Skip to content

Denis Adeniran

2»

Comments

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    If I was five pints in at a game I'd miss the whole thing, spending the entire 90 minutes in the loo.

A lot of seasons that’s been an advantage...

• @ChasHarps said:
    He will start on the Tories 3rd female PM next !!

Best one yet though (admittedly not difficult)

• @ChasHarps said:
    He will start on the Tories 3rd female PM next !!

Priti Patel is 25/1 at Betfred!

• I think @ChasHarps was referring to the current occupant of No 10 who is pulling the strings these days @mooneyman.

I am actually finding this puppet master infinitely preferable to the previous one (although anyone - or anything - would be a vast improvement).

The puppet does look in need of replacement though

• The puppet certainly needs a haircut.

• Replacement? Massive landslide (even from the unwashed North!), a smooth delivery of a economy enhancing Brexit and steering us effortlessly through a global pandemic, all with a smile, an off colour joke, a bit of Latin and war-time nostalgia, surely a job for life for our tousled haired Churchill? Though obviously Carrie is one of his Generals. :smiley:

• Interesting comments re David Wheeler on here. I have to be honest and say he's the one player in the team that doesn't really do it for me. I often watch the games and realise that around 25 minutes in he's touched the ball, and that's the first time I've really noticed him. I certainly don't consider myself an analytical student of the game, and if the truth were told, like others on here I'm more into the emotional side of it, and the big dramatic moments, rather than watching dispassionately and analysing everything in fine detail.

• edited February 2021

@NewburyWanderer said:
    Interesting comments re David Wheeler on here. I have to be honest and say he's the one player in the team that doesn't really do it for me. I often watch the games and realise that around 25 minutes in he's touched the ball, and that's the first time I've really noticed him. I certainly don't consider myself an analytical student of the game, and if the truth were told, like others on here I'm more into the emotional side of it, and the big dramatic moments, rather than watching dispassionately and analysing everything in fine detail.

Agree with you.
    He does a decent job, and the Bloomfield esque "thankless" role in a way.

But I'd struggle to go too far beyond "solid".

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    Interesting comments re David Wheeler on here. I have to be honest and say he's the one player in the team that doesn't really do it for me. I often watch the games and realise that around 25 minutes in he's touched the ball, and that's the first time I've really noticed him. I certainly don't consider myself an analytical student of the game, and if the truth were told, like others on here I'm more into the emotional side of it, and the big dramatic moments, rather than watching dispassionately and analysing everything in fine detail.

It’s easy to think he doesn’t do much. Sometimes out on the wing maybe that’s fair but in the centre everything comes through him and he makes so many short passes he really ups our tempo. I would also suggest that Mehmeti benefits from having him next to or near him to tutor him in the game.

• I used to think the same about Wheeler but I started really paying attention to him after some comments on here from the more knowledgeable posters and now I totally get it. Most of the time you don’t notice Wheeler in the same way you don’t notice a ref having a great game. He just does everything very well. Mostly not brilliant or flashy, just very well with barely a single mistake, so in the flow of the game there’s very little there to nudge your brain that he’s there - our brains light up at the flashy and the errors.

I say “mostly” not brilliant because his heading is outstanding, probably the best in the squad.

• He also puts it about a bit @drcongo a few yellows here and there but like JJ I think refs often think he's a pleasant young fellow who just made a slight error.

• Glad a few people understand where I'm coming from, at least to some extent. Perhaps, like @drcongo , I'll just need to start paying closer attention to what he does.
    Won't forget the goals against the Franchise last season, and the Owls this, in a hurry though.

• This thread title is so David Wheeler

• Another no show for our premier league loan. I hope he’s more Matt Spring than Gavin Grant.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Another no show for our premier league loan. I hope he’s more Matt Spring than Gavin Grant.

Quite an unnecessary comment.

Another no show for our premier league loan. I hope he’s more Matt Spring than Gavin Grant.

Bizarre comment. Why would he be anything like Grant?

• Think it’s called humour chaps

• @kiscokid said:
    Think it’s called humour chaps

You’re aware Grant went down for murder, yes?

• ‘Gallows humour’ by the way I’m not endorsing it just not offended either

• Not offended, just don’t think it’s necessary.

• Oh god people are twitchy on here sometimes. I was more alluding to Gavin’s disappearance and mystery at the time. If you believe that I meant that Denis is inked to 2 gang related murders then that’s on you

Oh god people are twitchy on here sometimes. I was more alluding to Gavin’s disappearance and mystery at the time. If you believe that I meant that Denis is inked to 2 gang related murders then that’s on you

You made the link, no one else.

Made the bench today. Are you happy to rule out that he could be another Gavin Grant yet?

• @JohnBoy said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

Made the bench today. Are you happy to rule out that he could be another Gavin Grant yet?

Why are you dragging up that crass comment again?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@JohnBoy said:

Because he made the squad tonight.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@JohnBoy said:

Agree most odd