• @Malone said:

I think it stands for " r u freaking kidding"

Bit of poetic license there @Malone (cidding). Might be their manager’s comment after the game, adding “losing to a team like Wycombe. We weren’t at the races today.”

• Shield shape and colour combo gives a vaguely fascist vibe - like the badge of some Axis Dutch SS division!

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Shield shape and colour combo gives a vaguely fascist vibe - like the badge of some Axis Dutch SS division!

I was going with an Errol Flynn vibe

• Just noticed the game is on ESPN+ in the US, so no iFollow for us.

• Worked once. Lets hope it can work again. Is Taff injured?

• Taf is injured I think.

Ofoborh seems to be completely out of favour. That loan move hasn't worked out how we and I'm sure he hoped. He did look completely off the pace in the few starts he's had.

• Good to see Giles Phillips back. Inclined to share @Chris’s discomfort about Anthony Stewart’s status though.

• Loans can make or break a season. Knight has been a triumph, the others haven’t made the impression we would all have hoped for (injuries has been a part of that). Some of the loans we have had over the past couple of years I’ve barely contained my joy when announced have turned into damp squibs (Rolando Aarons and Luke Bolton for example) again through injury.

• Adeniran is a weird one though. Brilliant every time he plays, keeps getting dropped.

• @drcongo said:
    Adeniran is a weird one though. Brilliant every time he plays, keeps getting dropped.

Brilliant every time he plays might be a bit of an exaggeration but our clubs lack of injury news might have changed some views on his absences. I like him as a player but he’s not quite as streetwise as Gape and Thompson. Got a chance to get himself a decent home for next season in these last eight games though

• It Muskwe love.

• Took 3mins wheel of death signing in, and we're 1-0 up wow!

• Could be a few goals here.

• How was that not offside?! Not complaining.

• YEEEEEEES! Almost a carbon copy of Kashket's goal there last season. Great assist from their centre back to ensure Muskwe wasn't offside.

• Come on! Come on.

• Uche looks a different player this week. Lots of lovely layoffs and playing with his head up.

• Celebrated that McCarthy goal unlike any goal we've scored for a few months! A 2-0 lead!!!

• First two goal lead in a league game this season?