Skip to content

Match day thread: QPR

Comments

• @Shev said:
    I assume we will have to play in yellow today. Let's have some mango madness!

Yellow shorts sighted

• BRING ON THE WYCOMBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Safer for him to travel to Dunstable than a different part of London. Apparently.

• @Doober48 said:
    Just to save everybody ten pounds this is what's going to happen
    1.We will bust a gut to win the game
    2.The ref will give us bugger all and either disallow a perfectly good goal or a cast iron pen
    3,the beast will not score
    4.The defence will go to sleep a couple of times and we concede at least one silly goal.
    5,awe will lose again but we won't be giving up even though we are 15 points from safety
    Your welcome

Much appreciated. An excellent match summary.

(But I do have this masochistic itch to scratch so will watch regardless).

The team selection does seem designed just to give people a rest and forget any chance of getting any sort of result tonight. Next seasons starting line up anyone?

• Buffering tonight (probably my fault for logging in at 7pm), and paid £10.

Fearing the worst already.

• Good change of options going forward.

• @Malone said:
    Buffering tonight (probably my fault for logging in at 7pm), and paid £10.

Buffering is down to your internet moosh!
    Try turning your router off before games, leave for a moment and turn back on.
    Try this at halftime.

• edited March 2021

@DaveyK said:

@Malone said:

Try this at halftime.

I've watched about 100 games live this season across all platforms, including all Wycombe games. It's not always buffering like this.

It seems to have calmed down to a more blurry, but moving picture. I think I'll take that over clear, but buffering.

Just in time to see us go 1-0 down. Hohum.

• Sigh. How easy was that?

• @Malone said:

@DaveyK said:

@Malone said:

Try this at halftime.

I've watched about 100 games live this season across all platforms, including all Wycombe games. It's not always buffering like this.

Absolute victim!

• Goodness that was soft. Weak defending by JJ, awful positioning by keeper.

• Mehmeti head and shoulders above anyone else in yellow here. Give us those contract details ASAP

• Mehtmessi starting to run the show.

• We should be about 4-1 up on aggregate over these two QPR games.

• Another sound, unfussy ref, even if the players aren’t in love with him.

• Great effort from Mehmeti, but can't get over the feeling we're just seeing these games out now.

• Decent 45mins from us there, changes have made a difference and we've had QPR pegged back at times. All the players who've come in have done reasonably well, Samuel in particular. It's Mehmeti again who really stands out.

Again though just a bit of quality letting us down and a soft goal conceded. Maybe there's a goal in this for us today though...

• Two frankly bang average sides, niggling at each other and not producing very much.

There are more mistakes in this and the possibility of more goals

We seem to have this knack of making most sides look pretty average (other than Norwich, Swansea & Brentford) yet we cannot turn that to our advantage

• My QPR supporting mate has just messaged me raving about Mehmeti

• He really is the most significant silver lining to this season. We must not lose him, except for silly money a few years from now!

• Mehmeti by far the best player in that first half, if not for us then overall. Honourable mention to Samuel putting in more dangerous crosses in 10 minutes than we managed all game against Stoke.
    Their goal was as infuriatingly soft as it gets.

I don't think we're out of it, though we'll need to be able to rely on more than just Mehmeti having to work wonders by himself.

• I’d take the silly money tomorrow, I guess.

• We are still well on this game. Probably need a QPR mistake...and they haven’t really made any yet. Poor goal to concede...I was enjoying it up until then

• Talking about the Mehmeti ‘no.10’ - do you think Bloomers would pass it over to him next season?

• @HCblue said:
    I’d take the silly money tomorrow, I guess.

Really? Oh, I see. For yourself !

• Yet another Horgan overhit cross.

• McCarthy ditto from the right.

• What is up with our crossing?

• @micra - Gape before Horgan too. They are taking turns!!