Skip to content

Match day thread: Millwall

Comments

• It’s back to blood and thunder today. Not a game at this stage for Anis.

• Horgan is constantly offside - I keep seeing two Millwall defenders between him and the goal.

• Midfield non existent at the moment

• Anis looked alright there.

• Anis getting into it now.

• It must be tough for Matt and Dan not having monitors.

• This is awful.

However, perfect game to nick a goal

• Can teams be deducted points for pitches this poor?

@micra said:
    It must be tough for Matt and Dan not having monitors.

Like watching a game pre Covid when we were allowed in to grounds really

• This is a proper, ugly scrap on a terrible pitch. Mehmeti is going to be the key here - when we've got him on the ball in their half up until now we look like we can break them down. Fine margins in this one again.

• Don’t get that @Right_in_the_Middle .
    They are missing out on replays.

• Dreadful quality so far.

But could be the ideal scene for us to poach this second half.

• Not a classic so far. Scrappy and lacking in quality, reminds me of the home game against Birmingham.
    Surprised that Millwall haven’t been better because they’ve had some good results recently.

• It’s a poacher’s pitch alright @Malone !

• Not sure why we are going aerial against a great aerial team, pitch notwithstanding. We have defended really well, though.

• Dull match but the only thing annoying me is the kid on commentary duty. He loves the sound of his voice far too much and needs to learn to stick to summarising rather than part-interviewing, past wrestling the main commentary off Matt (and for goodness sake get the sound levels between the two of them equal).

• Not seen much due to iFollow issues. Don't seem to have missed much!

• Are Matt and Dan doing the radio commentary? If so, might be difficult at times to work out what's actually happening on the field.

• They had a lot of snow last weekend (or whenever it was) plus much more rain than we’ve had. The groudsmen were working on it right up to kickoff. It’s really soggy which I suppose makes passing difficult and risky (at least in our own half).

• They’ve put the effing sprinklers on now!!!

• @Shev said:
    Not sure why we are going aerial against a great aerial team, pitch notwithstanding. We have defended really well, though.

This. Could be any game with Bayo up front when the sole tactic is to hoof it to him and players are almost trained to lose any confidence in their ability to do anything other than lift the ball somewhere near the penalty area.

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    Are Matt and Dan doing the radio commentary? If so, might be difficult at times to work out what's actually happening on the field.

I believe that Phil is doing the 3CR commentary from their studio. I think Matt and Dan are just on ifollow.

• Difficult to put your finger on why we looked so sharp v derby and 2nd half v Huddersfield and then this tepid showing.

• We’re being out-Wycombised.

• Solid first half, Millwall only lost seven games all season but have drawn 14 and you can see why.
    Substitutions going to be the key. Two of Adeniran, Ofoborh and Gape might make a big difference as Knight and Wheeler start to tire having started three in 7 days. I would think replacing those two, one in 60th and other in 70th, would give us some fresh legs and impetus.
    Horgan and Fred tracking back reasonably well. Would like to see them switch wings occasionally.
    Uche very quiet and ball not sticking today so far, hopefully he can turn it around 2nd half.

• @aloysius said:
    Dull match but the only thing annoying me is the kid on commentary duty. He loves the sound of his voice far too much and needs to learn to stick to summarising rather than part-interviewing, past wrestling the main commentary off Matt (and for goodness sake get the sound levels between the two of them equal).

It’s his first ever game doing commentary. Takes some learning.

• Dan sounds fine to me.

• Interesting to see Stockdale absolutely glued to his line there.

• Uche has to learn to look up in his runs.
    That's two games running he's had a runner coming onto the box centrally, and he's still insisted on punting a shot in over the bar off balance at an angle.

• The amount of contact Uche’s having to deal with.

• @aloysius said:
    Dull match but the only thing annoying me is the kid on commentary duty. He loves the sound of his voice far too much and needs to learn to stick to summarising rather than part-interviewing, past wrestling the main commentary off Matt (and for goodness sake get the sound levels between the two of them equal).

He's ok.
    Don't knock enthusiastic kids. I'd long prefer an over enthusiastic kid to some middle aged drone who sounds like they'd want to be elsewhere, any day.

(in general - we miss Big Phil on these for certain)