Skip to content

Match day thread: Norwich

Comments

• Even if the lino and ref missed what Krul did, how the hell did they judge it a foul the other way!?

• No shame in getting beat by a team as good as Norwich, we made them work incredibly hard for it and had our chances too

• Unlucky, gave it a go, fancied our chances at 1-0

• Norwich are probably going to be in the Premier League next season. The lads have battled really well and 0-2 is no disgrace. We go again.

• Not bad for a side who are heading for the Premiership.

• Well played boys. Can’t complain at that.

• If we play anywhere near that standard at Vicarage Road on Wednesday I am confident we will get the three points.

At least we don't have to play Brentford and Norwich again this season. They will both be in the Premier next season.

• Any news on how Kashket is after his punch to the stomach?

Looked really nasty

• Premier League/Premiership. Let’s call the whole thing off @railwaysteve !

• Fair result, we weren’t able to produce enough chances against a very good side, back on the horse next game.

• Uche and Scotty up top is the new little and large. Was classic Wycombe - long ball from Stockdale, Uche with strength to take the defender out of the game leaving Scotty to nip in behind. Shame it didn’t end in a goal.

• More a case of weren’t able to convert any of the good chances.

• Sounds like we gave it a good go, which is all we can really ask. Still waiting for our luck to even out.

• Gave it one helluva go @floyd .

• @TheDancingYak said:

@aloysius said:
    I'm wondering whether Mehmeti can be a bit too selfish at times. That last chance in particular, instead of going for goal from miles out he could have played a short pass out to Fred on his left who had three others to aim for in the box, plus Mehmeti could have run into space for a one two.

READ ALL ABOUT IT! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Young inexperienced player in “Needs to improve some areas of his game” shocker

Dear o lore.

So you agree with me but you think it's inappropriate to point it out on a matchday discussion thread?

• Pretty good performance tbh but I don’t think Norwich really got out of second gear. We were trying to compete against a basically Premier league team., Next season, in league one, Ainsworth should do two things....get a haircut and drop the ‘little Wycombe’ theme!!

• Decent performance that, similar to how we played against Reading, Norwich though are vastly superior. We had a real go after the subs, but really needed to put 1 of those chances away

Even before this match, my feeling was we had more of a chance against Watford.

• I thought we played really well today and, that aside, enjoyed watching the game. Well played, Norwich.

Both goals felt a little unlucky and we had some good chances that we nowhere near made the best of. Lots of good performances and liked the half-court press.

• Cmon on the boys! Good efforts. Lots of positives to take from today game.

• As I said earlier @Wycombe85 I also think we have a better chance of a point (or even thee) against Watford who are without one or two key players. At 1-0, with less than ten minutes to go, we briefly came close to getting the equaliser and, with VAR, might well have had a penalty.
    No reason whatsoever to feel deflated or dispirited.

• We did really well to stay in that game for so long, as they missed quite a few chances.

We had a really strong 5-10min period, culminating in the obligatory officials error with the Krul elbow.

A shame the late goal makes it look more comfy than it actually was.
    But we won't go down because we lost to the league leaders!

• We won’t go down if we beat Watford on Wednesday (7pm). Well, I suppose we might.

• @micra said:
    We won’t go down if we beat Watford on Wednesday (7pm). Well, I suppose we might.

14 games to go, we need 4 wins just to get above the current safety line.

And would probably need 3-4 wins minimum from those last 10 too.

All off the background of 5 wins from 32 games.

However, I'll start every game thinking we can win it. As standard.

• Reading that, @Malone it’s hard to think (rationally) that we’ve any realistic chance of survival but try telling the players that.

• Think we have seen the reason why Kashket hasn’t featured recently, he’s got to work the keeper with one of those chances.

Aside from that a good showing today, not a million miles away from coming away with a point.

• @micra said:
    Reading that, @Malone it’s hard to think (rationally) that we’ve any realistic chance of survival but try telling the players that.

They just need to read my last line in isolation. Believe you can win the next game.

• edited February 2021

@Vincey said:
    Think we have seen the reason why Kashket hasn’t featured recently, he’s got to work the keeper with one of those chances.

Aside from that a good showing today, not a million miles away from coming away with a point.

Don't know why he tried a near impossible chip from one of them.
    It was dropping perfectly for him to take a lash at first time as the best option, or get it down and move it to the side to get a shot off for the second best option.

• @Vincey said:
    Think we have seen the reason why Kashket hasn’t featured recently, he’s got to work the keeper with one of those chances.

I thought the same, so I'm glad someone else has said it ! Yes he came on and was a pain in the arse and had a few chances... none of which were on target. Wonder what Muskwe has done wrong or is thinking

• At least at this stage that is quite easy to believe. If we can beat Watford we can beat or draw with anyone.

• Thought that was a decent performance spoiled by some terrible refereeing again.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked to see people complimenting Lee Hendrie though, the man is a bonafide imbecile and I wouldn't believe you if you told me he had graduated from pre-school. My cat has a better vocabulary than him, and I haven't even got a cat. He used the word "distribute" / "distribution" about 7 times, and used it wrong every single time. Thick as mince.