Skip to content

Match day thread: Reading

Comments

• Uche should not be on pens. Terrible.

• In the category of on target efforts, that’s about the worst I can remember. Great game though.

If I was a Reading fan I’d be fuming about our surrounding the ref a few minutes minutes ago after the foot up foul.

• Ref will continue playing until Reading score.

• @HCblue said:
    In the category of on target efforts, that’s about the worst I can remember. Great game though.

If I was a Reading fan I’d be fuming about our surrounding the ref a few minutes minutes ago after the foot up foul.

It was a bizarrely over the top reaction when Gape had ducked into a fairly high foot.

We're obviously still reeling from that Bournemouth away Pattison one.

• Famous victory

• Get the f*@k in.

• That is a magnificent win! It’s so much fun beating Reading.

• Get in

Fantastic result - great 10 man performance for the last 20+ minutes

Bring on Norwich

• The turning point for the season? Could it be...

• .....and breathe!!!! F**king hell....... That was intense ?

• Enormous relief for Uche.

• I knew I should have trusted my newly acquired WWFC 1 - 0 Covid wrist band ...

• To the posters slagging Taf off, he's basically won us the game there. Dreadful comments

• And breathe. Given ourselves a sniff now if we can win that game in hand we are 5 off Birmingham in 21st

• Stewart, Knight, Grimmer & Stocko were immense tonight

Great cameo from Curtis as well

• edited February 2021

Superb.
    Two clean sheets in a row too.

Gets us up to that 23 pointer too so we can soon put that to bed.

• @drcongo said:
    Side note: I’m becoming a huge Stockdale fan tonight.

TACRITE

• Stockdale has not conceded yet. Not sure we can really go back to Rocky unless he does.

• @eric_plant I'm glad I held off from posting too hastily.

Taffy will still be out for 3 games, though, but agree the "tactical" push looks a good move now

• @Shev said:
    Stockdale has not conceded yet. Not sure we can really go back to Rocky unless he does.

Absolutely no reason to make a change for now.

• Brilliant win - I have not been that nervous in a while.

• Sky don’t do replays. Was the sending off onside or not?

• Great win.... Tafs a hero

• @Wetherby_blue said:
    Knight needs subbing. He is not on it tonight.

Not sure that post aged well.

• IFollow switched to the Luton game just in time for them to concede a late equalizer which was a nice extra treat.

• That's an exceptional result and a true old fashioned Wycombe second half sh*thousing. Hope Taf being out doesn't mess up the new system too much - assume Knight back to CB and Thompson in midfield for Norwich. Come on boys!

• So...who should be taking pens? I am not convinced by Obita, and I would go Mehmeti if he is on the pitch. Maybe even Wheeler.

• @Twizz said:
    @eric_plant I'm glad I held off from posting too hastily.

Taffy will still be out for 3 games, though, but agree the "tactical" push looks a good move now

It’s one game for a professional foul. Only 3 for violent conduct.