Skip to content

Allsop or Stockdale

Comments

• Why ? Hardly a massive error !

• Just me jest @HolmerBlue !!

• Ripping @JohnBoy. You really don’t think I was being serious I hope!

• No fault for the second goal. I’m a big fan of allsop but Stockdale showed today that quick and accurate distribution is something we can benefit from with the right players on the pitch.

• Indeed. When was the last time we saw Allsop in the centre circle play an "up and under" into the opposition box? If only Stewart had better control ...

• A few “if onlies” today @Twizz !

• I feel for Allsopp, but personally I just feel more confident with Stockdale in goal

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I feel for Allsopp, but personally I just feel more confident with Stockdale in goal

Hear hear.

• @micra said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    I feel for Allsopp, but personally I just feel more confident with Stockdale in goal

Hear hear.

Absolutely. Should have been in earlier.

• When was the last time we were able to have a discussion about who we want between the sticks? Must have been years since we had two or more decent keepers on our books at the same time.

• Possibly when FrankTalia was preffered to Martin Taylor.

• Other Number 1 battles were John Maskell v Keven O'Brien early 70's. Mask v Peter Spittle mid to late 70's. Gary Lester v Johnny Granville and Steve Crompton late 80's.
    Brian Parkin v John Cheesewright v A bag of coats under Alan Smith.

• I think when a young Matt Ingram was challenging Nicki Bull for the number one jersey

• Can't believe nobody is mentioning Chuck Martini

• Seem to remember some fans wanting Scott Brown recalled from loan to replace Jamal Blackman in the side

• @drcongo said:
    Can't believe nobody is mentioning Chuck Martini

Probably because no one with the surname Martini has appeared for the Wanderers.

• Interesting side note given the calls to bring him in pre-season, Jamal Blackman can't now get in the Rotherham team. Perhaps a similar situation to Allsop as it appears that he picked up an injury and has been unable to force his way back in (despite a string of defeats).

• Parkin v Cheesewright!
    Those were the days.

• Chessewright was last seen working in the cheese aisle at a Leeds Co-op

• @LX1 said:
    Chessewright was last seen working in the cheese aisle at a Leeds Co-op

You wouldn't want him in charge of a knife

• Poor old Cheesey suffered the deep shame of being regarded as even worse than Parkin.

Now imagining a cheese (from the Co-Op aisle Ofoborh was felled in) topped slice of Parkin cake.

• Bit of a tangent, but was "Cheesey Wright Wright Wright" the worst chant ever sung by Wycombe fans?

• @eric_plant said:
    Bit of a tangent, but was "Cheesey Wright Wright Wright" the worst chant ever sung by Wycombe fans?

Not even in the top 10

• @ChasHarps said:

@drcongo said:
    Can't believe nobody is mentioning Chuck Martini

Probably because no one with the surname Martini has appeared for the Wanderers.

I'm sure you know but for those that don't, Chuck Martini is the name that Chuck Moussadik now goes by.

• Stockdale keeps the shirt for me...but I trust Gaz to choose

• Well, the Gasroom has spoken - Allsop on the bench.

• Not too bad a ‘keeper to have on the bench.

• Either of them

• My understanding is that they are both out of contract at the end of the season. It will be interesting to see what Ainsworth does. Sign one, both or neither .

• Stockdale has now kept as many clean sheets (4) as Allsop has this season!