Skip to content

Match day thread: Norwich

BSEBSE
edited February 2021 in Football

Comments

• Canary standing on a cue ball, Lego castle, partially melted wax lion wearing some kind of tribal mask. 2/10

• COYB!!!!!!!

• Revenge is a dish best served cold

• Ghoulish griffin frozen in time at the moment where it realised it was about to be crushed by a falling castle. Godlike canary, back turned to the impending event, sanguine and detached about the moment it has ordained should be so.

• The Birmingham result yesterday was a big shame but if we win today I think we will have given ourselves a sniff

• If we win today I’m going the full Rob Couhig and expecting us to stay up.

• Surely "when we win today" ...

• The table does not lie. Despite a recent upturn, I fear a bit of a pasting today. Hope I’m wrong!!

• This Norwich team are light years ahead of Huddersfield, Derby and Reading. Anything other than a heavy defeat today would be a surprise result, but this is Wycombe Wanderers...

• Have some faith!

• edited February 2021

I'm trying to work out the order of preference of defensive central midfielders at the moment. Knight obviously first choice, probably the second name on the teamsheet after Ikpeazu. But when he needed to slot into central defence midweek it was Thompson brought on to take his place between the lines. Today it's Gape starting while Curtis remains on the bench. Does this suggest he's not fully fit at the moment? Or are they both seen pretty much at the same level and interchangable?

• Working from a small TV since moving house last week, but pretty sure Sky put up a picture of Josh Parker in Jordan Obita’s spot when they flashed up the teams just then...

• @JohnBoy said:
    Working from a small TV since moving house last week, but pretty sure Sky put up a picture of Josh Parker in Jordan Obita’s spot when they flashed up the teams just then...

They definitely did, yes

• The build up has been scary but I am absolutely certain we will not get a pasting.
    Disappointed Curtis not playing, for whatever reason. Haven’t been impressed with Dom Gape in his rare appearances.
    But we’re right behind the boys and look forward to a close encounter.
    COYB indeed.

• The quietest Match Day Thread of the season? The Gasroom doesn't do Sunday mornings.

• It's 5am here - I know what you mean!

• Does anyone do Sunday mornings?

• No Adeniran again.

• @bookertease said:
    Does anyone do Sunday mornings?

The Pope.

• Is that the playoff final ref?

• The fake crowd are doing us proud already.

• Anyone finding the commentary a few seconds behind?

• Wish the sun would go in.

• And the Co-commentator is incredibly irritating.

• @Shev said:
    Is that the playoff final ref?

It is.

• That was a needless free kick

• Incredibly soft free kick from the ref...

• And a phenomenal save!