Skip to content

Season Tickets

Comments

• Not often I agree with @glasshalffull . Outrageous analogy. No problem in terms of disagreeing but come on @drcongo , you don’t need to stoop to that level.

• Godwin's law, short for Godwin's law (or rule) of Nazi analogies, is an Internet adage asserting that "as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1".

• It’s a Steve Coogan quote. Obviously a bit too obscure, sorry.

• Gosh...I only opened this thread to ask what we thought the club would do about season tickets as some prem clubs were offering refunds...Hitler...come on?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Isn't it a law that the first mention of Hitler on a thread indicates it is time to close it?

I thought it was Mr Swann.

• So returning to the original topic, is the club going to publish its policy for refunds or alternatively credits etc.
    I personally would prefer to allow the club to keep my money but I know there are others who are struggling in these difficult times and a few £100 pounds would help a lot.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    So returning to the original topic, is the club going to publish its policy for refunds or alternatively credits etc.
    I personally would prefer to allow the club to keep my money but I know there are others who are struggling in these difficult times and a few £100 pounds would help a lot.

I doubt it, it would encourage requests, I'd have thought anyone who wants a refund can apply to the club.

• This has to be one of the all time nuts threads in terms of topic swing.

• I guess we all have too much time on our hands!

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    This has to be one of the all time nuts threads in terms of topic swing.

Dev wasn't even responsible for the deviation!

• Whilst I am lucky enough not to need a refund, I would like a physical season ticket, i have my season tickets going back to my childhood. So if the club are looking at this thread please think on this.

• Very good point @Fit2drop, I would also have liked a tangible season ticket.

• Remember how exciting it used to be to get the plastic wallet through the post with the paper vouchers that would be ripped off each match?

• @eric_plant said:
    Remember how exciting it used to be to get the plastic wallet through the post with the paper vouchers that would be ripped off each match?

And getting halfway up Hillbottom road before remembering you left the bloody thing at home.

• edited February 2021

@eric_plant said:
    Remember how exciting it used to be to get the plastic wallet through the post with the paper vouchers that would be ripped off each match?

I loved the huge amounts of letter vouchers you got at the back and getting excited thinking of all the ‘big’ away and cup games they might be needed for if we had a great season! Most seasons don’t think (m)any were used - even the 2000/01 remember having a lot of letters left!

• @glasshalffull said:

@bigred87 said:
    Depends on where my money is going...

If it's going to the trust i'd happily let it be.

If it's going in the pockets of a Republican I'll be requesting a refund.

So you condemn the man who rescued our club because you dislike his political beliefs?

You are aware of what Republicans support i presume..... Of course i wouldn't let him have my money.

• You are aware that not everyone is a Democrat, I presume? You are obviously unaware that the money goes to the club, not to the owner’s private bank account.

• @wwfc_since_1993 said:

@eric_plant said:

I loved the huge amounts of letter vouchers you got at the back and getting excited thinking of all the ‘big’ away and cup games they might be needed for if we had a great season! Most seasons don’t think (m)any were used - even the 2000/01 remember having a lot of letters left!

For 'bring your own games in day' on the last day of term, we would pool all our letter vouchers and play Scrabble. This was rubbish, as you would have the same limited number of each letter (as well as no 'A' which had gone on West Brom or Norwich in the Cup). The internet has ruined nearly everything. Although you can get pictures of Rachael Riley and pretend she is dealing the letters out.

• @glasshalffull said:
    You are aware that not everyone is a Democrat, I presume? You are obviously unaware that the money goes to the club, not to the owner’s private bank account.

My original post pretty much said I'm happy for the club/trust to have it..

• Fair enough, I just don’t understand why you needed to bring politics into it.

• Oldham have announced all season ticket holders will receive a £40 refund on a £270 ticket for this season. I believe slightly cheaper prices for next season too.

• So that’s me shit out on 2 season tickets then.

Memo to self don’t buy an unplanned second season ticket on the night of a play off triumph

• Bad news: not getting back in this season
    Good news: full house possible for next season

*if everything goes to the government’s plan...what could possibly go wrong?!?

• Do we count as outdoor hospitality in April or is that all maximum of 6 people?

• Apparently not. May 17th

• Yes @Glenactico, (possible/probable) good news indeed. Tinged with a little sadness for me (and many others on the Gasroom) as I'd had to miss the opportunity to see the mighty blues in the Championship when limited tickets were available last year. Fingers more than crossed that we can pull off the 'greatest escape' and I get to see them next season but I remain unbelievably proud of the achievements of this entire team (players and support). Promotion from Championship and L1 is unbelievably difficult so I've no serious expectations of that should the drop happen (or indeed should we stay up!). COYV and COYB!

• At least we should all be back in the ground for those Tuesday night games against Accrington and Fleetwood next season.

• If anyone from WWFC reads this, could I and possibly many others have a physical season ticket for this season, I appreciate we are watching the pennies but a simple memento of a historic season would be good for me.

• Covid 2020/21? I'm in @Fit2drop (I wanted an old school one anyway...)