Skip to content

Match day thread: Norwich

Comments

• The tone of your post suggested to me you were wishing he had reacted in such a way.

Thanks for clearing it up. Good to know that you wouldn't want to either

• @glasshalffull - I can’t believe someone who as made a career from football would condone diving. I don’t care which team it is, ours or the opposition, I do not believe there is a place for cheating in our game.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    @glasshalffull - I can’t believe someone who as made a career from football would condone diving. I don’t care which team it is, ours or the opposition, I do not believe there is a place for cheating in our game.

You clearly did not read my post properly. I refer you to my reply to Eric Plant.

• I agree with Eric that the tone of your post suggested you wanted him to react in such a way.
    If I also misinterpreted your post then I stand corrected.

• @glasshalffull glad to know you are on the side of honesty. ??

• I detest cheating in our game, I was pointing out that we are so often accused of it by opposition fans who conveniently overlook their own teams’ misdemeanours.
    It’s all part of the ‘you know what to expect from Wycombe’ narrative that we have come to expect.

• I have to say I'm quite impressed how late in the match day thread the 'what you just said is disgraceful @glasshalffull ' began.

• What was embarrassing about the Kashket incident? I'm assuming we're referring to the one where he was punched in the stomach off the ball?

• @JohnBoy said:
    What was embarrassing about the Kashket incident? I'm assuming we're referring to the one where he was punched in the stomach off the ball?

Apart from him not being punched I think you are thinking of the right incident.
    I still use my supermarket contact rule in these things. If that incident had happened to Kashket in the bread aisle of Aldi's he would never have reacted like that.
    On the other side Ofoborh would definately have fallen over in the cheese section of Co-op if he'd have got the arm around the head he received.

• I've never seen a cheese section in a Co-op

1. @Right_in_the_Middle That's one of your finest ever posts. The Bread Aisle of Aldi Yardstick will be a constant reference point in my football watching from now on.

2. I missed the Krul/Ofoborh thing. I was watching on iFollow and had intermittent broadband issues. But was it actually shown and replayed on iFollow, or just Sky?

• I've noticed more this season that Kashket does go down at the slightest possibility of a touch and stronger breeze, not good to see, then makes it worse by always getting up and mouthing off about it

• edited March 2021

@HolmerBlue said:
    I've noticed more this season that Kashket does go down at the slightest possibility of a touch and stronger breeze, not good to see, then makes it worse by always getting up and mouthing off about it

Agreed, and he is not quite so good at the art as Samuel.

• @mooneyman said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    I've noticed more this season that Kashket does go down at the slightest possibility of a touch and stronger breeze, not good to see, then makes it worse by always getting up and mouthing off about it

Agreed, and he is not quite so good at the art as Samuel.

To be fair...Samuel does tend to get battered a lot whereas Scotty thinks he does. :smile:

• I've just got an image now of Jason Cousins leaping in two-footed on someone as they're reaching into the freezer for a bag of oven chips, and frankly that has brightened up my day a treat

• Shouting at Michael Owen for buying Earl Grey tea.

• @HolmerBlue said:

Maybe it would help to send Kashket (and others) to drama classes. Our falling over, screaming foul and feigning injury skills are distinctly sub-par compared to some of the other teams we have come up against. This season in particular we seemed to have failed to convince the ref's on any number of occasions.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I have to say I'm quite impressed how late in the match day thread the 'what you just said is disgraceful @glasshalffull ' began.

It is a woefully tedious gasroom tradition.

• Unseen camera angle of Krul/Ofoborh penalty claim:

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@JohnBoy said:
    What was embarrassing about the Kashket incident? I'm assuming we're referring to the one where he was punched in the stomach off the ball?

Apart from him not being punched I think you are thinking of the right incident.
    I still use my supermarket contact rule in these things. If that incident had happened to Kashket in the bread aisle of Aldi's he would never have reacted like that.
    On the other side Ofoborh would definately have fallen over in the cheese section of Co-op if he'd have got the arm around the head he received.

Pretty firm forearm to the stomach then!
    https://imgur.com/a/RgeXWbN

• Looks like Scott is auditioning to be a mime artist once his football career comes to an end

• Complete aside but Sheffield Wednesday have appointed Darren Moore. Always liked him as a manager but hoping he doesn't turn things round for them too quickly.

• @JohnBoy said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@JohnBoy said:

Lightweight. Not sure how a picture can be used as evidence of how hard someone touches another.
    I suppose I grew up in an age when you didn't show your opponent you were hurt.
    Do you think you'd have fallen over in that instance?

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:
    I have to say I'm quite impressed how late in the match day thread the 'what you just said is disgraceful @glasshalffull ' began.

It is a woefully tedious gasroom tradition.

Fortunately, I am thick skinned or maybe just thick (as mince?).

• Of course in reality what actually happened is I commented on your post, you clarified what you'd meant, and I thanked you for your clarification and agreed with you.

• edited March 2021

Samuel throws himself into challenges regardless of the likelihood of getting a whack, he buys some easy ones at times off simple defenders but I don't think that it's particularly dishonest.
    SK is a very different style of player, a real pest who'll try for any chance or foul at anytime, more in the style we prescribe to some South American players, although not exclusively obviously. He asks questions of the ref constantly but a little too often for my liking recently and some appeals are embarrassing. Not that you'd turn a penalty down. We are now into the "Owed one" territory.
    Is it really getting harder for refs though? Some of the fouls and some of the dives seem so obvious. Perhaps it's all a bit quicker than it was years ago but it's not very clever or hidden and players know it's all filmed.

• @eric_plant said:
    Of course in reality what actually happened is I commented on your post, you clarified what you'd meant, and I thanked you for your clarification and agreed with you.

it was a joke, Eric.

• I admit I have not read all of the relevant posts but I think for someone who has been in football for so long and claims to have a sense of humour to advocate our players fight with people in supermarkets is an absolute disgrace @glasshalffull

• @glasshalffull said:

@eric_plant said:
    Of course in reality what actually happened is I commented on your post, you clarified what you'd meant, and I thanked you for your clarification and agreed with you.

it was a joke, Eric.

Kicking off again

Maybe

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@JohnBoy said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@JohnBoy said:

Lightweight. Not sure how a picture can be used as evidence of how hard someone touches another.
    I suppose I grew up in an age when you didn't show your opponent you were hurt.
    Do you think you'd have fallen over in that instance?

Have you not been complaining that other teams are better at the "dark arts" than we are? Unfortunately, I don't know how to link a video snippet here, but he got a firm forearm to the stomach off the ball. If players can get sent off for putting their head near another, I don't see why this should be allowed. It was a physical attack, and I'd be pretty pissed if someone did that to me in the bread aisle at Aldi.