Skip to content

Comments

• I bet he wouldn't have done that in the Co-op cheese aisle

• Knowing Ellison, he probably would.

I do like Ellison - proper wind-up merchant and panto villain as well as regular thorn in our side, but aside from the Beanie hair-pulling idiocy, seems to do stuff out of mischievousness rather than maliciousness.

• I think we had a thread debating the difference between your Ellison type pantomine villain, who is essentially harmless, and your Hylton, sinister character, cheating types.

• I think Ellison always displayed a degree of empathy with opposition fans and enjoyed a bitta banta.

• He was involved in that terrible dreads pulling incident on Beanie at the end of the game up at Morecambe a few seasons back which all kicked off.
    There was that footage of him bullying a young player on the team bus that went viral.
    Not a ‘pantomime villain’ (what ever that is) a thug and a nasty piece of work.

• Ah well, I must be reading the wrong references.

• Agree with @perfidious_albion - this incident just makes him look like a child instead of a professional.

• I know @Shev can you remember when we all booed Scotty K for celebrating a goal in front of the Orient bench? Disgraceful scenes.

• The behaviour must be taken in the context of who it is towards.
    Namely Adams, the only character to make Gareth lose his composure. That indiciates a serious wrongun.

• Two wrongun's don't necessarily make a right though.

• I can't find anything online about this viral bullying story.

• @drcongo said:
    I can't find anything online about this viral bullying story.

I thought I must have missed something...I remember the Beany hair pulling incident, but not bullying a young player.

• You'd think something viral would be easy to find.

• HOw are you keeping during lockdown @drcongo?

• Not gone viral I hope.

• @drcongo said:
    You'd think something viral would be easy to find.

It was a video of Ellison standing up in the aisle of the team bus mouthing off in some young player sitting in front. Ellison acting like he is billy big bollocks and getting his acolytes to join in laughing along, classic ‘top boy’ barrack room behaviour. It was on Twitter I think season before last.
    It is a shame that a player of his undoubted ability (that sublime lob goal at AP) just has to act like a twat, you see it most games he plays.

• Sorry I don’t know how to post the video but it’s on his Twitter account in a post dated 15/11/19. He blind sides the kid bashing his head against the side window from behind. His comment ‘just showing xxxxxx who is boss’ disgusting behaviour from the club senior pro.

• It would appear that there is very little reason to ‘start to like Kevin Ellison’ or to justify defending the views of one or two people who posted comments on here a few years ago suggesting that his antics were pretty harmless and that he generally responded with good humour to baiting from opposition fans.

• @micra said:
    It would appear that there is very little reason to ‘start to like Kevin Ellison’ or to justify defending the views of one or two people who posted comments on here a few years ago suggesting that his antics were pretty harmless and that he generally responded with good humour to baiting from opposition fans.

Best not to like anyone @micra saves time later on...

• Derek Adams comes out of this looking classier. And that’s really saying something.

• Had a sift through Ellison's twitter down to Jan 1 2020 and couldn't find this "Bullying" clip. Would have to see it to judge the context.

The unveiling of rage at Adams seems to be due to being thrown on the scrap heap after 9 years at Morecambe and making him train with the youth team.
    That's probably standard toxic manager behaviour to be honest, but I can see how he'd not be best pleased.

• @Malone said:
    Had a sift through Ellison's twitter down to Jan 1 2020 and couldn't find this "Bullying" clip. Would have to see it to judge the context.

You almost got there - it’s dated 15/11/19

• I have never met Ellison so cannot comment on his personality, but I was there when Adams referred to Wycombe as ‘a pub team.’