Skip to content

Match day thread: Derby

Comments

• How fucking horrible was that

• Robbed!

• Gutting. Such a great performance.

• proud of how we played...Derby were so lucky to be even in the game nevermore win it

• Worst late goal of the season. Even worse than Rotherham and Norwich.

It really is the hope that kills you.

• Another kick in the guts and just didn't deserve that

• Of all the sucker punches we've taken this season, that is by an absolute mile the worst of the lot.

• Great effort from the lads, a cruel blow, undeserved after a great performance.

• Really gutting. Need to create more for all our fine play though

• Unbelievable how we’ve lost that, wow. Best performance of the year for me. Nice to see quick free kicks and allsop kicking it short for once. Suprised to see Mehmeti come off for a Gapey who hasn’t played. Lost our intent with that change. Oh well roll on Saturday

• (Albeit fair and square.)

• Absolutely undeserved but typical of this season.

• Gutted. How did we lose that. Derby are shocking

• I think 'we was robbed' is quite apt tonight. Heartbreaking after such a good performance. Sick as a parrot!

• Well played Wycombe. Can smile at this kind of loss!
    Kevin friend, well played sir. Spot on

• edited February 2021

Thats what I thought @Shev - the Derby player conned the ref but we made it easy for him to do so

• @leo030500 said:
    Unbelievable how we’ve lost that, wow. Best performance of the year for me. Nice to see quick free kicks and allsop kicking it short for once. Suprised to see Mehmeti come off for a Gapey who hasn’t played. Lost our intent with that change. Oh well roll on Saturday

Yup. We lost quite a bit of attacking shape when e subs happened. No criticism of anyone else but Mehmeti is a dream to watch. We were a bit hoofy for the last fifteen minutes.

• Thought Kevin Friend overall had a really good game - what a difference a proper ref makes

• Allsop should have done better. Saw the shot coming all the way for the first shot that hit the post. Poor goalkeeping.

• Well that was a swift kick in the crown jewels

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Thought Kevin Friend overall had a really good game - what a difference a proper ref makes

Refreshing

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Thought Kevin Friend overall had a really good game - what a difference a proper ref makes

Shame he couldn't bring along a competent assistant.

• @davecz said:
    Allsop should have done better. Saw the shot coming all the way for the first shot that hit the post. Poor goalkeeping.

Oh please. It was a good save. Their centre half did a great finish and was allowed to as he was not picked up. Tired brains. When you give away a free kick like that when you are knackered it was a foregone conclusion. Sadly

• You can always rely on @davecz to find the negative.

• Brilliant performance again, Lady Luck not with us.
    Immensely proud of the last two games, real blend of passing and direct play.
    Let’s keep it up and keep going.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@davecz said:
    Allsop should have done better. Saw the shot coming all the way for the first shot that hit the post. Poor goalkeeping.

Oh please. It was a good save. Their centre half did a great finish and was allowed to as he was not picked up. Tired brains. When you give away a free kick like that when you are knackered it was a foregone conclusion. Sadly

It felt like a goal the second they got awarded the free kick didn't it? Almost as though we sense the sucker punch coming. Absolutely gutted tonight.

• To be honest, at this stage I'd far prefer to see us play some sexy football and lose 2-1 than I would see 90 mins of hoofball and... lose 2-1. We looked stupendous today, some real silky play on the ground, using the width of the pitch. I'm so glad we've got to see us play like a Championship team, even if it won't now keep us up.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Taff isnt really a ball playing defender is he? Some of his passing is terrible.

His defending was pretty good tonight, but yeah, shades of Luke Oliver in the passing. My only criticism of an otherwise excellent performance all round. I can take defeat much easier when we play such inventive, joyous football. Even when the manner of the defeat is so cruel.

• These last couple of games we’ve been incredible we’ve just got keep doing it and the results will come