Skip to content

A message from Rob

Dear Morris

First and most importantly, thank you for your support in this most unusual year. It has allowed us to navigate these strange times with confidence as we build a foundation for the future. I can say with confidence that despite the obvious economic issues that have been brought on by the pandemic, your club has never been in better shape financially. Our spending decisions whether on pitch or off have all been governed by the principle of creation of long term financial stability.

I know that this has not been the way we wanted to celebrate our first year in the Championship. Every time I saw one of our games on iFollow, my heart sank. I kept thinking about the great time we could have had entertaining new teams or teams not played recently as we watched our lads compete at the highest level in Club history. I have felt a bit better knowing it’s not a one off. In large part because of your support, I am confident that we will have many more opportunities to play at this level.

We are close to being able to launch the new season ticket packages, which will include an option to pay monthly for your season ticket. As we roll out the program, I hope you will see that we are continuing to do everything we can to deliver more value at a reasonable price.

Thank you again for your support.

Rob Couhig
Chairman

Nice to see the club will be offering a monthly payment option for fans it will be needed in the obviously tough times for some ahead

Comments

• Great idea.

• Do I detect that RC has now accepted that relegation is almost inevitable?

• also, weren't the media team forbidden from celebrating "firsts"?

• @adamspark said:
    Do I detect that RC has now accepted that relegation is almost inevitable?

Yes I read “more opportunities” as “other opportunities” to compete at this level

• @MorrisItal_ I had to check the time of your post. Had it been before noon I was about to congratulate you for an absolutely spot on April Fools pastiche of a Bobby C missive. It wasn’t was it, or was it?!

• @perfidious_albion said:
    @MorrisItal_ I had to check the time of your post. Had it been before noon I was about to congratulate you for an absolutely spot on April Fools pastiche of a Bobby C missive. It wasn’t was it, or was it?!

No it’s genuine, although I did redact it a bit. You have however given me an idea for next year.

• I got one as well...check yer inbox

• Told the missus I’d seen a badger on the patio. She bought it.

• Don’t ask me what she paid, smartass!

• @perfidious_albion said:
    @MorrisItal_ I had to check the time of your post. Had it been before noon I was about to congratulate you for an absolutely spot on April Fools pastiche of a Bobby C missive. It wasn’t was it, or was it?!

I too was fooled, partly because I’d always assumed that Morris’s username was just a quirky choice rather than his actual first name. In fact, the only example I could find of Morris being used as a first name was an actor called Morris Chestnut.
    An American actor.

Have to admit I thought the “fake” letter represented a step up in English style @Morris_Ital but I doubt whether you would have made the error in the last sentence of the third paragraph of Rob Couhig’s letter - an important paragraph insofar as it acknowledges the generosity of supporters who waived a refund for this season’s season ticket.

• I have to admit @micra ”Morris_Ital” is not my actual name, I changed the email to match my username.
    I also redacted the email removing the paragraph about waiving the refund because I wanted to highlight the changes in tone from Mr Couhig and not post something that may sound a little boastful .
    As for my English style my tutors always compared me to a young Thomas Hardy, or was it Oliver.

• Very Thomas Oliver.

• @micra said:
    Told the missus I’d seen a badger on the patio. She bought it.

Was it stuffed?

• Just don't go placing it on anyone

• @mooneyman said:

@micra said:
    Told the missus I’d seen a badger on the patio. She bought it.

Was it stuffed?

Not sure but it did seem to be walking in a rather strange way.