Skip to content

Squad list - no Darius?

2»

Comments

• In a variant of the question, Tom Cruise uses his middle name as his last name. You have to love his real last name - Mapother.

• Is that how the TomTom got it's name?

• @DevC said:
    Pretty sure Elvis’s first name was Elvis.

Orson Welles was really George and Rudyard Kipling was Joseph. Damn good at making cakes though.

Little known fact is that Johnson’s real first name is actually “that”. His middle name is apparently “wanker”.

Sorry I got that confused from his supposedly wrongly spelt name on his grave.
    He always used to spell his name Aron and not Aaron that is on his grave.

• Jack or Jackie Charlton was actually John !!

• @ChasHarps said:

@DevC said:
    Pretty sure Elvis’s first name was Elvis.

Orson Welles was really George and Rudyard Kipling was Joseph. Damn good at making cakes though.

Little known fact is that Johnson’s real first name is actually “that”. His middle name is apparently “wanker”.

Sorry I got that confused from his supposedly wrongly spelt name on his grave.
    He always used to spell his name Aron and not Aaron that is on his grave.

My sister-in-law is named after him. Elvaaron. My father-in-law was a Rocker. Sorted out a few Mods on the South Coast back in the day so the stories go. Liked a Plymouth Convertible for cruising Blackpool sea front in the 1970’s.

Elvaaron prefers the name Ellie.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Jack or Jackie Charlton was actually John !!

Weirdly, jack was always a diminutive form of John. My grandad was always known as Jack but was in fact a John.

• Oh, and comedian Romesh Ranganathan’s first name is the very Sri Lankan sounding Jonathan.

• Andy Kerr's middle name was Alphonso !!

• My uncle Jack was a John.

• My father’s other brother was a Bert (no idea what his berth name was).

• My middle name is Chas.

• Michael Chas Ralph?

That’s a great name!

• Roger Chas Whitaker !!

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    Michael Chas Ralph?

That’s a great name!

Whoops @Lloyd2084 - that’s my cover blown!! But Michael Charles if you don’t mind. Just wanted to show empathy towards towards that walking compendium of Wycombe (and much more besides) knowledge - Mr Harps.

• I look more like Noddy Holder than Roger Whittaker currently @ChasHarps and I took a selfie the other day to replace the current mugshot but it was a mess of wispy greying hair, tired bloated eyes and wrinkles so I’m sticking to the old one.

• Sir Nod of Holder is a hero of mine !!
    The fact that the PNL did an awful cover of My oh My in 1986, was one of the great crimes against music.

• Richard Gere's middle name is Tiffany

• Traditionally Bert is the diminutive of Robin but more recently had been used as diminutive for Robert

• @micra said:
    My father’s other brother was a Bert (no idea what his berth name was).

Was he in the navy?

• One of his sons (Reg and Fred) was in the navy @ChasHarps. Possibly both I am hoping that you are going to reveal a connection/memory but, knowing how witty you and others are on here, I’m guessing that you’re picking up on my deliberate misspelling of birth - to incorporate bert.