Skip to content

Match day thread: Derby

Comments

• Officials need to be reminded that they need to be certain.
    Not just seeing that Horgan is 5 yards clear so "probably" was offside.

• Looked onside to me but I have no flag.

• Having seen the still I take it back - it's not close. He's miles onside. That is the worst decision this season so far and that's saying something. Beyond infuriating

• We all thought it'd been ruled out for the cheek of taking it too quickly.
    Amazing to flag that offside.

Oh well.

Classic comeback time.

• Seen it back and that is 100% onside. Another dreadful decision.

• Miles onside. The ref simply guessed.

• The ref didn’t give it...the linesman did

• Róoney spits every time the camera zooms in on him. Not nice.

• I am seething at that decision. The lino can't guess there

• Linos just guess all the time, they often aren't aware they are in a situation until there's a shout and you can't then go back to see when the ball was played.

• If we had VAR we would not even be in the bottom three.

• We've been the better team here and would be ahead if it wasn't for that decision. I think that's the worst one against us yet this season.

• People moan about VAR in the top flight, but that would have taken a second to see that was legit.

• @Shev said:
    If we had VAR we would not even be in the bottom three.

I was thinking about this earlier on. I don’t know if it was make up to 10 points, but we’d certainly be closer.

• What's this co-commentator chap on about? Gaz doesn't have the "trust" in Mehmeti that he once did?!

• VAR can decide of a toe nail is onside. I'm not sure Horgsn would have even been in the freeze frame.
    Shocking decision

• Yes, it would depend on how games went from that point, but it's quite possible we'd have 6 just from today and Sheffield Wednesday without those blatant misses, let alone all the others.

• McCleary has been wasteful so far. Been disappointed with him lately.

• I honestly cannot believe we are losing this.

• edited February 2021

Does anyone actually have a still looking along the line? Seen it back on iPlayer but that's not clear as I can't really see the no 3 on the near side.

• Massive centre back coming off.
    We need to take every little advantage of these sort of things.

• @Twizz said:
    Does anyone actually have a still looking along the line? Seen it back on iPlayer but that's not clear as I can't really see the no 3 on the near side.

Look at the angle of the technical area round the dugout. Not in the same county as the defender, never offside.

• Derby have been terrible. How are we losing this game

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Derby have been terrible. How are we losing this game

They must surely improve in the second half...? I think we've actually played even better than Saturday too.

• We’ve been decent here since we got to grips with them. Certainly don’t deserve to be behind.

• Uche does not like a pass. 2 players near him in a better position there

• Uche much more deadly around our goal

• Played very well there. Thanks lino.

• One of the better 45 minutes we've had this season without the goal. Genuine case of 1-0 to the linesman here.