Skip to content

Match day thread: Barnsley

Comments

• Brilliant dive Scotty, well done son.

• We're certainly learning fast tonight.

Though I always fear for Kashket with those tiny shinpads on

• Macca should take this one.

• Gape and Thompson both put in a great shift again today.

• Blah.

• A soft red. Enjoyable to see Mowatt get pushed, turn around to square up, then realise it was Uche

• Is that Pete Couhig booing the subbed player haha

• Football really is such a cheaty sport.

• Love the boos from presumably Pete Couhig,

• Top screaming and rolling. Real championship quality from Kashket

• That's not a red.

Ref has embarrassed himself.

Hes literally only given it due to screwing us over on previous decisions. Oh and Kashket doing a good cheat with some unnecessary writhing around. It really does pay dividends.

• Think the ref has lost the plot tonight. In my opinion that’s not a red. You could argue it was 2 footed but no force behind the tackle and he catches the end of Scotty’s foot

• @prufrock_91 said:
    A soft red. Enjoyable to see Mowatt get pushed, turn around to square up, then realise it was Uche

Nearest the action he's got since that early corner defending.

• edited March 2021

It was definitely on the looser side of the "two footed" spectrum.
    But he did launch, which you can't do these days, and he did clatter into Kashket, irrespective of the milking it rolls after.

• Great cross but awful defending.

• First half combative but second half we’ve been dire and the referee shouldn’t distract us from that

• Anyone reckon we would score even if we played until midnight?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Anyone reckon we would score even if we played until midnight?

Only with a couple more reds.

• 44 minutes we were in it at least. Barnsley have been very good second half.

• Yes!!! We were wrong 1-3

Comeback is on.

• Guess I spoke too soon!

• Lovely finish from Uche

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Anyone reckon we would score even if we played until midnight?

You were saying?!

• @leo030500 said:
    First half combative but second half we’ve been dire and the referee shouldn’t distract us from that

Strongly agree. We’ve played zero football since Mehmeti went off. No ambition other than to hope we might spring someone with a long ball. Unaccountably, Barnsley seemed able to cope.

And then we score with some passing. I’ve enjoyed this game and respect Barnsley’s energy but we should never have been three down here.

• This is painfull. Cant defend cant score and we bypass the midfield with long balls. As I'm writing this we score. This sky commentator is pants.

• The biggest takeaway from this season is that refs in the championship are just as average, but the cheating is much more sophisticated.

• edited March 2021

If McCleary had screamed and fallen over there ~Eric~ the ref would definitely have given a pen.

• IFollow has been awful tonight. How often have they missed action with endless pointless replays

• The punch up this game deserves

• @drcongo said:
    If McCleary had screamed and fallen over there ~Eric~ the ref would definitely have given a pen.

This is all good stuff