Skip to content

Match day thread: Preston

Comments

• Anis Mehmeti, what a player

• Why is @bluntphil talking about “next year “ ? August surely.

• Decent this, must think they have a chance based on our previous results against this lot.

• Great start. Mehmeti’s footwork - Albanian Messi in full effect

• Those couple of extra cameras make a big difference. Picture really sharp too. An excellent start here.

• @TheOldMan said:
    @Haytor06 - think the clue’s in the name. Joined the Gasroom in February 21. PNL (or other) supporting troll.

While I don't agree with his view on Kashket needing to start right now, it's a bit harsh to call him a troll for suggesting a team's highest scorer should start :)

• Not everyday you see a ref elbow a player in the head.

Guess some of our fans won't have bothered today but I'd probably just be wondering what the score was.

• I coined Mehmessi some time ago, acknowledged a this afternoon by @bluntphil. That’s a pint I owe him.

• Get in Taffs

• JJ to Taffs is already quite the connection!

• Yesss. (Got away with one though - Uche probably offside looking at the replays)

• @micra said:
    I coined Mehmessi some time ago, acknowledged a this afternoon by @bluntphil. That’s a pint I owe him.

Yeah I thought the "some fans" bit was a bit strong.

ONE fan.

• Uche is so fired up.

Tafa is a real threat from corners. Shame we've not been able to make more of that JJ/Taf set piece combo this season

• GET IN! Replays show a hint of offside with Ikpeazu unsighting the keeper, but that's the rub of the green we have just not been getting this season.

• We just got one back there... if that was against us we'd all be screaming for offside !

Who cares now... get in

• Can't believe Preston ignored Tafa getting on the end of about 6 different set pieces and didn't think to put a stronger aerial player on him!

• Best I've seen our ball carriers like horgan, mccleary play in ages too. Along with mehmeti, this is good to watch, and a nice balance to Uche's powerhouse play up top

• @Malone said:
    Can't believe Preston ignored Tafa getting on the end of about 6 different set pieces and didn't think to put a stronger aerial player on him!

I'm not sure I've ever been incensed about the opposition defending before,. Browne with the laziest ball out of play.

• I’ll call out Dom Gape here as he’s well up for it today. Getting through stacks of work with Curtis.

• Incensed? I thought it was great to see how flustered we’ve got them.

• "Uche is dumped on the deck, no mean feat." He has not seen many of our games!

• @micra said:
    Incensed? I thought it was great to see how flustered we’ve got them.

They're just a bit lazy and not v good to this point, great call out by Phil that every corner is going to Taff and he's being marked by someone not up to it. Long may it continue though.

• We're in danger of having the majority of possession here...

• 50/50 currently. A joy to watch.

• Andrew Howard etc get your finger out and sign Mehmeti for a nice long deal. He’s the real deal and these players don’t come along often

• Facetiousness aside, this is definitely an encouraging performance. The self-doubt and going through the motions of the last few games have been cast aside so far.

• We’re playing really well, 1-0 up, against a currently lacklustre team that may it stay that way indefinitely and will be playing into a strong wind in the second half. Why is Stockdale timewasting?

• @HCblue said:
    We’re playing really well, 1-0 up, against a currently lacklustre team that may it stay that way indefinitely and will be playing into a strong wind in the second half. Why is Stockdale timewasting?

may not stay that way