Skip to content

Match day thread: Stoke

Comments

• @JohnBoy said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Malone said:
    Does make you wonder why we brought Ofoborh in just to sit as one of 3 defensive mids on the bench!

I like the look of the lineup though. Good to see McCarthy get a run in his proper position, he's had a really difficult season so far.

Ofoborh didn't stand a chance today as only players who's surnames start with M get in today.

I think he'll still be at Wycombe next season.

He’s already signed a pre-contract agreement with Rangers for next season.

I assume RITM means that he will be back here on loan - this time from Rangers.

• @JohnBoy said:

@Malone said:
    Does make you wonder why we brought Ofoborh in just to sit as one of 3 defensive mids on the bench!

I like the look of the lineup though. Good to see McCarthy get a run in his proper position, he's had a really difficult season so far.

Ofoborh didn't stand a chance today as only players who's surnames start with M get in today.

He’s already signed a pre-contract agreement with Rangers for next season.

They will send him out on loan though, probably to another SPL team.

• @floyd said:

Much more aggressive than Wednesday.

Today's Sesame Street is brought to you by the letter M.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Malone said:

Not a bad shout that one.
    But we might have to wait a couple of months, as it'd be odd for Rangers to take him, then instantly shunt him out on loan.

• Not much different to what many Premier League clubs have been doing over the last few years - just stockpiling talent. Rangers are leagues ahead of even Celtic now so can likely afford to let young talent develop elsewhere for a while.

• Exciting start- Stoke off the bar and good move by Uche.

• Anyone else not able to purchase the game? Can log in to the club/I follow ok but clicking on the subscription button just goes to the bouncing ball

• Yes, same here. But I think it might have just unfrozen.

• I can’t get in either today. Maybe it was that bad iFollow review I gave last night

• Got in at last. Took about 20 mins.

• 4-1-2-1-2?

• @arnos_grove said:
    Yes, same here. But I think it might have just unfrozen.

Alas not for me. Are we 1 up yet?

• Really brings home the gulf in class Div1 to Championship. That looks like as strong a Wycombe team as we have ever put out, but can it gain points at this level?

I can’t get in either today. Maybe it was that bad iFollow review I gave last night

Just in. Changed browser

• Not if they keep playing 'percentages'. (I.e Hoofing to the big man at the frobt). Maybe this is what people meant when they asked how we watch this every week. Easy when we're winning, doesn't seem so many takers now we're not.

I can’t get in either today. Maybe it was that bad iFollow review I gave last night

Just in. Changed browser

In as well. Must be a high demand saturday

• @Doob said:
    Not if they keep playing 'percentages'. (I.e Hoofing to the big man at the frobt). Maybe this is what people meant when they asked how we watch this every week. Easy when we're winning, doesn't seem so many takers now we're not.

And funnily enough, all the opposition managers and comments seem to be positive about us this year, when we're losing a lot.

• I have no problem with hoofing it, as long as it is mixed in with other methods of attack. It's when we become completely one dimensional that the issues arise.

• Keeper just came for a corner

Be still my beating heart

• A lot of passes to nowhere so far.

• @Shev said:
    A lot of passes to nowhere so far.

Yeah, have to get better at passing it to people in the same coloured shirt, be it long or short

• Just me wondering how Bayo manages to get on to more of these long passes than Uche does?

• Uche is actually not great in the air. Much better with the ball at his feet.

• Spot on Shev.

Uche far better when the ball's played into his feet

• New levels of time wasting today

Just me wondering how Bayo manages to get on to more of these long passes than Uche does?

Just you.. Souttar is 6”6. Need to work the channels

• Bayo was great at moving or shoving his way to where the ball was heading. Agree Uche is better on the ground than in the air.

• They're both very strong, but absolutely totally different styles.

• Would have been a soft pen on Admiral there, but the defender didn't touch the ball.

• Didn't touch Muskwe either. Lucky not to get booked