Skip to content

Match day thread: Stoke

Comments

• That's a very likeable badge. Gains points for the nicely distorted year giving it quite a retro feeling, and good overall shape. Loses one point for the not so carefully done text on a curve for "The Potters". 9/10

• Great club Stoke, can't knock them and easy to do the Robbie Williams accent for RTB

• ?we all agree, furniture's better than pottery?

• Awful badge for me, horrible modern attempt to "re-brand"

Club badges should look as though they've been around for centuries

• Their old badge is a stone cold classic.

You get a Griffin, some pretzels, a camel, an urn, a pig and a nice scythe.

Shame they dropped the wildlife and weaponry for the modern update.

• I rather like it but that old one is top drawer. That camel looks like something from a Bosch nightmare.

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    Their old badge is a stone cold classic.

You get a Griffin, some pretzels, a camel, an urn, a pig and a nice scythe.

Shame they dropped the wildlife and weaponry for the modern update.

Not to mention (see what I did there) including the triple noose of Staffordshire. The legend being a prisoner facing the hangman was challenged that if he could hang three other prisoners with one rope he would be reprieved - pull the two ends it works. Knott sure ( see what I did there) why there are two though?

• Billy Knott, always enjoyed watching him in midfield.

• New copyright friendly one is neat but not much going on, why drop all the symbols for some stripes

• @eric_plant said:
    Awful badge for me, horrible modern attempt to "re-brand"

Club badges should look as though they've been around for centuries

Agreed, I would go one step further and make changing of badges illegal.

• @drcongo said:
    That's a very likeable badge. Gains points for the nicely distorted year giving it quite a retro feeling, and good overall shape. Loses one point for the not so carefully done text on a curve for "The Potters". 9/10

Shocked.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@drcongo said:
    That's a very likeable badge. Gains points for the nicely distorted year giving it quite a retro feeling, and good overall shape. Loses one point for the not so carefully done text on a curve for "The Potters". 9/10

Shocked.

The lad has had a good season, but he’s let himself down with this one.

• To be fair to Stoke, they're not alone. I feel our badge was cheapened by putting the circle around the swan and adding Wycombe Wanderers to it

Talking of which, we'd better be wearing blue this afternoon. Was very disappointed to see us in red the other night

• I have let myself down, you're right. I should have take a point off for the stripes because that's just shit, and now that I've seen that pretzel classic I want to give the current badge 0/10. We go again next week.

• The games are coming thick and fast with little recovery time in between.

Just a bit of badge fatigue there I think

• @eric_plant said:
    To be fair to Stoke, they're not alone. I feel our badge was cheapened by putting the circle around the swan and adding Wycombe Wanderers to it

Talking of which, we'd better be wearing blue this afternoon. Was very disappointed to see us in red the other night

You'll be pleased to know that we are. Glad to see someone's keeping up the old @EddieMonsoon / @Che tradition.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Billy Knott, always enjoyed watching him in midfield.

Billy Knott’s brother threatened my mate on Twitter when he called him out for a lazy showing. Classy.

• @kiscokid said:

@perfidious_albion said:

Billy Knott’s brother threatened my mate on Twitter when he called him out for a lazy showing. Classy.

Is his brother less entitled to his view than your mate, who I have no doubt was being entirely respectful?

• @StrongestTeam said:

@kiscokid said:

@perfidious_albion said:

Is his brother less entitled to his view than your mate, who I have no doubt was being entirely respectful?

Does threatening someone constitute "a view"?

• Does make you wonder why we brought Ofoborh in just to sit as one of 3 defensive mids on the bench!

I like the look of the lineup though. Good to see McCarthy get a run in his proper position, he's had a really difficult season so far.

• Looks like Muskwe and McCleary wide of Ikpeazu.

• @Malone said:
    Does make you wonder why we brought Ofoborh in just to sit as one of 3 defensive mids on the bench!

An odd situation to sign for Rangers and then not be able to get into our starting XI. Also a victim of Knight moving to DM, and the longest run of the season with both Thompson and Gape fit.

• @floyd said:

@Malone said:
    Does make you wonder why we brought Ofoborh in just to sit as one of 3 defensive mids on the bench!

An odd situation to sign for Rangers and then not be able to get into our starting XI. Also a victim of Knight moving to DM, and the longest run of the season with both Thompson and Gape fit.

Not wanted yet by Rangers, Bournemouth no interest in developing him any more, parked here cheaply is my guess. He's better than that but his time will come.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@floyd said:

@Malone said:

Not wanted yet by Rangers, Bournemouth no interest in developing him any more, parked here cheaply is my guess. He's better than that but his time will come.

I think he will go on loan next season as he won't be ready for a starting place for Rangers.

• Facing a Stoke team with John Obi Mikel and Joe Allen in midfield ?

• @drcongo said:
    I have let myself down, you're right. I should have take a point off for the stripes because that's just shit, and now that I've seen that pretzel classic I want to give the current badge 0/10. We go again next week.

Fair play. A proper u turn based on the facts

• @Malone said:

I like the look of the lineup though. Good to see McCarthy get a run in his proper position, he's had a really difficult season so far.

Ofoborh didn't stand a chance today as only players who's surnames start with M get in today.

I think he'll still be at Wycombe next season.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Malone said:

Ofoborh didn't stand a chance today as only players who's surnames start with M get in today.

He’s already signed a pre-contract agreement with Rangers for next season.

• @JohnBoy said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Malone said:

He’s already signed a pre-contract agreement with Rangers for next season.

He’s not going to go straight into the Rangers team tho is he?