Skip to content

Ishan Kishan

2»

Comments

• And it is only held on the main Test grounds which freezes out many counties , such as Somerset, who have the largest crowds for their 20/20 matches. Their leading players will be picked up by the franchises whilst many up and coming talent will not be involved. How does that help and how do you become a fan of a team with no real local connection?

• I don’t think you can @wingnut. Be like being a neutral at a football match.

• @wingnut said:
    And it is only held on the main Test grounds which freezes out many counties , such as Somerset, who have the largest crowds for their 20/20 matches. Their leading players will be picked up by the franchises whilst many up and coming talent will not be involved. How does that help and how do you become a fan of a team with no real local connection?

Thing is The Hundred is far more about the spectacle than the competition. Thought that about the IPL since day one but it seems many Indian fans have found their teams. Not sure our cricket culture works in the same way so it will be interesting to see how it works

• If the scenes at the cricket stadium in Ahmedabad are a reflection of attitudes generally towards Covid safety in India it is little wonder that the Serum Institute now seems unlikely to be able to meet in full its commitment to supply the AstraZeneca vaccine to the UK. Worrying to those of us expecting our second jab in April.

• VAR it isn’t but the decision reviewing system in cricket also has its frustrations.
    I have just watched about a dozen replays of Adil Rashid catching the ball on the boundary with the fourth (?) umpire trying to decide whether the tip of his right heel might have “kissed” the foam boundary marker.

• Two incidents today that made me wonder if the 3rd Umpire is really neutral. That one and the Dawid Malan catch.

It was almost if he was trying as a "neutral" umpire to find any way he could to overturn the soft signal.

The reason I bring this up is the repeated not outs England have had in India for stumpings when the foot was clearly on the line and no part of the foot was behind the line. In all those cases the 3rd umpire gave it not out.

For the integrity of T20 in this stadium for the World Cup it would be good to see the side batting first win one of these last two matches, so there is less arguments about the match being decided on the toss of a coin.

• Thanks for that @Commoner. I regret to report that I have just got both Stokes and Morgan out, simply by switching on the TV to see how England were doing..

• I hear India have declared.

• Cracking start by England.

• @micra said:
    Cracking start by England.

That comment was three days ago. (I’ve forgotten how that game ended.) I was going to post something similar today but had an uneasy feeling about it when Bairstow was out. Could England snatch defeat from the jaws of victory ? You bet.

• Good use of the word 'snatch'

• That Thakur is a right..........

• ...-arm medium-fast bowler?

• .......rhymes with Thakur - took too many wickets for my liking! Incredible effort by Sam Curran to limit the margin of victory to seven runs. Almost felt like we’d won. A most engrossing match.