Skip to content

Match day thread: QPR

Comments

• Is this on the sky red button

• Blimey, match fatigue/general apathy really has set in... 3 hours before kick off and this is all we've got. I'm anticipating an improved showing on the last couple at the very least. 3 points really would be lovely, just to keep the dream alive a little longer. COYB.

• @YorkExile not apathy for the matches for me. Just lost interest in contributing to match threads. It happens.

• @YorkExile said:
    Blimey, match fatigue/general apathy really has set in... 3 hours before kick off and this is all we've got. I'm anticipating an improved showing on the last couple at the very least. 3 points really would be lovely, just to keep the dream alive a little longer. COYB.

Game doesn't start for three hours!

• To be fair I am feeling a little bit of match fatigue at the moment. It’s all a bit predictable to watch at the moment and I’m struggling a little with the engagement through an iPad screen. No-one at home who has any interest in the game, not able to moan about the ref at work. It’s all a bit going through the motions to watch at the moment.

Just feels like watching a repeat where you vaguely remember the plot and how it ended but can’t recall exactly what happened when and on what order.

• All the best for tonight you Blues. I can't watch or listen as we've a family zoom games night with me as question master! COYB!

• No doubt some of the excitement has gone out of it, this would have been a big old nearby game , afternoon off work, several beers with friends who support the opposition. Maybe a friendly wager, far less likely with recent form, and tbh the last couple of games haven't been enjoyable as we haven't been close.
    You know what would fix it? 3 points.

• Btw, anyone remember when QPR got bought out by the F1 chaps, poshed up their hospitality and started sacking managers on a weekly basis? I remember there were strong rumours that a pre game announcement would be Zidane as manager, turned out to be a new badge, since dropped, shortly followed by Ian Dowie. Best laid plans and all...

• edited March 2021

Winning solves everything. It was only a week ago i thought we'd beat Watford.

• @yorkyblue said:
    Is this on the sky red button

No red button games tonight.

iFollow only and because it was a Saturday game that got postponed and moved to tonight, it is £10 for everyone unless you paid for the original date.

• Maybe we'll be all the more motivated with GA's QPR connection. I know that did not help us with Blackburn, but that was very early days.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if we find a way to score, we will find a way to score two, and win 2-1. If we don't score, I am going to go out on an even bigger limb and say we will not do better than 0-0.

• @ValleyWanderer

Q1. What is the score of the QPR v Wycombe game.

Then take a 120 minute break whilst the score is verified.

• I can't even gee myself up enough to rate the badge. Still going to watch the match though.

• @Shev said:
    Maybe we'll be all the more motivated with GA's QPR connection. I know that did not help us with Blackburn, but that was very early days.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if we find a way to score, we will find a way to score two, and win 2-1. If we don't score, I am going to go out on an even bigger limb and say we will not do better than 0-0.

If we don’t score, we can’t do better than 0-0. Or am I missing a joke here again?

• Guessing Admiral will play wide left & GMac wide right with Samuel up front and Mehmeti in a No10 role with Crtis & Dom sitting deeper and covering in front of the back 4

Whilst McCarthy can push forward and support on the right it is definitely not something we want to see JJ doing too much of

• Just to save everybody ten pounds this is what's going to happen
    1.We will bust a gut to win the game
    2.The ref will give us bugger all and either disallow a perfectly good goal or a cast iron pen
    3,the beast will not score
    4.The defence will go to sleep a couple of times and we concede at least one silly goal.
    5,awe will lose again but we won't be giving up even though we are 15 points from safety
    Your welcome

• Do you think Ainsworth has players names on playing cards, shuffles them and then simply deals the first 11? I appreciate a settled side is a luxury in the present climate but is it really necessary to make so many changes for every game? It can't really help.

• @JohnBoy said:

@Shev said:
    Maybe we'll be all the more motivated with GA's QPR connection. I know that did not help us with Blackburn, but that was very early days.

If we don’t score, we can’t do better than 0-0. Or am I missing a joke here again?

It was a joke, sorry. I thought the tone of my voice was perfectly deadpan.

• To me, the bench looks stronger than the starting eleven.

• Hmm, Not sure if that's injuries, giving people a go or change for changes sake at this stage.
    Anis needs to get up near Samuel . We need to actually shoot. By all accounts they have nose dived a bit recently.

• Can’t wait, I’ve got a can of Tizer and a packet of chocolate fingers. I’ve never been more ready..LETS DO THIS!!!

• I really like that GA is trying something different. After three goalless games, Samuel at least deserves a chance!

I have a feeling we may go for the mass swap again if it is not working, which was a great thing against Norwich, and had them under the cosh for a while.

• I am certainly suffering from football fatigue at the moment. The last year has shown me how much I valued the whole experience of attending games, and how much fans contribute to that experience. I really struggle to watch and focus on closed door matches on TV. Particularly if it involves VAR. Thoroughly looking forward to getting the real, live matchday experience back in August. Football really is nothing without fans. Hopefully when we can get back crowds reach the limits allowed across the land, the clubs certainly need it.

• I find it baffling that Kashket can't get a start at the moment.

• The badge seems to have had little effort put in to it but I quite like the result. I fear that we will put a lot of effort in and I won’t like the result.

• Have to agree with @mooneyman . Bench looks stronger than the starting team. Sorry but cannot see what Samuel offers us at this level. Strange selection by Ainsworth.

• If we keep lumping it up in the air to Samuel tonight, questions need to be asked

• I assume we will have to play in yellow today. Let's have some mango madness!