Skip to content

Match day thread: Millwall

Comments

• What's the lion reaching out to attack? Marxists?

• edited February 2021

Looks like it's going in for a big friendly hug to me. Very Millwall

• I mean I cannot say for certain without knowing his background but I would suggest that Lion having worked tirelessly across the community to.improve inclusion for years is plainly owning the Libtards...

• Is the lion wearing glasses?

• @arnos_grove said:
    Is the lion wearing glasses?

Let’s hope the Lino has his or hers with them this afternoon.

• Can lions even take a knee?

• The lion is finding it almost impossible to get up after taking the knee.

• @Brownie said:
    Can lions even take a knee?

It may be doing the best it can in this picture. I’m surprised it hasn’t been booed off the badge.

• Billy Mitchell plays for Milwall despite supporting West Ham in Eastenders

• Billy Mitchell - same age (bar a couple of months), same height (5’11”), same position (midfielder) as Anis Mehmeti. Let’s see if he’s as good!
    Anis’s playing record (14 appearances, 2 goals) is exactly the same as.......

• Mehmet was Ali Osmans brother in East Enders !!
    Also a Dave Mehmet who played for Millwall and Fisher.
    If I remember correctly Mehmet was one of the well known Fisher players that didnt arrive at Loakes Park for there 6-1 thrashing, shortly after chairman Dogan Afif's arrest .

• Sorry Dogan Arif.

• .......his playing record at Woodford Town. Bet you weren’t expecting that!

• In a senior career spanning more than 20 years, Dave Mehmet played for more than a dozen clubs, including Tampa Bay Rowdies, Maidstone (my hometown club),
    Charlton Athletic (where my late brother was a lifelong supporter and board member), as well as Alma Swanley and Bromley (where my brother optician practices.)

Mehmet’s middle name is Nedjate.

• had optician practices.
  • @Micra, sometimes reading the last post in a thread leaves me wondering just what has been said higher up? ?

• Are you referring to the.......post @Twizz ?
    What I did there wouldn’t have worked if I’d copied down the prequel.

• Guess the minute the officials make a game changing decision against us. I will start with 31st minute.

• Today's ref is 4 times A-League referee of the year Jarrad Gillett (middle name Gavan).

So expect a few close shaves

• Klaxon time!

• I guess the Allsop out brigade will be put to the test by 5pm!

• @LX1 said:
    Today's ref is 4 times A-League referee of the year Jarrad Gillett (middle name Gavan).

Hope I’m not tempting fate, but he’s one of the better refs I’ve seen in the Championship this season.

• At least this time round Stockdale has had a few games to get a bit of match fitness up.

Let's hope he's on it.

• No chairboys live today? Or can I just not find it?

• @glasshalffull said:

@LX1 said:
    Today's ref is 4 times A-League referee of the year Jarrad Gillett (middle name Gavan).

Hope I’m not tempting fate, but he’s one of the better refs I’ve seen in the Championship this season.

They mic'd up his last game in the A-League, he was very well respected I believe.

• I like the way the tweet says Rocky "collected" an injury, as if he has some on his mantlepiece...

• @Shev said:
    I like the way the tweet says Rocky "collected" an injury, as if he has some on his mantlepiece...

Gives the impression that he came off his line to get it.