Skip to content

Match day thread: Preston

Comments

• Ahh another game.
    Up for it. Sort of.

• @Malone said:
    Ahh another game.
    Up for it. Sort of.

I feel rather the same. Will be watching and hoping for a decent game, something brilliant to savour in the moment and maybe, just maybe, three points. Expecting to lose.

As for their badge I like it a lot. Proper old school- the lamb of St Wilfred.

• A trippy sheep with a sword through its neck - old school 6/10

• One of the good things about supporting Wycombe is that in recent years there's always been something to play for until pretty much the end of the season. Although not yet confirmed, we all know what the outcome of this season will be, so it feels a bit weird watching each match, enjoying the good bits, but dreading the day when our fate is finally confirmed.

Unless of course... ?

• I never really thought that I’d complain about watching too many Wycombe games but to be honest I’ll be glad when the international break comes along

• It is that lingering flickering ember of hope that makes each and every game such an emotional rollercoaster and ultimately ends in frustration. In a strange way, confirmation (mathematically) that we are down will be a relief (as of course would confirmation that we have survived, although that will take a little longer!)

• Note to @Shev and any other North American fans. The game is on ESPN+ rather than iFollow.

• @bookertease said:
    I never really thought that I’d complain about watching too many Wycombe games but to be honest I’ll be glad when the international break comes along

I think originally it was brilliant having so many games when the first lockdown was in swing.
    But now, it feels like we're very close to "normal" life resuming, and we're all a little footballed out. If we were winning or playing great football I suspect it'd be a bit different though.

• @Malone said:

@bookertease said:
    I never really thought that I’d complain about watching too many Wycombe games but to be honest I’ll be glad when the international break comes along

I think originally it was brilliant having so many games when the first lockdown was in swing.
    But now, it feels like we're very close to "normal" life resuming, and we're all a little footballed out. If we were winning or playing great football I suspect it'd be a bit different though.

Even a goal would make us all feel better.

• Despite finding a lot of our displays, berefit of not much more than humping the ball forward with very little purpose or conviction.
    The fact that we beat the PNL at Wembley to clinch our championship place, and denying the deluded Headington Name changers theirs.
    It will always out weigh what has been a difficult and somewhat tedious season.

• TEAM NEWS: Two changes for the #Chairboys.

Uche Ikpeazu and Garath McCleary return to the starting XI, as Alex Samuel and Admiral Muskwe drop to the bench.

• No Kashket in the starting line-up again.

• Why is Stewart suddenly on the bench and Knight no longer in midfield?

• @Brownie said:
    Why is Stewart suddenly on the bench and Knight no longer in midfield?

Was thinking exactly the same thing

• Next season in a sunny AP with the wind in what’s left of my hair and a couple of pints of Rebellions best behind me, watching us put the PNLs and the franchise to the sword will be a joy.

• Still no Kashket, our leading scorer and he does not start games.thia does not make sense

• Another seemingly random shuffle of the pack.

• @floyd said:
    Note to @Shev and any other North American fans. The game is on ESPN+ rather than iFollow.

Cheers! I did not know that.

• @Shev said:

@floyd said:
    Note to @Shev and any other North American fans. The game is on ESPN+ rather than iFollow.

Cheers! I did not know that.

The Worldwide Leader obviously wants to cover the start of our great escape.

• Would happily see Stewart for Knight, who I think has lost some form recently. Bit of a shame there's no space for Samuel who had a strong game during the week. Other than that no complaints.

I'm a fan of Kashket, but he's not really offered a great deal of threat in recent months and has wasted the chances that have come his way. Hopefully he'll come on today and grab a goal. Hard to argue against Uche, Horgan and McCleary being our best front 3, problem is neither Horgan or McCleary have played particularly well recently.

• Both Preston games have been a fun watch. Here's to a third!

• Time for some goals, lads. I am going to go with JJ sticking a set piece in, and Mehmeti putting in a beauty.

• Samuel works hard but is not a goal scorer. Kashket will score if given a run in the team. He has never started a game with Uche

• @Haytor06 said:
    Still no Kashket, our leading scorer and he does not start games.thia does not make sense

He's also missed more chances than everyone else

• At leased he gets in a position to mis chances, Samuel's does not look like scoring.

• @Haytor06 said:
    Still no Kashket, our leading scorer and he does not start games.thia does not make sense

He's scored 4, not 24. And missed quite a few chances in his last regular spell in the team.
    It's not a huge surprise if we're being honest.

• @Haytor06 agree, but Samuel did link up well with Mehmeti on Tuesday and getting him on the ball as much as we can is likely to be key for us.

• And we still did not score. He may have only scored 4 but still our leading scorer

• @Haytor06 - think the clue’s in the name. Joined the Gasroom in February 21. PNL (or other) supporting troll.

• Nice start, we need to build on this and (checks notes) score a goal..? What's one of those?