Skip to content

Match day thread: Blackburn

Comments

• A date, the county rose, in a roundle, a Latin motto, strong colour combo. Proper badge that.

• 3 time English champions, 6 time Cup winners and founder members of the League. At Wycombe Wanderers in the league.

• Only good things to say about that badge.

• It is quality.

• @LX1 said:
    3 time English champions, 6 time Cup winners and founder members of the League. At Wycombe Wanderers in the league.

Chairboys vs Premier League Champions in a league match at AP. I for one will be celebrating this ‘first’.

• Presume Tafazolli is injured.Not even on the bench.

• Grimmer as a central defender? Mmmm.
    The Gape/Thompson axis was back to its best in the last game so that’s good. Only eight on the bench but four or five potential pairs of fresh legs to bring on at some point. Is Adam Armstrong playing?

• But, potentially, four or five pairs...,.

• Stewart on his way at the end of the season?

• I do wonder. Adam Armstrong not even on bench (unless my eyes are falling me again).

• Injured I believe.

• Interesting team selection bearing in mind at Yesterday’s press conference , Ainsworth said everyone was available apart from Obita.

• I thought I saw Alexander Armstrong was starting, but that would be pointless.

• @Chris said:
    Stewart on his way at the end of the season?

No reason for that is there? He's probably started 75% of our games this season minimum?
    @micra will have the exact stat to hand I'm sure.

• Heard a bit of Gareth over the ifollow footage and it sounds an ever so slight change from the we're definitely staying up approach.
    Talk of "being competitive in these last games" and being pleased not to end as the "worst championship" team.

Realistic, but I must have missed the start of the relegation party.

• He sounded a bit fed up didn’t he? But I guess he’s been asked the same half dozen questions all seasons.

• @Chris said:
    Stewart on his way at the end of the season?

I'm pretty hopeful most players will stay with a good chance of a possible second push for promotion next term.

• Interesting formation, we look very good in the opening 10 - Uche should have scored.

The pass from Knight to Fred to win the corner was sensational.

• Great start this.

• Anyone else getting a lot of buffering today?

• Poor old Dom Gape. What a nightmare for the kid.

• What happened to Gapey ? I froze and missed it ?

• Hard luck Dom

• I had to restart as well. Accident or foul?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Anyone else getting a lot of buffering today?

I changed the settings from automatic to a lesser definition and it's stopped buffering (or was totally coincidental).

• @floyd said:
    Poor old Dom Gape. What a nightmare for the kid.

An unbelievable stop start season for the guy with the red card and 3-4 injury setbacks.

• Good to see Adeniran back on the pitch though. He was so good when he came in, and then barely got near it for months seemingly.

• Two dodgy tackles from Holtby. We look like we're playing with no fear. Nice to see.

• Nice to see the experiment. It does show that we need a good passer in the middle. Too many times Curtis has got it, acted too slow, missed a good ball and we've lost momentum