Skip to content

Season Tickets

Comments

• All done now thanks

• I worry about ever thinking Wycombe are a big fish, I will ask some Ipswich, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Swannborough & Doncaster how easy it is to get out of the EFL.

• If we hadn’t of had the initial investment from the Couhigs and won promotion we’d of been floating on the bottom of the tank waiting for someone to fish us out and flush us down the toilet

• I'll waive any refund and purchase again next season if they promise to give me a real ticket that I can hold on too.??

• An excellent offer from the club to fully refund, no questions asked. I hope this helps some supporters return as season ticket holders for next season.

• @Fit2drop said:
    I worry about ever thinking Wycombe are a big fish, I will ask some Ipswich, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Swannborough & Doncaster how easy it is to get out of the EFL.

They haven't got Gareth or Dobbo though.

• @Manboobs said:
    An excellent offer from the club to fully refund, no questions asked. I hope this helps some supporters return as season ticket holders for next season.

Wilk be an interesting watch to see what happens. Purely financially its about £200 for the promise of a thank you and a party.

In real life many would see a refund as a real option to help financially. It may help buy next years ticket but it could be money just to live. We will lose season ticket holders as more jobs go. The club have taken a gamble on the emotional purchase.

I do wonder if the Trust could be more vocal on this. How would a campaign to ask for supporters to donate refunds to them go down. It would 'Protect the Quarter' but take money from the club. How would that go down with the Couhigs or the supporters?

Not been on the website to register my decision. Are next years season tickets on sale? As some of Rob Couhig's priorities were based on next years ticket.
    Also I'd be interested in the logic of the current deadline. 21st March is neither a key date for football finance or a season end. In fact it will be right in a key time of the pandemic where the risk of a further lockdown and financial pressures will be at its highest. I follow why the club want to know peoples decisions but why then?

• The most difficult situation is for the multi season ticket households, like I think @EwanHoosaami has described.

While a single like me may be satisfied with the ifollow passes as compensation, it doesn't do a job giving a family unit of 3-4 multi passes, as they'll unlikely be watching them separately.

• But it does do "a job" @Malone. Each season ticket holder has been given three options, so they can either get a full refund, part refund or effectively donate. If a family has say three tickets, then surely the obvious answer is to seek a full refund on two of the tickets.

How do you think the Couhigs could have dealt with this differently?

• @mooneyman said:
    But it does do "a job" @Malone. Each season ticket holder has been given three options, so they can either get a full refund, part refund or effectively donate. If a family has say three tickets, then surely the obvious answer is to seek a full refund on two of the tickets.

How do you think the Couhigs could have dealt with this differently?

I've said earlier that they've done superbly with their offering.
    Maybe you've misread what I've written, or I've not been clear enough.

I'm saying Ifollow passes work fantastically for a lot of us, but not so well when you have many in a household. But like you allude to, they can simply claim the refund.
    This is in no way a dig at the Couhigs at all.

• I'll be going for the part refund, happy to pay for ifollow, at the end of the day times are hard, and despite everything the club says, they have a lot more money in their pockets than I do !

Going to have to have a long hard think about next year, personally I think it's a lot of money for league one.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Manboobs said:
    An excellent offer from the club to fully refund, no questions asked. I hope this helps some supporters return as season ticket holders for next season.

Wilk be an interesting watch to see what happens. Purely financially its about £200 for the promise of a thank you and a party.

In real life many would see a refund as a real option to help financially. It may help buy next years ticket but it could be money just to live. We will lose season ticket holders as more jobs go. The club have taken a gamble on the emotional purchase.

I do wonder if the Trust could be more vocal on this. How would a campaign to ask for supporters to donate refunds to them go down. It would 'Protect the Quarter' but take money from the club. How would that go down with the Couhigs or the supporters?

Not been on the website to register my decision. Are next years season tickets on sale? As some of Rob Couhig's priorities were based on next years ticket.
    Also I'd be interested in the logic of the current deadline. 21st March is neither a key date for football finance or a season end. In fact it will be right in a key time of the pandemic where the risk of a further lockdown and financial pressures will be at its highest. I follow why the club want to know peoples decisions but why then?

I imagine it is so they can get everything done in this financial year?

• Fair play to the club, they have honoured their promise of a refund. With three ST's in the club I know that one is going to donate the iFollow money to the club, one (me) is going for a refund and donating a sum to the Trust for the Coventry game I attended.

• @Right_in_the_Middle - I had a similar idea as well to get a refund less the 23 iFollow home games and donate this to the Trust's fundraising to keep up the shareholding, so the money goes back to the club in the form of the Trust putting in equity. As you allude to the Couhigs may not want this, and WWT might not want to create bad feeling by calling for it, but it could be a useful way for those who are able to spare the money to help with that aim.

• I’m waiving the refund.

• Think the offer is spot on and worded very well. Excellent job by the Couhig’s.

• edited February 2021

I think the offers are brilliant.
    They have covered every angle and offered the best they can to each season ticket holder and catered to everyone's affordability. I don't see how they could have done any more. I think it's superb from the couhigs.

• @ReadingMarginalista said:
    @Right_in_the_Middle - I had a similar idea as well to get a refund less the 23 iFollow home games and donate this to the Trust's fundraising to keep up the shareholding, so the money goes back to the club in the form of the Trust putting in equity. As you allude to the Couhigs may not want this, and WWT might not want to create bad feeling by calling for it, but it could be a useful way for those who are able to spare the money to help with that aim.

In theory, to do this you could get the full £475 refund then make a one off donation to the trust for £245
    It’s the same idea transactionally it just isn’t done directly by the club.

• @NoelAshford said:

@ReadingMarginalista said:
    @Right_in_the_Middle - I had a similar idea as well to get a refund less the 23 iFollow home games and donate this to the Trust's fundraising to keep up the shareholding, so the money goes back to the club in the form of the Trust putting in equity. As you allude to the Couhigs may not want this, and WWT might not want to create bad feeling by calling for it, but it could be a useful way for those who are able to spare the money to help with that aim.

In theory, to do this you could get the full £475 refund then make a one off donation to the trust for £245
    It’s the same idea transactionally it just isn’t done directly by the club.

That doesn’t make sense. I think I meant get the £245 refund and then donate it to the Trust!

• @kiscokid said:
    Think the offer is spot on and worded very well. Excellent job by the Couhig’s.

Agreed

• I didnt get a ST this year due to losing my job to Covid, so not being able to afford it. I'd previously had a ST for nearly 30 years and was a member if the Trust so was a legacy member. Will I have lost this status now having had one year out?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    I didnt get a ST this year due to losing my job to Covid, so not being able to afford it. I'd previously had a ST for nearly 30 years and was a member if the Trust so was a legacy member. Will I have lost this status now having had one year out?

Strictly speaking I think the answer is yes but I wonder if it is within the Trusts rule give allow some sort of dispensation on this. I see Chairboys on the Net are asked the Trust for an answer to Legacy status if someone claims a refund on their season ticket but I believe your case is of equal status.
    We are currently in unique circumstances and I think the Trust should be able to act sensibly on this issue. I will be asking them to review this policy and I hope others do to. 30 years of season tickets should not be reset to zero because of circumstances caused by a global pandemic.

• edited February 2021

I agree. There should be some sort of life membership if you've had ten or more season tickets in your lifetime

I didnt get a ST this year due to losing my job to Covid, so not being able to afford it. I'd previously had a ST for nearly 30 years and was a member if the Trust so was a legacy member. Will I have lost this status now having had one year out?

We have this under review and a confirmed response will be out within days if not sooner.
    Legacy Members will have been expected to have fully renewed their Trust membership at the new rate to retain that status.

The Trust have had an amnesty in the past to allow members to become legacy members without the track record of recent season tickets (which was very useful to me at the time as I had been a season ticket holder for many years before higher education and work problems put the kibosh on that). The current situation is pretty much unprecedented so anyone who was unable to afford a season ticket for this season should be given a free pass IMO. If you've had a season ticket for 30 years running, a life membership wouldn't be a bad idea for WWT to consider either.

• I like the idea of a lifetime guaranteed legacy status after a set period. The Trust should offer it.

• Does legacy membership still have any rights associated with it?

• edited February 2021

Agree with what everyone says about long term season ticket holders not losing any sequences, or memberships etc.

But does anyone think a season ticket holder taking a full refund should have parity next season with someone who has bequeathed their ST fee in terms of priority on tickets?

In fairness, I can't imagine there would be many games where a season ticket holder would miss out on tickets. Maybe if we face a Wimbledon (if they're still in their current small ground) on the last day or 2 with promotion up for grabs? But that'd be a battle anyway.

• Surely can’t change legacy status now. Was the clincher for me renewing last season.

• Current small ground @Malone ??