Skip to content

Season Tickets

Comments

• No account seems to have been given to Euro 2020 in today's announcement. 21 June is three days after England play Scotland at Wembley.

• edited February 2021

@Fit2drop said:
    If anyone from WWFC reads this, could I and possibly many others have a physical season ticket for this season, I appreciate we are watching the pennies but a simple memento of a historic season would be good for me.

I agree 100% on this. I'd love a proper season ticket

@LX1 said:
    No account seems to have been given to Euro 2020 in today's announcement. 21 June is three days after England play Scotland at Wembley.

What a horrible thought to think 15 months of lockdown hell could be bought to an end with this. I think the date was agreed with this very much in mind. If the Euro's even happen

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    At least we should all be back in the ground for those Tuesday night games against Accrington and Fleetwood next season.

Standing shivering in the biting wind at half time, whilst drinking lukewarm chocolate flavoured water and listening to Slade on the Tannoy.
    Tearing up another 50/50 ticket and telling everyone who wants to know and everyone that doesn’t “I don’t know why I bother I never win”.
    Shuffling down Hillbottom road whilst dodging the traffic to get back to my own car for the hour drive home and feeling shattered at work the next day.
    I can’t wait I miss it so much.

• LX1LX1
    edited February 2021

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@LX1 said:
    No account seems to have been given to Euro 2020 in today's announcement. 21 June is three days after England play Scotland at Wembley.

What a horrible thought to think 15 months of lockdown hell could be bought to an end with this. I think the date was agreed with this very much in mind. If the Euro's even happen

Why is this a horrible thought for you? Do you dislike Scottish people?

• @ValleyWanderer said:

@Fit2drop said:

>
    Me too!

Ditto

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Fit2drop said:
    If anyone from WWFC reads this, could I and possibly many others have a physical season ticket for this season, I appreciate we are watching the pennies but a simple memento of a historic season would be good for me.

I agree 100% on this. I'd love a proper season ticket

@LX1 said:

Eng vs. Czech Rep is the 22nd. I’m hoping to be there with 89,999 others

• 20,000 max I reckon.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    20,000 max I reckon.

Why?

If pubs and nightclubs are open by that point there can’t be any justification for capping outdoor sports venues, surely? The fact the capacity is 90,000 isn’t really relevant, you’re still only within close proximity to a few hundred of them. No different to a pub, club or busy restaurant, except for the fact you’re outdoors.

• @Glenactico said:

@Blue_since_1990 said:
    20,000 max I reckon.

Why?

If pubs and nightclubs are open by that point there can’t be any justification for capping outdoor sports venues, surely? The fact the capacity is 90,000 isn’t really relevant, you’re still only within close proximity to a few hundred of them. No different to a pub, club or busy restaurant, except for the fact you’re outdoors.

The reason usually given is the close proximity when using public transport?

• But 22 June will be the day after all legal limits on social contact in England are scheduled to end. If that doesn't slip and the Euros aren't cancelled, then surely there is no reason not to expect a full house?

• I bet there won’t be.

• LX1LX1
    edited February 2021

I bet if there isn't, UEFA's priority will be:

1. UEFA officials, UEFA officials' wives', all Uefa officials' wives'
      friends, their families, their families’ servants, their
      families’ servants’ tennis partners, and some chap I
      bumped into the mess the other day called Bernard

2. Organised crime

3. Sponsors

4. err..fans of the competing teams

• It's a bit optimistic to think you can go from no crowds to 90,000 overnight!
    Bearing in mind there would at most have been 1 weekend of premier league football allowing 10,000 max beforehand.
    Which could cause havoc if there's any major placings to be decided, and suddenly certain clubs get a home crowd after nothing all year,

• I'm not sure that the public transport system will be up to capacity that quickly either, so I'm inclined to agree with @Malone that it's optimistic.

• It just makes sense to wait for next season. Utilise the natural 2-3month break, and do it properly, all in come August I reckon.

• Don't forget the playoffs. Can't see it being a problem if allowed by the government.

• Clubs don’t seem to be mentioning how much they are missing fans as much in recent weeks. I wonder if it’s become so normal they’ll forget to open the gates when we can come back.

In all seriousness though to go to no fans to a full house in one go seems a bit scary to me.

• edited February 2021

The club mailed out today, giving 3 options on season tickets

1) Take a full refund - no questions asked
    2) Take a partial refund - season ticket fee minus £230 for the 23 ifollow home games
    3) Take no refund.

Superb from the club, you really can't say that response is anything short of top class.

In effect the 6 midweek aways, and the 2 games we got in for are "freebies" if you take option 1 or 2.
    But the sweetener for going option 3, is kudos from the club (nice), and top priority for any games next season (very nice)

I took my refund for the 4 non played games last season, but I think I'll go option 3 - no refund, this season.
    After all I've watched every game, and got in for the maximum games allowed - albeit only two.

Bit less sure on keeping season ticket prices the same for next season if we are to go down though.
    £494 for league 1 has to be top 2/3 in the division pricing wise.

• Key bit of patter

"However, if you are in a position to waive your refund, it would certainly be appreciated. We will make sure you know how much you are appreciated. You will be guaranteed the absolute highest priority status that probably any season ticket holder has benefitted from in the history of this club. Trust me, you will be front of the queue at every opportunity, and receive invitations to join Missy, Pete, and me at an exclusive party and pre-season activities at Adams Park."

• @Malone said:

Bit less sure on keeping season ticket prices the same for next season if we are to go down though.

Surely, if any supporter thinks next seasons ticket is overpriced they can exercise option 2, which would in effectively reduce the cost of a 2021/22 ticket to a level the supporter considers fair.

Personally, I am happy to not ask for any refund and buy another ticket at the published price. Remember we will hopefully be a big fish in a small pond next season!

• edited February 2021

Yes. I think I will bite the bullet and waive the refund...though no-one tell Mrs W!
    (I'm still hopeful we'll be stinking up the Championship...)

• Difficult to compare last season with next in any useful way.

• @mooneyman said:

@Malone said:

Surely, if any supporter thinks next seasons ticket is overpriced they can exercise option 2, which would in effectively reduce the cost of a 2021/22 ticket to a level the supporter considers fair.

Personally, I am happy to not ask for any refund and buy another ticket at the published price. Remember we will hopefully be a big fish in a small pond next season!

I'm not sure we'll be by any means a big team in league 1. But we hopefully will be a very competitive one.
    And i'll no doubt do what you'll do, but reserve the right to think "this is steep".

• edited February 2021

@Malone said:

@mooneyman said:

@Malone said:

I'm not sure we'll be by any means a big team in league 1. But we hopefully will be a very competitive one.
    And i'll no doubt do what you'll do, but reserve the right to think "this is steep".

As you probably knew I was being flippant.

• @mooneyman said:

@Malone said:

@mooneyman said:

@Malone said:

As you probably new I was being flippant.

I'm not new at all mate, been here for years ;)

• has anyone actually tried yet to register your season ticket decision for 2021/22? The email gives what appear to be simple instructions - which I've followed - but no box has appeared for me to select an option!

• Doh - can't read, or delete my post above! Sorted.

• @adamspark said:
    has anyone actually tried yet to register your season ticket decision for 2021/22? The email gives what appear to be simple instructions - which I've followed - but no box has appeared for me to select an option!

I just tried as well and no options came up either.

• Probably not expecting anyone to instantly try and do it on a Friday night I expect!

• @Aylesburyblue said:

@adamspark said:
    has anyone actually tried yet to register your season ticket decision for 2021/22? The email gives what appear to be simple instructions - which I've followed - but no box has appeared for me to select an option!

I just tried as well and no options came up either.

There’s a little square icon in the season ticket season of your account. Click on it and it’ll expand, with the decision option there.