Skip to content

Match day thread: Norwich

Comments

• edited March 2021

@JohnBoy said: I'd be pretty pissed if someone did that to me in the bread aisle at Aldi.

But would you be quite relaxed if it were in the canned goods aisle? Different ambiance.

• If it's going to go off anywhere it's the fruit and veg aisle surely?

• Obviously anything goes in the canned goods aisle.

• @JohnBoy said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@JohnBoy said:

@JohnBoy said:
    What was embarrassing about the Kashket incident? I'm assuming we're referring to the one where he was punched in the stomach off the ball?

Apart from him not being punched I think you are thinking of the right incident.
    I still use my supermarket contact rule in these things. If that incident had happened to Kashket in the bread aisle of Aldi's he would never have reacted like that.
    On the other side Ofoborh would definately have fallen over in the cheese section of Co-op if he'd have got the arm around the head he received.

Pretty firm forearm to the stomach then!
    https://imgur.com/a/RgeXWbN

Lightweight. Not sure how a picture can be used as evidence of how hard someone touches another.
    I suppose I grew up in an age when you didn't show your opponent you were hurt.
    Do you think you'd have fallen over in that instance?

Have you not been complaining that other teams are better at the "dark arts" than we are? Unfortunately, I don't know how to link a video snippet here, but he got a firm forearm to the stomach off the ball. If players can get sent off for putting their head near another, I don't see why this should be allowed. It was a physical attack, and I'd be pretty pissed if someone did that to me in the bread aisle at Aldi.

Other Championship sides are much better at these things than we are. That's why Kashket needs to learn when to scream and how to do it.
    If someone lightly touched my side by mistake in the Aisle of Dreams I doubt I'd be rolling around the leaf blowers

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@JohnBoy said:

@JohnBoy said:

@JohnBoy said:
    What was embarrassing about the Kashket incident? I'm assuming we're referring to the one where he was punched in the stomach off the ball?

Apart from him not being punched I think you are thinking of the right incident.
    I still use my supermarket contact rule in these things. If that incident had happened to Kashket in the bread aisle of Aldi's he would never have reacted like that.
    On the other side Ofoborh would definately have fallen over in the cheese section of Co-op if he'd have got the arm around the head he received.

Pretty firm forearm to the stomach then!
    https://imgur.com/a/RgeXWbN

Lightweight. Not sure how a picture can be used as evidence of how hard someone touches another.
    I suppose I grew up in an age when you didn't show your opponent you were hurt.
    Do you think you'd have fallen over in that instance?

Have you not been complaining that other teams are better at the "dark arts" than we are? Unfortunately, I don't know how to link a video snippet here, but he got a firm forearm to the stomach off the ball. If players can get sent off for putting their head near another, I don't see why this should be allowed. It was a physical attack, and I'd be pretty pissed if someone did that to me in the bread aisle at Aldi.

Other Championship sides are much better at these things than we are. That's why Kashket needs to learn when to scream and how to do it.
    If someone lightly touched my side by mistake in the Aisle of Dreams I doubt I'd be rolling around the leaf blowers

It certainly wasn't a mistake. It was a sly dig and he should have been punished for it.

• @arnos_grove said:

@JohnBoy said: I'd be pretty pissed if someone did that to me in the bread aisle at Aldi.

But would you be quite relaxed if it were in the canned goods aisle? Different ambiance.

It really should kick off on the Pharmacy area, at least the dressings & medicines will be close to hand?

• This thread is turning into the Supermarket Sweep.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I admit I have not read all of the relevant posts but I think for someone who has been in football for so long and claims to have a sense of humour to advocate our players fight with people in supermarkets is an absolute disgrace @glasshalffull

In my (thankfully) limited experience of supermarkets, the places most like to attract the attention of referees are the check out queue and the car park. Even Jason Cousins wouldn’t venture to start a scrap there.

• Supermarket car parks are like the Wild West. Proper Jamie Bates territory.

• edited March 2021

If it had happened outside the Tesco Express in Cressex I reckon Scotty would have smeared himself in ketchup and then run crying to the club office.

• Who does your shopping @glasshalffull ?

• @LX1 said:
    Who does your shopping @glasshalffull ?

My team of servants, of course. Anyway, I’m a corner shop man myself, support local businesses and all that.

• @JohnBoy said:
    Obviously anything goes in the canned goods aisle.

I’ve often wondered who buys Frey Bentos tinned pies and why

• Some people's mothers in the 1970s had two jobs and a can opener @MorrisItal_ Frey Bentos? Luxury.

• Supermarkets and their car parks are weird. Behaviour inside is (and this predates Covid) almost always respectful and friendly. Outside whoever mentioned the Wild West is right. I’m glad we don’t have guns

• @Wendoverman said:
    Some people's mothers in the 1970s had two jobs and a can opener @MorrisItal_ Frey Bentos? Luxury.

You needed a heavy duty can opener to get into one of them.

• @mooneyman said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Some people's mothers in the 1970s had two jobs and a can opener @MorrisItal_ Frey Bentos? Luxury.

Do the canned steak and kidney puddings still exist...they were a danger to open once boiled for the requisite time. I daresay the general population no longer willing to risk scalding steam injuries without demanding compensation may have done for them...

• It's FRAY Bentos. No need to flag up you shop in Waitrose by pronouncing it slightly differently.

• @Wendoverman said:

@mooneyman said:

@Wendoverman said:

Do the canned steak and kidney puddings still exist...they were a danger to open once boiled for the requisite time. I daresay the general population no longer willing to risk scalding steam injuries without demanding compensation may have done for them...

I was fond of those. Well until my Dad informed me that the steak that purportedly went into them was in reality, and I quote, “eyelids and arseholes”.

• I think it actually says that on the tin now.

• @drcongo said:
    I think it actually says that on the tin now.

Bloody EU spoiling everything

• bloody eu is one of the infredients

• edited March 2021

@Manboobs said:
    I was fond of those. Well until my Dad informed me that the steak that purportedly went into them was in reality, and I quote, “eyelids and arseholes”.

The chicken and mushroom one was described to me as 'beaks and feet'. God knows what's in this tasty treat...

• Goblins, presumably.

• @ChasHarps said:
    That's the most disappointing thing this season, both the attractive footballing sides and the direct teams like ourselves resort to continual gamesmanship (cheating). The Job of refereeing is continually getting harder, as the players appear to be more accomplished at diving,feigning injury,inviting contact.

100% agree with this. There is so much cheating in our game now and that makes refereeing hard. Maybe VAR has a role here as it would probably have got us a penalty or two this season?

• @LX1 said:
    It's FRAY Bentos. No need to flag up you shop in Waitrose by pronouncing it slightly differently.

Named after Fray Bentos, the town in Uruguay where they process the meat, as we learnt in GCE Geography 1977.

• Town named after a Uruguayan Hermit.

• Pie content information aside, and I know we are struggling, but it is still amazing to me how many big teams are still catchable in our soon to be legendary great escape...even if not challenging for the title you would not expect Forest, Derby, Birmingham and Blackburn to be below Luton in the table, while Stoke, Bournemouth and 'Boro are not exactly setting the league alight either.

• I don’t think Forest are catchable by Wycombe...

• Of course they will power up the table to safety @Forest_Blue :smile: but I'm surprised so many big teams with good resources seem to be struggling. The fact we are still in it (mathematically and I know albeit needing a fantastic run and the luck of the Devil) is a source of some pleasure and hope.