Skip to content

Match day thread: Norwich

Comments

• It’s Lee Hendrie is it? Certainly has a lot of kind things to say about Wycombe. I could be won over!

• Rocky would have caught that !!

• I don’t like Fred’s defending...others are just better at it

• The o e that hit the bar

• The Norwich players seem to have a tactic of falling over anywhere near Uche. Luckily the ref seems to be seeing it too

• Good time to score

• @Forest_Blue said:
    I don’t like Fred’s defending...others are just better at it

People talking about forwards defending is one of those weird new age things, like the current obsession with centre backs having to be able to pass it, almost at the expense of actually being able to defend.

• It’s gaz’s way...our forwards have to defend in this division...

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    The Norwich players seem to have a tactic of falling over anywhere near Uche. Luckily the ref seems to be seeing it too

He's an absolute menace. One of those very rare pacey, mobile, strong target men.

• Good first half, defended well, frustrated them and had a few chances ourselves

• Happy with that half

• More than happy.

• I'm wondering whether Mehmeti can be a bit too selfish at times. That last chance in particular, instead of going for goal from miles out he could have played a short pass out to Fred on his left who had three others to aim for in the box, plus Mehmeti could have run into space for a one two.

We have Uche being selfish as a central striker. That makes sense. But I think Mehmeti as a playmaker needs to see more around him.

• I’d be happy with a point. I fancy our chances at Vicarage Road. Gape has been much more impressive today than in his cameos earlier in the season.
    At least we haven’t got the kind of mountain to climb in the second half that we very nearly scaled in that Cup game a few years ago. I felt that day that, if the game had gone on for another quarter of an hour, we would have got a draw. We had got it back to 3-4. We have tended to get stronger towards the end of games this season too (albeit not in the League game at Brentford!)

• Bit harsh on Mehmeti. It opened up for him to shoot and wasn't that far wide. No problem with a striker/advanced midfielder choosing to do that.

• Lee Hendrie has done a couple of games this season for sky games with wycombe he appreciates our qualities I think he is good as a co commentator.

• @aloysius said:
    I'm wondering whether Mehmeti can be a bit too selfish at times. That last chance in particular, instead of going for goal from miles out he could have played a short pass out to Fred on his left who had three others to aim for in the box, plus Mehmeti could have run into space for a one two.

READ ALL ABOUT IT! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Young inexperienced player in “Needs to improve some areas of his game” shocker

Dear o lore.

• Cmon the Boys. Can’t complain to much so far. Think we’re doing what we can. Holding a good shape and getting number up on the attacks. Mccleary need to take more care. Get point here

• @aloysius said:
    I'm wondering whether Mehmeti can be a bit too selfish at times. That last chance in particular, instead of going for goal from miles out he could have played a short pass out to Fred on his left who had three others to aim for in the box, plus Mehmeti could have run into space for a one two.

We have Uche being selfish as a central striker. That makes sense. But I think Mehmeti as a playmaker needs to see more around him.

Not sure about this one moosh.
    He’s a positive player looking forward and there ain’t a lot of movement off the ball.

• Bad 2 mins for Wheeler didn't need to jump in for the attempted intercept

• Arghhh Wheeler needs to either wipe him out there, or hold his ground.

Then a min later does wipe Buendia out when it's less critical!

• bugger not the start we wanted to the second half

• We are going to need to use some subs here - we are going to be knackered!

• Fuck they are really good on the counter, thankfully they seem to have left their shooting boots at home

• To be fair, Norwich should be out of sight but they’re not and a glimmer of hope remains!

• Cue JJ?

• V Aarons? Perhaps not!

• SUBS please before it’s too late

• @Shev said:
    We are going to need to use some subs here - we are going to be knackered!

Horgan would be nice. Need to ride this out for a bit, no silly reds please.

• @micra said:
    V Aarons? Perhaps not!

I think Fred needs to do more to help Obita.
    Obita is doing a job against a very good player in Aaron’s