Skip to content

Match day thread: Derby

Comments

• A sleeping ram. Ah, that’s nice.

• Let's be honest, they just chose a different creature and copied our badge, didn't they?

• Same team please Gareth ???

• @arnos_grove said:
    A sleeping ram. Ah, that’s nice.

Unusual fetish

• Baaaaa, that's nice, surely.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Same team please Gareth ???

This

• On the horns of a dilemma?

• Would be happy with the same side but would understand if Thompson came in for Tafa with Knight moving back into defence.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Would be happy with the same side but would understand if Thompson came in for Tafa with Knight moving back into defence.

Interested in the logic on this. I don't see it. Why would we rotate Tafa out?

What's kick off time tonight?

• Huge game tonight. A good performance and result and we will have our confidence restored that we can stay up this year. COYB

• I would hope to see the same team starting at least to keep some sort of continuity with changes coming only for injuries or as the game goes on. May be a game too far to risk JJ though if he was feeling it after Saturday...which is a shame as that game showed we have certainly missed his deadball skills.

• If they're desperate to get Curtis back in then Wheeler might be better placed to drop out. Wouldn't mess for the sake of it but don't know relative fitness. Curtis from the bench could also be a good steadying pressence where needed in the same way that the guy who's at Orient who's name must not be mentioned might but hasn't done consistently.
    Wonder if McCarthy might get a go on back of Grimmers involvement in the goals and his dead ball ability. Not necessarily suggesting it, think you need to be able to occasionally have a bad game without that being you automatically out or you never build any consistency.

• I think its almost certain there will be some changes to the side. Even as an armchair supporter the games are coming at a frightening frequency.

• I’ve not watched 2 games this season, Wednesday at home and Huddersfield away.

Another night off iFollow for me.

• Brave to make too many changes. A tweak to accommodate Thompson maybe but Knight in midfield was excellent as was Wheeler so it would have to be Horgan or McCleary that made way - which then changes the shape.

• Admittedly I have never played the game to any level and certainly not professionally but if the players are not playing they would be training...(which for us seems to hold as many dangers as a match) so the idea that games coming 'thick and fast' is too much for a player confuses me a bit. Perhaps those more experienced can enlighten me.

• Ermmm intensity levels over 90 minutes are somewhat different for a start

• This is going to be an interesting game, because it should show us if the Huddersfield turnaround was a new dawn, or simply a shooting star.

• @kiscokid said:
    Ermmm intensity levels over 90 minutes are somewhat different for a start

I get that but Sunday off...a bit of light training Monday...but injuries aside professional players should be okay for a match the following Tuesday night shouldn't they?
    ( I basically mean...I hope that same team plays!)

• @Wendoverman said:

@kiscokid said:
    Ermmm intensity levels over 90 minutes are somewhat different for a start

I get that but Sunday off...a bit of light training Monday...but injuries aside professional players should be okay for a match the following Tuesday night shouldn't they?
    ( I basically mean...I hope that same team plays!)

I agree with you @Wendoverman you wouldve thought that professional athletes should be able to handle 180 minutes of football a week if they are injury free. Though I guess others wont agree.

• I don’t think playing the games is a problem because most players would rather play than train, but obviously there is less time to recover from injuries and general muscle fatigue.

• @glasshalffull said:
    I don’t think playing the games is a problem because most players would rather play than train, but obviously there is less time to recover from injuries and general muscle fatigue.

I quite understand...it's taken me four or five days to get over most of our recent games!
    :smile:

• @Wendoverman said:

@glasshalffull said:
    I don’t think playing the games is a problem because most players would rather play than train, but obviously there is less time to recover from injuries and general muscle fatigue.

I quite understand...it's taken me four or five days to get over most of our recent games!
    :smile:

There's lots of sport science stuff on the web if anyone is interested. This is the content that we want here.

• Hoping for same side - Knight in midfield - unchanged back four to settle.

As for the badge, too minimalist for me.

• A change is needed to complete in the middle of the pitch. Derby typically play a 5man mid!
    Horgan swaps with tommo.
    Hopefully jj fit.
    Knight and tommo dms
    Push Mehmeti into the hole wheeler and mccleary narrow wide big man up top

• Am I right in thinking the game is ok sky red button as well as ifollow.
    Much as I hate sky I think I’ve had enough of buffering and finishing the game 10 mins later than anyone else

• Tried to sign into ifollow, clearly a bit too keen tonight!

No Bayo or Bloomfield even on the bench. Knocks, or a little mid season break after giving them some action recently?

• Hmm, really feel we miss JJ when he is out, particularly on set plays obviously. So reliable from dead balls. Otherwise, same as Huddersfield, fingers crossed.

• @Malone said:
    Tried to sign into ifollow, clearly a bit too keen tonight!

No Bayo or Bloomfield even on the bench. Knocks, or a little mid season break after giving them some action recently?

Bayo is wearing a pretty serious looking knee brace.